Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: Intensifying Mod ver 0.23  (Read 65175 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.19
« Reply #255 on: December 29, 2011, 10:25:35 pm »

Code: [Select]
kobolds send thieves earlier.
How did you do this ? Anything to do with:    
        [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:3]

Less for more
There are many types in the games that are functionally identical barring name. Stratergic removal of most these duplicates noticeably improve FPS. Thus, a great deal of less interesting gems, metals, alloys, stones, soils, crafts, plants, creatures, vermins and body parts have been removed. They wont be missed. As a side effect, the game seem to gain some FPS with less object types to be tracked.

Tallow removed. All reactions which supposedly use tallow now use fat directly.
Pig iron removed. Iron can be smelted into steel directly.

This sounds, as you know, like something I am currently working on for my mod. Would you grant me to use some of the ideas ? I already revamped clothing and leather in my mod, but not as many things as you seem to have done.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #256 on: December 29, 2011, 10:26:01 pm »

You take the "mineshaft" idea from my Mod but not the "quarry" :P
PS:
You didn't even post a link to my Mod :P lol

:p I never said I came up with it :D

I was more concerned you made a mention of my mod and no link lol, ah it don't matter mine isn't that popular anyways. More of a personal mod that I'm sharing with the community lol

And yes making it at least "dangerous" at the same time is good, "The Master" wanted me to add a "cave in" effect that appears at random (not a real cave-in, just a syndrome rock that mimics the effect) but I never got around to it.

Which is basically yes, if the PROGRESS_TRIGGER_(reason) is at 1 that means they show up pretty much after the first year.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 10:29:11 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 29, 2011, 10:32:30 pm »

I'm certain that's the case. I've tweaked these triggers and kobolds seem to uniformly show up with the first caravan.

This sounds, as you know, like something I am currently working on for my mod. Would you grant me to use some of the ideas ? I already revamped clothing and leather in my mod, but not as many things as you seem to have done.
Feel free to do so.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 30, 2011, 09:38:38 am »

Download at the depot

Version .20 was released.

+ The kitchen is now a possible place to seek for treasures.
+ Adjusted pet availability. Some exotic creatures can only be utilized by the elves.
+ Many creatures are now more aggressive.
+ Doubled herbalism yield to encourage the activity.
+ Added plant specific brewing / milling reactions
+ Fixed abaddon being deadly
+ Adjusted tone generation reactions to never use valuable stones regardless of whether they are set to be non-economic.
+ Slightly adjusted stone occurence likelihood and disparity between graphics sets.
+ Removed the blood cleaning option. DFHack work better
+ Remove sugarcane billet reaction. It's no longer neccesary after the farming skill change.
+ Allowed training of bone crafting due to the bug causing the crafter workshop ALWAYS get cluttered with bones, greatly slowing down production rate.
+ Fixed an issue with masonry still trainable
+ Training Stick / sheet are combined into a single "training gears" item
+ Moldy stone value increased ten fold.

== The mysterious dwarven kitchen ==
These items can be found in the sinks: marble (15%), bauxite (15%), kimberlite (10%), obsidian (10%), coal (10%), lignite (10%), native copper (5%), malachite (5%), cassiterite (5%), bismuthinite(3%), hermatite (3%), morion (5%), rose quartz (3%) and prase opal (1%). Averaging 1 item can be found per attempt.

Mining kits can be gathered at the kitchen: 1 pick, 1 bag, 1 bone helm, 1 leather armor and 1 pairs of trousers. Digging up the kitchen sink has a 25% chance to ruin the kit and requires 1 extra log to construct supports. These values are just rough estimates and I'm open for suggestions.

== Moldy stone value increased tenfold ==
So people wont stock up 200 years worth of them on embark.

== Rage-worthy wildlifes ==
Many creatures are now prone to rage and many creatures are now elf-import only. Lions and tigers shouldnt run away from battles and only the ever elusive elves know their way around these giant felines.

== Other rants ==
A mostly bugfix release. This should curb down quite some issues and spice up some other options. I'd test elf's affinity with meat later and THEN maybe take a second look into the new official features since 31.19.

Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.20
« Reply #259 on: December 30, 2011, 12:19:49 pm »

Downloaded and tested a bit :) Mostly to see the new mineral/stone setup, used dfhack:reveal. looks great.

I also found a bug while arenatesting: Your Hellfireimps seem to burn themselves to death instanteniously. And the Amethyst man shoots microcline that leaves little globs lying around, like broken arrows, but under "k" it reveals nothing. Globs that land a z-level deeper (like arrows that do not get destroyed) are shown as blue colored liquid and are named microcline. Dont know if that is fixable though.

