Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So much facepalm  (Read 1073 times)

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So much facepalm
« on: November 20, 2010, 12:03:14 pm »

I accidentally locked a kobold thief in my courtyard and now there are 32 terrified dwarfs huddling in a corner terrified of him.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: So much facepalm
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 12:21:39 pm »

I don't see anything wrong with that.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 12:30:27 pm »

*Imagines 32 dorfs screaming "Watch out! hes got a knife!" ignorant of the picks and axes they have...*
This is a blank sig.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 12:32:29 pm »

Just stick them in a temporary squad. 32 dwarves should be enough to take a flimsy kobold.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 12:40:26 pm »

Just stick them in a temporary squad. 32 dwarves should be enough to take a flimsy kobold.

They should be enough to take him apart and put all his body parts including fingers and organs on display separately.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 01:13:08 pm »

They should be enough to take him apart and put all his body parts including fingers and organs on display separately.
My new sig when I find a computer that isn't my Wii.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 04:52:58 pm »

You think that's facepalm? I wanted to get some sunlight into my fortress far below the ground. so i channel out this big thing, right? and i put grates on the top of it.

when i look at the finished 20-level hole in the ground i figure .. i dont need the grates. i can put them elsewhere, nothing is going to come down this hole.
 so i order it to be removed... and stare in complete disbelief when two dwarves come, stand on the grates AND YANK THEM OUT FROM UNDER EACHOTHERS FEET .. they fall down like choreographed by andrew lloyd webber. dying the exakt same fraction of the second.

I can't help but think of them. standing there without the slightest idea how stupid this is .. and going "okay on the count of three"
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 05:42:20 pm »

It was easy to sort out of course. It was just the thought of a group of 32 dwarves being cornered by a kobold.

And anyway, there's a new facepalm on the block. It's the bonecarver who took two sapphires and a melanite for a strange mood.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 07:31:54 pm »

You think that's facepalm? I wanted to get some sunlight into my fortress far below the ground. so i channel out this big thing, right? and i put grates on the top of it.

when i look at the finished 20-level hole in the ground i figure .. i dont need the grates. i can put them elsewhere, nothing is going to come down this hole.
 so i order it to be removed... and stare in complete disbelief when two dwarves come, stand on the grates AND YANK THEM OUT FROM UNDER EACHOTHERS FEET .. they fall down like choreographed by andrew lloyd webber. dying the exakt same fraction of the second.

I can't help but think of them. standing there without the slightest idea how stupid this is .. and going "okay on the count of three"
... that is awesome in a very dwarfy, fail, stupid way. The mental image made my day.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Pagan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 02:11:36 am »

The "OK! on three!" image made me burst out laughing.

Its especially funny cause its so true.
My gf thinks sex will stop me from playing dwarf fortress.
Little does she know that will never work, a beard doesnt look good on her.