Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1218 1219 [1220] 1221 1222 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1976874 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #18285 on: December 18, 2017, 10:33:55 pm »

Personally, my opinion is that everyone is the worst at driving.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18286 on: December 18, 2017, 11:30:50 pm »

I had to learn to drive with an insanely touchy gas pedal and a manual transmission. Not exactly my definition of fun.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18287 on: December 18, 2017, 11:52:04 pm »

I'm usually not *terrified*, but I'm initially uncomfortable being a passenger with my parents.
And between mid-drive Ingress on his side, or a stubborn refusal to merge behind anyone on hers...  Hence the "usually".
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Whenever they (are so tired they) ask if I want to drive?  Say yes!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18288 on: December 19, 2017, 01:01:03 am »

Oh fuck ive been thinking about that recently too where is she
I still see her ingame and online all the time on Steam so I'm pretty sure it's not panic-worthy
That at least means her account hasn't been locked down, but she shares it with her sibling. So unless you've messaged her, or she's messaged you, you can't tell if it's been her or her sibling all this time.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18289 on: December 21, 2017, 01:41:19 am »

https://youtu.be/36rWUGQ84W8?t=16s

Mimikyu's Pokedex entry:
"A gust of wind revealed what hides under this Pokémon's rag to a passing Trainer, who went home and died painfully that very night."
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18290 on: December 21, 2017, 01:46:15 am »

I feel like Pokedex entries are unusually grimdark.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18291 on: December 21, 2017, 03:01:00 am »

Caroline hasn't been online since end of July.
Seen her here and there on Discord.

Also, I want to add that she's in university, now.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18292 on: December 21, 2017, 10:11:18 am »

P. sure there was a drive-by shooting of some kind on my street earlier. I kinda miss the days when I wasn't scared of things (namely, that time my old house got robbed by thugs with clubs)... although of course, that 'courage' didn't come from a very healthy place. Bloody optimism for the future, robbing me of my apathetic fearlnessness...

Could have been some sort of realistic prank, but if it was they sure got me good -  whatever it was the incident left me in a state of panic for quite a while. Now I feel like I'm tired enough to sleep, finally, but who knows what fucked up dreams I will have. D:   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18293 on: December 21, 2017, 10:30:39 am »

And that's why I own guns. Murrica!

But less flippantly, that's terrifying Yoink.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18294 on: December 21, 2017, 02:42:35 pm »

My biggest fear is not being able to feed my family, my new born specially.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18295 on: December 21, 2017, 09:32:42 pm »

And that's why I own guns. Murrica!

But less flippantly, that's terrifying Yoink.
Damn straight. There'd be no room for fear in my heart if there was a gun in my hands. :( 

My biggest fear is not being able to feed my family, my new born specially.
Well, I believe in you, man. You seem canny enough to make it through your situation from what I've read.
Best of luck to you and yours.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18296 on: December 21, 2017, 10:36:01 pm »

Everyone but me is the worst at it, so it's their fault for being awful.

That's my philosophy.
See, I hear this as a joke pretty frequently, but I see the stupidest shit every day on the road. Just this morning I saw someone pass me on the right-hand shoulder WITHOUT LIGHTS. At FOUR IN THE MORNING.

It's really is safest to assume that every other driver on the road is a goddamn moron.

My favorite stupid shits I've seen on the road:

Was driving on a road that has two lanes on either side with a large median in-between (curb+grass).  Behind a semi.  Moderate traffic around (plenty of vehicles around but not packed), going roughly 50 mph.  The semi in front of me suddenly slams on his breaks and pulls a u-turn over the fucking median without warning.  Luckily, he didn't cause any accidents.  But goddamn was that some reckless shit.

But this is the real crowning stupid -- I was once on the interstate going about 70 mph, in the far right lane.  About half a mile from the off-ramp near where I lived.  This middle-aged guy on a motorcycle (something between a harley and a goldwing) screams past me on my right side going around 90 mph.  On the shoulder.  No helmet.  T-shirt.  Khaki shorts.  Sandals.  TALKING ON HIS FUCKING CELL PHONE.  When I saw that guy I thought he must either be in an action movie-like life and death situation, or having the most epic mid-life crisis.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18297 on: December 21, 2017, 10:40:02 pm »

Sheesh.

Yeah, those are pretty bad. Stupid people.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18298 on: December 21, 2017, 10:50:13 pm »

The worst traffic situations I've been involved in were (unsurprisingly) related to the suicide ramps (Interstate on-ramps that connect directly to the right-hand traffic lane) I have to take both to and from work. Because these ramps often require you to stop at the start of them in cases where there simply is no suitable gap in the traffic, and they are sharply curved, it is a really bad idea to take these at high speed. These particular ramps have a 30 MPH speed limit.

For a while last year, I would regularly get near the top of such a ramp, look for a gap, and then narrowly avoid an accident because the guy on the ramp behind me going 90 decided to whip around me instead of waiting. Twice, he avoided a semi that I was yielding to by millimeters because he just couldn't conceive that maybe, just maybe, there was a reason I didn't charge blindly onto the highway.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18299 on: December 22, 2017, 09:13:38 am »

I am not okay.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 1218 1219 [1220] 1221 1222 ... 1420