Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1969541 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #2580 on: November 03, 2012, 05:59:44 pm »

What's the fear of open spaces? I had that last november when I was in Texas. I NEED COLORADO'S MOUNTAINS TO FEEL SAFE!

If you need to see something on the horizon to feel safe it's kenophobia, the fear of empty places.

Agoraphobia?

Agoraphobia is the fear of hard to escape places, such as a crowded mall, or a deep pit. While I admit that a landscape is hard to escape, kenophobia seems more appropriate in this case.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: November 03, 2012, 07:23:55 pm »

My older sister is pregnant. This terrifies me because she is 19, and living in a duplex. It also terrifies me because miscarriages are rather common in my family.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: November 03, 2012, 10:04:03 pm »

My older sister is pregnant. This terrifies me because she is 19, and living in a duplex. It also terrifies me because miscarriages are rather common in my family.
Unplanned? :( Damn, that sucks.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: November 03, 2012, 10:08:09 pm »

Unplanned? :( Damn, that sucks.
Yes but she doesn't seem too worried about it. And the father is a pretty cool guy, but work is a bit choppy for him. She has a job with good pay though, which is nice.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: November 04, 2012, 02:02:50 am »

Ah, alright. If they're prepared for it then I've hope it can work out, despite her rather young age.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: November 04, 2012, 02:55:42 pm »

So. I fired up (old) X-COM this morning and started a new campaign. The third deployment was a night-time terror mission (thankfully only Floaters & Reapers), but still. My team was almost entirely composed of rookies; the best I had was a captain, a pair of sergeants, and a single rookie with decent skills. Obviously still using assault rifles and no armor; didn't even have enough for everyone. Some of the troops were deploying with half-empty pistols. As soon as the mission starts, there were three or four spotting pings; the ramp was surrounded by a trio of Reapers and a floater was lurking in the distance. On the first alien turn, the guy with the AC fires off a bunch of HE. He was standing inside the still mostly-loaded Skyranger. Not a single shot was off-target; he splattered the first floater across a wall. A xeno grenade landed close to the ramp; when it detonated, it was a single tile too far away to hit anyone.

How did it go as a whole? Only one single, solitary hit on my people. He didn't die outright, but bled out while we were hunting down the last xeno. Didn't even lose anyone during the capture attempts. Only two civilians dead. So yeah, near-perfect results.

Why am I terrified, then? Because of that other shoe hovering ominously overhead. Ye gods, I'm sort of scared of continuing now.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
  • My destiny is a giant ROCK!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: November 04, 2012, 02:57:41 pm »

The lights in a room I frequent died. I am afraid of the dark. Do the math.
)( Pisces and proud of it. )(
Just so you know, I'm a girl.
Songs of the Strawberry Trees~My suggestion game!

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: November 04, 2012, 03:00:43 pm »

But the dark is wonderful! So peaceful and and serene.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: November 04, 2012, 03:01:06 pm »

The lights in a room I frequent died. I am afraid of the dark. Do the math.
Lon daantshvr.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2589 on: November 04, 2012, 03:01:33 pm »

Peaceful and serene can kill ya :P

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: November 04, 2012, 03:05:50 pm »

The darkness is the closest thing I have to a friend. But that's because I can respect it despite trying to fuck me over on a regular basis.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: November 04, 2012, 03:08:23 pm »

REMEMBER! FAP PROFUSELY AT THE DARKNESS! IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO SURVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: November 04, 2012, 03:09:14 pm »

REMEMBER! FAP PROFUSELY AT THE DARKNESS! IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO SURVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
* kaijyuu shrugs.

If you insist.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: November 04, 2012, 03:09:55 pm »

The darkness tells me that it's offended and asks me to tell you to stop before it sues you for sexual harassment.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2594 on: November 04, 2012, 03:15:40 pm »

Yeah, the darkness is already committed with Dutchling.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 1420