Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 639600 times)

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #705 on: March 02, 2012, 09:22:03 pm »

my latest adventurer just met his tragic end being hit by a titan with a single fireball. he burned, and burned, and burned, and burned....until he died. he was a necromancer with superhuman toughness - is there ANY way not to die when being set on fire while ther is no river/pond/lake around? it was actually in a freezing biome, snow everywhere, but that didnt seem to help, nor the ice i carried in my waterskins...

xJack

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 04, 2012, 02:36:02 pm »

Can you only have 3 interactions working on a creature at a time? I was trying to add some the interactions from The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository and my adventurer could only use 3 of them.

bg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 04, 2012, 03:14:07 pm »

Any ways of killing bogeymen without having them dodge like they know how to use the flash step and then punch me in my ribs, making me give in to pain and letting them kill me?
sleep in a town market and let the merchants do the dirty work for you.
or be a necromancer and raise dead parts.
decent throwing works if you're not surrounded

humblegar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 14, 2012, 06:11:13 am »

These threads are great, even if some questions are asked twice we get a better forum and lots of information in a central place.

Some questions I see asked and answered a lot:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A few questions:
  • If I retire an adventurer, can I recruit him or her? I'm thinking an archer with a large quantity of ammo and some defensive skills. Would recruiting an adventurer remove any future option of playing that adventurer again?
  • Is there an easy way to fast travel early in the morning and still make sure my companions are with me? My method so far is to 'wait' until a few hours after dawn.
  • When I travel at night, how do I know if my companions are still with me? Are they always with me if I see them on my screen when I start fast travel? Even if hurt?
  • If I open the caverns with a fort, and then start/activate an adventurer, will forgotten beasts spawn and roam the countryside?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 14, 2012, 07:19:43 am »

• You can recruit your retired adventurers if you can find them. I don't know if they can be played after recruitment, it might be possible if you retire the active adventurer. I'm pretty sure that they can't be played again if the active adventurer dies when old adventurers still are in the group. Some ‼Science‼ might be in order.
  • Just wait for a few turns with [.] and check if you can see every companion with the companion list [c].
  • Again, the companion list [c]. Behind the names, you can see the direction they're in if you can't see them. The color of the direction indicates the distance - brighter means closer.
    When you start fast traveling, every companion who is roughly in the same map tile as you comes with you. That's a pretty large area, maybe as big as the no-fast-travel area surrounding a camp. If everybody is in your field of vision, they definitely stay with you, and it's no problem if they happen to be behind a tree when you hit [T], either.
    Only unconscious or dead companions will be left behind when you fast travel, other injuries don't matter.
  • All the roaming around happens during world generation. Everybody generally stays at their site afterwards. If you have an FB in your fortress and abandon it, the FB will stay there and scare visitors, but it won't terrorize the lands. Other FBs won't escape either.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 14, 2012, 11:28:29 am »

you can play any retired even if thay have been companions.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 14, 2012, 11:47:40 am »

Do any werebeast forms have wings, and if so, can you actually fly with them? I mean in vanilla DF.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 14, 2012, 04:28:47 pm »

How do I become a vampire in adventurer mode? Drinking the dead vampire's blood didn't cause any changes, my adventurer still gets hungry and thirsty. Well, I hope it's not that I got unlucky and the RNG threw me a vampire curse that does not remove the need to eat...
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #713 on: May 14, 2012, 04:55:26 pm »

Drink the blood of someone unconscious.

Joost66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 14, 2012, 10:07:11 pm »

For some reason the townspeople in my newest world keep saying "I'm flattered, but I have no need of your services." when I ask for a quest, this usually doesn't happen. Is it just because there isn't anything to kill nearby?
Hello. Have a nice day.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 14, 2012, 11:09:37 pm »

Yep.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 15, 2012, 07:24:00 am »

How do I become a vampire in adventurer mode? Drinking the dead vampire's blood didn't cause any changes, my adventurer still gets hungry and thirsty. Well, I hope it's not that I got unlucky and the RNG threw me a vampire curse that does not remove the need to eat...

For the moment, vampirisim isn't randomized as far as I know.  Otherwise, no clue what the problem is.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Auning

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 18, 2012, 07:10:38 pm »

Are carts/wheelbarrows freely usable in adventure mode? If so, how? I have happened across two in a few days of play.
[DESCRIPTION:A horse-like creature susceptible to severed nerves when muscles are torn in limb, grasp and starting length are all the same.]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE:BIRD_ROC]

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 19, 2012, 03:31:15 am »

Can NPCs in worldgen be adventurers now? My first adventurer in 34.09 found a speardwarf, tile already flashing blue before recruiting, whose profession was "I have wandered the wilds for thirty-six of my years. Mine is the hand that killed the stupid dwarf Deduk Spiralfence!"
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 19, 2012, 03:33:35 am »

Are carts/wheelbarrows freely usable in adventure mode? If so, how? I have happened across two in a few days of play.
I dunno about wheelbarrows, but carts are usable. They provide hours of fun.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 328