Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 641331 times)

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3090 on: December 14, 2015, 12:20:27 pm »

I have been taking to keeping a notebook to just write down the names and everything myself. You get way more into the game if you can recognise a name from a conversation and see that it has to do with this person who was a lord of your civ a century ago. (Especially because dead people don't seem to be possible to ask about, nor are registered in your quest log, despite everything else including that cat you knocked over)

Which seriously makes me wish we had an in-game way to better flag stuff we want to remember, or an in-game note feature. Like fortress mode notes. ;w;
Well, toady did say that the next quality of life UI improvements would be focussed around adventure mode's questlog.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: December 14, 2015, 12:21:46 pm »

Oooh. Hell yes. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3092 on: December 14, 2015, 12:56:43 pm »

How do I find a beast in adventure mode now?  I head of peopled troubled by them and cant figure out how to see them in the quest log like before

What's the last version you've played?
It was changed so you only know about rumors and no longer have actual quests.

You just sort of... have to write down where the place actually is or just remember the name of the location.

It's lair should be showing up in the sites list in the quest log (you should be able to type the name and press "m" to view the map then "z" to "zoom" to it. There's lots of lists in the quest log right now... There should be a "beasts" list aswell though I don't have the game in front of me right now.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Wisty

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: December 14, 2015, 01:22:09 pm »

I just got word of an army marching to attack a town. How do I warn and evacuate the villagers?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: December 14, 2015, 01:25:57 pm »

I just got word of an army marching to attack a town. How do I warn and evacuate the villagers?

You have to tell every single villager of the march via the "spread rumor" thing, then offer to rescue them on the following screen.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Wisty

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: December 14, 2015, 02:06:16 pm »

I see. I've made it that far, I have an entire party of 17 people now which mostly consists of the town's nobility and the local crime boss(?)
I don't really know what to do with them now. I think it would be fine to just bring them to the closest town, but a lot of them are asking to bring them to their family members that live who-knows-where. And then there are some who have no family who I guess are just going to follow me around until they die?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 02:09:10 pm by Wisty »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: December 14, 2015, 02:32:16 pm »

Yeah, I had a 60+ lagfest with my anaconda man, and soon discovered that a lot of them lacked any relatives they wanted to see.

Only way I could kinda-sorta ditch them was by visiting a safe place and just telling them to wait there. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: December 14, 2015, 03:07:47 pm »

(sorry, I originally asked this in the "What's going on in your adventure?" thread, it was meant for here)

I've now been to 4 temples, and I've toppled statues in all of them. Priests and high priests witnessed it. There's not a single statue that I saw and didn't topple.

Yet, I haven't been cursed with either vampirism or lycanthropy. What's wrong? How do I find a statue that'll get me cursed if I topple it?

AMTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: December 14, 2015, 03:12:05 pm »

Does the world have 0 were or vamp types?

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: December 14, 2015, 03:14:59 pm »

Make sure your temples are still intact (checking by Legends Mode).
Find the right god.
Watch for AdvWorldGen.
To make it safe: Browse Legends Mode and search for vampires - look at where they get cursed and travel to this location (provided it wasn't razed - and by this I don't mean razed to the ground; but sometimes there are temples which were abandoned, despite some priests lurking around).

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: December 14, 2015, 03:24:28 pm »

It depends on the temple. If you've visited multiple such temples, it might be something other than my initial assumption, which (as I responded earlier) that the first temple might've simply been no longer in use. ;w;

But yeah, it's possible there aren't enough curse types to go around.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: December 14, 2015, 03:28:35 pm »

I exported the list of historical figures from legends mode, and it looks like there's not a single vampire or werebeast in the world. The temples I vandalized weren't razed, according to the Structures list as well.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: December 14, 2015, 03:32:41 pm »

Any mucking about with custom worldgen settings?

Alternatively, any mods used?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: December 14, 2015, 03:35:29 pm »

I'm using AdventureCraft, and I didn't use an advanced worldgen. Only special thing I did was stop the history progression at year 30, because I think 5 is too little and 125 is too much.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: December 14, 2015, 03:39:36 pm »

Then it's reasonable that you don't have any vampires or werebeasts.
Too short for a history - at least to develop things like these or necromancers.

Edit: Btw, why is 125 too much?
My earliest stopping for WorldGen occurs around 500.
Then you have all of these nice little wars and secrets around your travels.
I wouldn't want to miss that.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 03:42:31 pm by SaD-82 »
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 328