Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: Intensifying Mod ver 0.23  (Read 65181 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.20
« Reply #270 on: January 09, 2012, 08:29:03 pm »

If you dont like undead creatures to create miasma indoors, you can turn that of in the raws.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 09, 2012, 08:38:34 pm »

Hey, come on!  :P Why must you set the default installation data folder to "IM data", forcing me to delve into a new (or, forgotten) file format?
Are you trying to... educate me?  ;D
I dont understand what you are getting at...

If you dont like undead creatures to create miasma indoors, you can turn that off in the raws.
Last time I tried it in 0.31.12 it didnt work. Kindly educate me.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #272 on: January 09, 2012, 09:32:33 pm »

I havent personally used it, but I read that the tag [NOSMELLYROT] would remove miasma from creatures. It is also listed in the wiki under creature token, so i might be worth a try. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 09, 2012, 11:42:57 pm »

I havent personally used it, but I read that the tag [NOSMELLYROT] would remove miasma from creatures. It is also listed in the wiki under creature token, so i might be worth a try. :)
Already tried. Didnt work and still doesnt.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:00:05 am by rephikul »
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 10, 2012, 05:09:40 pm »

Hey, come on!  :P Why must you set the default installation data folder to "IM data", forcing me to delve into a new (or, forgotten) file format?
Are you trying to... educate me?  ;D
I dont understand what you are getting at...
Sorry about that late night babble. What I meant to say was:
Your batch-file installer was spamming "Installation data not found. Setup aborted!!". After a few minutes of scalp-scratching, I understood why. The batch file has the following bit of code:
Code: [Select]
SET ver=IM data

IF NOT EXIST "%ver%" (
ECHO Installation data not found. Setup aborted!!
PAUSE
EXIT)
Oddly enough, the data folder in your package is actually named "Intensifying Mod ver 0.20" instead of "IM data", resulting in the cancellation spam. An oversight?
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 10, 2012, 06:36:23 pm »

I'm back.
First, I use mayday graphic pack and rock cost 1.
Second, we're back to ocean tuna problem, but this time it's walruses, forty of those spawned at ocean and cut fps in new fort from 200 to 70 (of course computer isn't great but still).
Third, considering how rare stone is now and how much of it is needed for trading I believe rock jugs would be fair substitute to barrels.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 10, 2012, 08:22:52 pm »

Oddly enough, the data folder in your package is actually named "Intensifying Mod ver 0.20" instead of "IM data", resulting in the cancellation spam. An oversight?
Shoot!!

I'm back.
First, I use mayday graphic pack and rock cost 1.
Thank you, will sort it out.
Second, we're back to ocean tuna problem, but this time it's walruses, forty of those spawned at ocean and cut fps in new fort from 200 to 70 (of course computer isn't great but still).
Haha I'd work on that right a way. Guess I'd make a new option to keep the old fish numbers. I like my "Killerwhale" squads.

Third, considering how rare stone is now and how much of it is needed for trading I believe rock jugs would be fair substitute to barrels.
I'm going to adjust (read: massively increase) the weight of raw stones in the next patch, so I could add that in just for kicks and see how it fare.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:28:34 pm by rephikul »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 10, 2012, 08:47:16 pm »

It turns out I've mistaken about those costs. I've added selective milling by myself and only now noticed the absence of those kitchen sink reactions. Looks like it didn't install for me, just like for Vodrilus.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 10, 2012, 08:54:46 pm »

It turns out I've mistaken about those costs. I've added selective milling by myself and only now noticed the absence of those kitchen sink reactions. Looks like it didn't install for me, just like for Vodrilus.
ya please pack everything except for the .bat into a folder called "IM Data" like in previous installations and it should do.

EDIT: I'd release a patch this evening.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.21
« Reply #279 on: January 11, 2012, 10:35:31 am »

Download at the depot

Version 0.21 was released.
+ Adjusted vanilla nobles. All of their mandates were converted to demands.
+ Added automatic ore smelting. This feature can be toggled at 'o'ption -> 'w'orkshop -> 'S'melter.
+ Hellfire imps arent so hot anymore.
+ Increased stone weight by 5x
+ Added back flies
+ Improved installation process and output
+ Assorted bugfixes

=== Adjusted nobles ===
Rejoice, useless nobles no longer issue mandate. Everything now can be under your control, so spare their life.

