Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let's Play - Europa Universalis 3! (Choose What Version + Nation!)  (Read 7544 times)

Re: Let's Play - Europa Universalis 3! (Choose What Version + Nation!)
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 11:42:23 am »

Version
MM: 5
HTTT: 2
Abstain: 2

Nation
Knights of St John: II
Japanese Shogun:II
Aztlan: II
Oirat Horde: I
Ming: I
Byzantium: I

Going to leave it for a little bit longer, to see if anyone cares to break the tie. :p

The Knights, in either. I want to see if they're possible.

I'm fairly certain they're possible as a trading power in vanilla, and they have LOTS of support in MM - although I'm not certain if the relocation thing applies to players in Magna Mundi quite like it does to NPCs. (Essentially, if they get conquered, then they get given a random Italian province.)

MM, doesn't really lock you into a linear storyline; you force that upon yourself so that you don't get screwed over too much. It's just that MM is harder, and forces a lot of details upon you to consider when the vanilla doesn't. Of course, the Ottoman empire doesn't necessarily invade and conquer Europe every game- in fact, it's rather hard to do that myself on MMP. But yeah.

I still call MM!

Technically true. The main dev (or the guy who is one of them, at least) of Magna Mundi DOES take great pride in the fact that the mod is harder to deviate than the normal game, though. He gets kinda pissy when people mess it up. =p A person on the EU3 forums posted a map of Ming which had collapsed into a bunch of warring states because of his efforts (years of spies, dragging the Ming into useless wars and the like) and he was accused of modding the mod.
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 01:24:49 pm »

Huh.
If I remember correctly, Aztlan will never have ports even if you find ports.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 01:27:57 pm »

Huh.
If I remember correctly, Aztlan will never have ports even if you find ports.

Really? =/ Not even if you Westernise?
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2010, 01:58:03 pm »

There is no "westernize" in Magna Mundi. There are modifiers which reduce your research rate, etc. Let me check, anyway.
edit: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?494126-Ports-and-Landlock
-How to remove it. Pirates are really annoying, though, so I'd recommend you install the mod for pirates.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 02:01:35 pm by PenguinOverlord »
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2010, 03:14:08 pm »

There is no "westernize" in Magna Mundi. There are modifiers which reduce your research rate, etc. Let me check, anyway.
edit: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?494126-Ports-and-Landlock
-How to remove it. Pirates are really annoying, though, so I'd recommend you install the mod for pirates.

Huh, that sucks a bit. =/

In that case, I'm going to flip a coin (within an hour or two :p) between The Knights and a Japanese Shogunate in a bit. Anyone care to break the tie before then?

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 04:16:04 pm »

In that case, I'm going to flip a coin (within an hour or two :p) between The Knights and a Japanese Shogunate in a bit. Anyone care to break the tie before then?

Japanese Shogunate.
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 04:19:53 pm »

Japanese Shogunate.

And we're on!

Starting Magna Mundi right now. ;D
Pages: 1 [2]