Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965075 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #4575 on: July 24, 2013, 06:19:15 pm »

After finishing up with my gnome wizard and logging out of Everquest I saw an ad on Steam for Nascar the Game 2013. A thought then came to mind that may perhaps foretell the final death of the MMO as thoughts of World of Nascar swam through my head. The thought of a Nascar MMO disturbs me for some reason that may have to do with my strong aversion towards automobiles and motorists, which lead me to realizing that I am somewhat afraid of cars. I hate my mind some days.
World of Nascar would have the most horrifying '1337' gamers.
They would remove everything on their keyboard but the 'w' and 'a' keys. And become experts on 180 degree turns.
That, or crossing the finish line while flipping 17 times and on fire after hitting a jet dryer. (What? My dad is a Nap-car fan.)
Nono, you see, that would be fun. Serious competitive gaming is not allowed to be fun.
You can only use paint jobs that are red, yellow, orange, blue, green, and black. Purple is for scrubs, neon is unacceptable, and pastels are right out!
My alt car would be a neon purple with pastel accents then.
My alt car would be a boat.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: July 24, 2013, 11:43:50 pm »

After finishing up with my gnome wizard and logging out of Everquest I saw an ad on Steam for Nascar the Game 2013. A thought then came to mind that may perhaps foretell the final death of the MMO as thoughts of World of Nascar swam through my head. The thought of a Nascar MMO disturbs me for some reason that may have to do with my strong aversion towards automobiles and motorists, which lead me to realizing that I am somewhat afraid of cars. I hate my mind some days.
World of Nascar would have the most horrifying '1337' gamers.
They would remove everything on their keyboard but the 'w' and 'a' keys. And become experts on 180 degree turns.
That, or crossing the finish line while flipping 17 times and on fire after hitting a jet dryer. (What? My dad is a Nap-car fan.)
Nono, you see, that would be fun. Serious competitive gaming is not allowed to be fun.
You can only use paint jobs that are red, yellow, orange, blue, green, and black. Purple is for scrubs, neon is unacceptable, and pastels are right out!
My alt car would be a neon purple with pastel accents then.
My alt car would be a boat.
Did I say car? I meant to say horse I would walk on armored foot (painted in a pastel rainbow) foot while swinging around a neon purple sword and asking where the quests were.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4577 on: July 25, 2013, 12:52:02 am »

The ENT doctors stuck things into my nose and have decided that my septum is slightly bent and also I need a few more tests like frontal x-rays to decide how bad my growth is T_T
I bet the people abducted by aliens were just subjected to a routine ENT analysis and maybe a colon endoscopy just in case.

I hope I can get away with just a nasal spray and maybe steroid medicine. Dx

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: July 25, 2013, 01:05:55 am »

I saw a cockroach that looked like it had crawled through a running garbage disposal. It's body was torn up and everything, and it was still crawling around like normal. Ick.

I would say we should kill all cockroaches with fire nuked from orbital bombardment, but they'd probably survive that too.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: July 25, 2013, 01:11:47 am »

I'm pretty sure they would, actually.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: July 25, 2013, 01:33:35 am »

I would say we should kill all cockroaches with fire nuked from orbital bombardment, but they'd probably survive that too.
There's probably some cockroaches hiding underground for all we know, and they could survive the attacks.
Who knows, maybe there's a cockroach gene that makes you super-immune to any kind of temperature changes.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: July 25, 2013, 02:06:30 am »

Maybe not today maybe not tomorrow, but I went for a physical and learned that I have a heart murmur.
And those can be fatal, I think the doctor said no more monkies.
But mine isn't.
Black lives matter.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: July 25, 2013, 03:26:16 am »

The fan on my computer's power source just stopped spinning for some reason and I had to force the fan to start by jiggling it for a good minute and a half. I'm always frightened that I will lose my Precious when that sort of thing happens.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: July 25, 2013, 02:38:20 pm »

My dad has some Quails in the garden.
Their mating sound (or whatever it is, they actually got chicks already) sounds like someone whispering my name.

This is, in case you're wondering, fucking terrifying to hear at 4am. Especially if you do not know WHERE THE FUCK THAT SOUNDS COME FROM WHY WAS SOMEONE WHISPERING MY NAME I DID NOT SLEEP VERY WELL LAST NIGHT D:

edit: knowing where the sound comes from is not helping much Dx. This is fucked up.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 02:42:23 pm by Dutchling »

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: July 25, 2013, 04:56:35 pm »

*dutchling*

Whu? Hoozere?

*dutchling**dutchling**dutchling**dutchling**dutchling*

F*****g birds!

*Oh, dutchling.**dutchling**DUTCHLING*

don't hurt me

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: July 25, 2013, 05:15:27 pm »

My dad has some Quails in the garden.
Their mating sound (or whatever it is, they actually got chicks already) sounds like someone whispering my name.

This is, in case you're wondering, fucking terrifying to hear at 4am. Especially if you do not know WHERE THE FUCK THAT SOUNDS COME FROM WHY WAS SOMEONE WHISPERING MY NAME I DID NOT SLEEP VERY WELL LAST NIGHT D:

edit: knowing where the sound comes from is not helping much Dx. This is fucked up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zMJU0X7bR8

Man I just don't hear it Dutchling.

Unrelated: though I did read a short story once about a man driven to murdering his family, insane from the constant quail sounds that kept him up at night.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: July 25, 2013, 05:25:11 pm »

That's not the sound they make. They already for chicks so it can't be a mating call.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: July 25, 2013, 06:59:59 pm »

kill them, kill them all

if the sounds persist, consult the local summoner

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: July 30, 2013, 05:57:27 pm »

I was lying down in bed after having gotten off the phone with my mother and I thought to myself that she's getting on there in years. She's my representative payee and I'm afraid that if I don't get someone else to be my own payee or become my own payee myself before she passes that I'll be in a world of hurt because of it. That then lead to me thinking about how I've got a Section 8 inspection in April or May of next year at the earliest. If I don't pass that inspection I lose my support and my apartment and may very well end up being homeless because I am unable to work and most places in California cost about what I get in benefits a month in rent a month. Oh god, I may be screwed if what I'm paranoid about ends up becoming a reality. I'm frightened, very much so, at the uncertain future I am facing at this time.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: July 31, 2013, 09:06:29 am »

I was lying down in bed after having gotten off the phone with my mother and I thought to myself that she's getting on there in years. She's my representative payee and I'm afraid that if I don't get someone else to be my own payee or become my own payee myself before she passes that I'll be in a world of hurt because of it. That then lead to me thinking about how I've got a Section 8 inspection in April or May of next year at the earliest. If I don't pass that inspection I lose my support and my apartment and may very well end up being homeless because I am unable to work and most places in California cost about what I get in benefits a month in rent a month. Oh god, I may be screwed if what I'm paranoid about ends up becoming a reality. I'm frightened, very much so, at the uncertain future I am facing at this time.
1) Immediately stop posting on bay12
2) Do not post again on bay12 until you have done at least one thing toward guaranteeing that you pass that inspection
3) Repeat as needed
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 1420