Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1219 1220 [1221] 1222 1223 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1976862 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #18300 on: December 22, 2017, 09:31:39 am »

Relax, man, nobody really is. It's okay to not be okay. Hang in there.

If you need someone to talk to more specifically about whatever's going on, feel free to drop me a line. As always, I cannot promise that any advice I give would be helpful at all, but I can at least offer moral support. I'm sure plenty of folks here would do the same. :)   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18301 on: December 22, 2017, 11:39:03 am »

Neither I am okay. As Yoink say, it's just normal business of the day to not be okay. Some days are far worst than other of course, try to live one day at the time.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18302 on: December 22, 2017, 11:58:01 am »

I think the doctor will help. You all help a lot also. Thank you guys.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18303 on: December 22, 2017, 12:31:15 pm »

I think the doctor will help. You all help a lot also. Thank you guys.
We're here to help. As long I have internet. The economy is so distorted that the monthly fee for the internet is as cheap as 3 bus tickets. Granted is slow, crappy and unreliable, but at least is suppa cheap.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18304 on: December 22, 2017, 06:19:24 pm »

I feel like Pokedex entries are unusually grimdark.
The Pokedex has nothing on the horror of actually seeing Let's Snuggle Forever (and ever and ever and ever...), with the trainer's casual encouragement. :thumbsup:
(The Alolan protagonist never stops smiling, no matter what, which is creepy enough on it's own.)

The Pokedex entry is just the frosting on the pokepuff.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 06:34:08 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #18305 on: December 23, 2017, 04:50:14 pm »

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18306 on: December 25, 2017, 09:11:15 pm »

I had a friggin' legit nightmare last night. It was actually pretty well put together, I wrote it down (laboriously, on my cheap-arse temporary phone) but now I'm wondering if it wouldn't make for a good short story or novella.

Then once I finally finished that and went back to sleep, I had another nightmare, which also led to me waking up in panic. Whoa. This one made a lot less sense, though, and was a lot less frightening once I thought about it. And then there was one more set of dreams before I finally woke up properly, but I don't think they were overly frightening from what I remember.
Good grief. So much for sleep. I think I may have been a little cold through the night, even after the first dream happened and I threw on a bunch of extra layers... goddamn crazy weather, it's supposed to be scorching hot at Christmastime. :o   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18307 on: December 25, 2017, 10:16:30 pm »

Man, this past holiday week kind of rocked?  I had sufficient quiet time to myself where I did very little but read.  I slept almost the recommended amount and my dreams were (almost entirely) pleasant and unnoteworthy.  I was acceptably on time to all social functions, which were many, and I and my clothes were quite clean and presentable.

I was at ease enough to tell jokes and exchange stories with people.  Instead of constantly watching the clock, I was more than content to while away the time with banter and post-prandial contentment.

There was drama, but nothing like before, and it slid off me like nothing. 

So, why is this terrifying?  Possibilities:

* 30 seconds per hour on a mobile device was all I ever needed to be comfortable in these things (fallen london, chat with my friends)
* By completely avoiding my brother, everything is simply better less stressful.  One of those truths ye dare not countenance.
* With a lack of disruptive drama demanding my intervention, which was always my role, I simply enjoyed my incredibly passive role in all this, finding it a welcome respite from the responsibilities of real life.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 10:49:10 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18308 on: January 04, 2018, 04:07:08 am »

Thoughts and prayers, people.
I am currently wearing a pair of jeans I bought from an op-shop last week and have not yet had time to wash. The jeans I was wearing had too many ruined pockets to make for ideal going-out attire, and all my other presentable pairs of jeans seemed rather filthy.
Hopefully I don't catch crabs. Unless they are the result of some unforeseen and unexpected sexual activity this evening, I suppose. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18310 on: January 04, 2018, 11:54:14 pm »

This is why you never party with fey.  Especially if you have True Sight - the glamour might almost be worth it.
Now you know why you fear the bright ones.

Those clockworkkin, though.  Really appreciate a good flute solo.

This might also be the best example of "fair use" I've ever seen (being an interpretation of 3 engravings).
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18311 on: January 05, 2018, 12:54:39 pm »

This is why you never party with fey.  Especially if you have True Sight - the glamour might almost be worth it.
Now you know why you fear the bright ones.

Those clockworkkin, though.  Really appreciate a good flute solo.

This might also be the best example of "fair use" I've ever seen (being an interpretation of 3 engravings).
Also one of my favourite portrayals of the devil. Doesn't say anything, just mad flute skills, like a pied piper

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18312 on: January 05, 2018, 04:47:58 pm »

Hypothermia is a bitch.

Losing weight seems to have made me less cold resistant than I recall. Or maybe I'm just getting old.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18313 on: January 05, 2018, 06:26:25 pm »

Driving back with groceries just after sunset, taking it pretty slow on the residential street.  Some people were cheerfully walking along the middle of the road, between patches of black ice.  I actually skidded slightly on ice as I avoided a couple, who just kinda smiled at me.  I shrugged and waved, there was plenty of space, I'm just amazed at how brave pedestrians are - even when they have the right of way, unlike here.

Because half a mile later, someone started riding my tail really hard.  I was still nearly doing the speed limit, which apparently offended them.  When I turned off they swung around me impatiently, gunning it, and I swear I saw them fishtail 3 directions on the black ice.  Fucking jackass is going to kill someone.

And I know it's a vicious cycle, but I'm not going to push my right-of-way as a pedestrian or cyclist while people like that are out there.
She/they

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18314 on: January 06, 2018, 12:23:10 pm »

My thoughts are getting foggy.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 1219 1220 [1221] 1222 1223 ... 1420