=== Automatic ore smeling ===
Gracious time saver for me as I dont ever have to queue them again and again , so it's left as ON by default.  This feature can be toggled at 'o'ption -> 'w'orkshop -> 'S'melter.

=== Heavier paperweights ===
Better catapults and stone traps. Much less appealing furniture trades. Despite the increase in weight, hauling speed doesnt seem to be affected much. But I guess that's because I havent tried hauling those slades with a dabbling clutch walker...

=== Purple snow ===
An ancient, evil source of unhappiness has resurfaced: A race of tiny flying insects found around rotting meat and garbage. Their body is covered by coarse purple hair, hence the name. Or is it? Note that dwaves loath these guys so pay attention to your butcher. Oh wait it's just a fell mood. Carry on, carry on.

=== Added Origin support ===
Nah, I was just kidding. Now the batch file can also crawl up a folder and the readme as well as the batch file should has a bit more information. If someone can proof read them I'd appreciate. English isnt my native language.

=== Other rants ===
 + I wasnt at all happy with the fact that dwarves can still live so well in my no drinking no mandate fort so I have been desperately trying to add a new source of unhappiness. Hopefully these flies will do the trick.
 + I have adjusted the amount of all underwater creater so they wont hurt fps too much (not stated in patch note) It's kinda wierd that there are more fantastical unicorns then there are cods in the ocean but oh well.
 + Per requested by Di, I have actually checked out those rock bins/barrels but it look the the increase in weight doesnt translate well in hauling time so they are pulled off for now.
 + It seems that the amount of changes I've done for each the last few patchs has been becoming less and less. I wonder when shall be the day when I manage something awesome again. The last awesome patch was 0.15!! when I overhauled the weapons and it was over a year ago.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 10:42:29 am by rephikul »

xela0301

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 12, 2012, 01:06:50 am »

First of all, thank you for the mod and the efforts.
Sadly, I'm having trouble making this mod work correctly.

I installed DF from scratch and ran the bat file as I was supposed to.
But when I started the game, my "dwarves" were actually "goblins".
Both in the end of creature's description and Runesmith indicated so.

Checked the entity files and the [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag was at the right place.
Tried to merge all the entity files into entity_default.
Even tried to reinstall few times to see if things were different.

*Edit: Also tried to manually copy each file.
(as long as the entity files were unchanged, it gave me dwarves but got ctd's)*

Everytime it gave me a random race (elf, human, goblin).
Checked the game without the mod, and it gave me the correct race.

Any idea what's wrong with it?
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 01:11:00 am by xela0301 »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 12, 2012, 01:24:25 am »

I installed DF from scratch and ran the bat file as I was supposed to.
But when I started the game, my "dwarves" were actually "goblins".
Looks like you have duplicated raw. Did the .bat installed correctly or was there some errors? Do you have any other mods installed?
EDIT: Try emptying your raw\objects folder before installing. I have hilariously included everything but as it turn out it's probably useful at times like this...

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 15, 2012, 03:01:45 am »

Time to dust this thread. I've done some testings and is very pleased to see the flies have succeed in making it nigh impossible to run a boozeless, mandate ignoring fort so I think I'd stop touching the happiness meter for a while. Still if you have ideas, feel free to send them. Next up I'd concentrate on some animal rework, especially savage and/or evil animals. I find the distinction between "exotic" and "common" animals arent all that great and would like to enlarge that so maybe I'd push them to a prehistoric age. King of the Dragon Pass have run away with this and it was pretty interesting:
Spoiler: war triceratops (click to show/hide)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 16, 2012, 09:34:12 am »

How can i tell if this mod is installed correctly?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 16, 2012, 09:48:52 am »

How can i tell if this mod is installed correctly?
1) Delete your "error.log" file in your dwarf fortress folder if you have one.
2) Boot up dwarf fortress, go to object testing arena
3) check the unit list, if abaddon is up there (it'd most likely be the top creature), then congratulation, IM was installed.
4) Check if "error.log" was recreated. If it's there, then IM was not installed correctly. Open said file and see what it bitch about. Otherwise, you are good to go.

... Or you can just play and if you think the game is now reeeaaalllly f***ed up then it's probably installed correctly.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 10:15:59 am by rephikul »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22