Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1137 1138 [1139] 1140 1141 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1969097 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #17070 on: October 28, 2016, 03:30:31 pm »

Several things that I've been thinking about recently.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #17071 on: October 28, 2016, 04:02:04 pm »

-snip-
May I recommend the works of Søren Kierkegaard?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17072 on: October 28, 2016, 04:06:56 pm »

Edgy nihilism isn't really a new thing...

You might want to read more philosophy.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #17073 on: October 28, 2016, 04:29:12 pm »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17074 on: October 28, 2016, 04:32:28 pm »

Wheels are there to be reinvented.  I find it quite reassuring that if we were to lose all works associated with this this subject, all historical knowledge, the state of being human still drives us to contemplate life's meaning, and actually come to the same conclusions.  Shows us that we're not really all that different from our forebears, that there is an archetypal human response to existence.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17075 on: October 28, 2016, 06:40:25 pm »

Pus and blood was coming out from my ear this morning. The fact that it was worries me. I think it was just a pimple but according to Dr. Google it could be a ruptured eardrum.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17076 on: October 28, 2016, 06:47:55 pm »

Delayed posting, but. Little bit ago, either something crawled down the far wall of my room that had a leg span roughly equivalent to my head, or. I hallucinated something with a leg span roughly equivalent to my head crawling down the far wall of my room. Didn't have a light close enough to me to really tell what it was, which just makes it worse.

Currently undecided as to which is more disconcerting. Leaning towards the former just because we... don't have much in florida that reaches that size, particularly that are inclined towards crawling around inside a house. Also there's not really anywhere in the room I'm aware of that something that size could even get in through, save maybe the AC vent.

Either way there's either something in here that could comfortably audition as an extra in an Aliens movie, or I'm starting to see things what aren't there more overtly than the normal static. This is not terribly conducive to my paranoia levels.

... as for the ear thing. Perhaps consult Dr. Doctor, instead of Dr. Google. Dr. Google doesn't actually have a license to practice in most countries. Usually a good idea when blood is actually emitting from various orifices. Alternately get a mirror and see if you can see something, or ask someone nearby to check. Then possibly go to the doctor.

E: On the flip side, if it is a ohgodfire sized bug, I can hit it with things until it stops being a coherent entity. If it's hallucination the it in this scenario is my brain. I don't want to slam a maglight into my brainmeats until they cease to be a roughly contiguous organ.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 06:55:35 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #17077 on: October 28, 2016, 06:59:41 pm »

Stay safe, Frumple, and don't kill yourself to stop the abyssal horrors from climbing out through your eyeballs.

I just had a ruptured eardrum. That was not blood, it was a weird-smelling fluid slowly oozing out of my ear as well as clogging my auditory stuff. I'd recommend asking Dr. Doctor, but he has a very suspicious name.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 08:18:35 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17078 on: October 28, 2016, 08:16:35 pm »

Pus and blood was coming out from my ear this morning. The fact that it was worries me. I think it was just a pimple but according to Dr. Google it could be a ruptured eardrum.

Yeah, I've had moments like that. I'm pretty certain[Note:Not even close to a doctor, so please take with a double dose of delicious sodium] that you'd notice a ruptured eardrum pretty quickly, but I dunno how ears work.

EDIT:

Oh god now the insides of my ears are crawling uncomfortably thinking about punctured eardrums. Damn you power of suggestion!
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #17079 on: October 28, 2016, 08:18:56 pm »

If it was a ruptured eardrum, there would be significant pain.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17080 on: October 28, 2016, 10:27:25 pm »

Just checked my email and discovered a gigantic freakin' power bill. I haven't even been here much at all so I have no idea what my fuckwit housemates have done to rack up such a huge bill. They're probably running a growhouse or something.

This bill is in my name, of course- me who never wanted to live here in the first place. ::)

Edit: Hmmm, it could be mostly leftover from the previous landlord, who is incredibly stingy and unscrupulous and generally does her best to avoid having to pay for anything. Whatever the case, this is no doubt going to be a pain in the arse to sort out.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 10:59:47 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17081 on: October 29, 2016, 04:17:53 am »

According to Dr. Google it's probably cancer.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17082 on: October 29, 2016, 06:49:50 am »

In middle ear otitis purulent material can build up, which might lead to a perforation of the eardrum.

Needless to say, its unlikely that this went unnoticed.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17083 on: October 29, 2016, 10:16:17 am »

Edgy nihilism isn't really a new thing...

You might want to read more philosophy.
Almost the opposite, a high proportion of teens seem to arrive at it independently.  I certainly did!

I don't even think it's wrong, exactly.  But getting invested in life is more fun.  Addictive, too.  Kinda the opposite of nirvana, but nirvana is overrated.  (Not Nirvana though they're cool)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17084 on: October 29, 2016, 10:31:39 am »

Which makes you realise that all these famous philosophers were really just people who stayed in the "edgy teen" stage of development for the rest of their lives.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 1137 1138 [1139] 1140 1141 ... 1420