Nice work :) I'm impressed how short the whole mineral output of the prospector is...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 30, 2011, 03:42:06 pm »

+ Allowed training of bone crafting due to the bug causing the crafter workshop ALWAYS get cluttered with bones, greatly slowing down production rate.
Aww... I thought this was intended feature to encourage large bone carving facilities rather than use single workshop.
So, after a hundred trips to mushroom kingdom we get roughly 25 broken picks worth 2 metal bars each and something like 5 copper, 7 bronze, 6 bismuth, and 3 iron bars? Even if reaction purpose is obtaining simple stone, thats somewhat like 50 rocks at the cost of 39 bars, not to mention all that wood. And I still don't get it, why would one need a pick or build supports when going down a pipe  :)

As for this:
You are always quick at spotting my gimmicks. You should spare some for other to figure out themselves
I didn't spoil anything, hordes of animals are/were at the feature list (remember the buzzard swarm from old header pic), and about the seeds, it looked more like an inconvenient mistake to me rather than a challenge.

edit: And could you please teach your installer to crawl one level up, I'm somewhat uncomfortable about mixing df guts with mod's intestines, I'd rather drop single folder there.

editedit: rocks still cost 1 at the embark screen.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 06:13:39 pm by Di »
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 30, 2011, 04:11:25 pm »

You should have a danger to braving the kitchen sink, like getting mangled in the garbage disposal which causes alot of bleeding and pain.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 30, 2011, 05:50:07 pm »

Or somehow having plague-infested rats crawl out and infect your dwarves with a horrible, disfiguring, painful disease.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 30, 2011, 08:47:46 pm »

I also found a bug while arenatesting: Your Hellfireimps seem to burn themselves to death instanteniously. And the Amethyst man shoots microcline that leaves little globs lying around, like broken arrows, but under "k" it reveals nothing. Globs that land a z-level deeper (like arrows that do not get destroyed) are shown as blue colored liquid and are named microcline. Dont know if that is fixable though.
I'd fix the imp... next week. For now, enjoy the free loots. The amethyst man thing is a feature that I cannot change.

Aww... I thought this was intended feature to encourage large bone carving facilities rather than use single workshop.
Not when you can be 10 times as effective with other activities. The training rate for now is set at 10% and you never have matching immigrants though, so it'd still take forever to get someone to a decent rate.
So, after a hundred trips to mushroom kingdom we get roughly 25 broken picks worth 2 metal bars each and something like 5 copper, 7 bronze, 6 bismuth, and 3 iron bars? Even if reaction purpose is obtaining simple stone, thats somewhat like 50 rocks at the cost of 39 bars, not to mention all that wood. And I still don't get it, why would one need a pick or build supports when going down a pipe  :)
On average, you'd get 12 bismuth bronze bars, 3 bronze bar, 2 tin bar, 1 bismuth bar and 3 iron steel bars at the cost of 50 (copper) bars. A very good deal. Everything else are just fluffs. Unless you happen to have a military commander who like morion or something. And there's no pipe. You are digging a new one.

I didn't spoil anything, hordes of animals are/were at the feature list (remember the buzzard swarm from old header pic), and about the seeds, it looked more like an inconvenient mistake to me rather than a challenge.
Ah, I was just commenting on how you can quickly notice problematic hooks in the features. I know people who doesnt know the blunt end of their picks, follow with it anyway and eventually get smashed in the face.

edit: And could you please teach your installer to crawl one level up, I'm somewhat uncomfortable about mixing df guts with mod's intestines, I'd rather drop single folder there.
Very sounds. I'd try this.

editedit: rocks still cost 1 at the embark screen.
Wierd, I just checked and they appear as 10 to me. Which graphics set are you using?

You should have a danger to braving the kitchen sink, like getting mangled in the garbage disposal which causes alot of bleeding and pain.
I'd the day I can spawn vapor or creatures directly from reactions.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 30, 2011, 09:06:06 pm »

Have a chance to spawn a rock that boils at room temp. Of course gas has some kind of "chance to inhale" going on. But we can pretend his clothes or bone helm took the blunt of the force and he got away unscathed (untill the next "Oops hit the garbage disposal switch") the syndrome would have to target skin, muscle, and fat.

And you can spawn vermin that have the biter tag thing. but they would be in the building until it was deconstructed, and while they are there any trapper with a free cage will be there in a heartbeat
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 09:07:40 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 30, 2011, 09:10:34 pm »

Have a chance to spawn a rock that boils at room temp.
Been there done that. Doesnt work with [TEMPERATURE:NO]

And you can spawn vermin that have the biter tag thing. but they would be in the building until it was deconstructed, and while they are there any trapper with a free cage will be there in a heartbeat
Also no vermins allowed.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 31, 2011, 09:09:05 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

No horrible plagues. D: That makes me disa-wait....how about making trips there discover a mysterious plump helmet-like plant? Then, attempting to drink them as beer would kill you by horrifically rotting out your innards and making your brain bleed.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 07, 2012, 09:49:47 am »

No release this week... cause I have been having too much fun with my no booze no farm no herbalism no mandate fort. And I manage to push only 2 seasons a day cause I micro too much.

So I'd share a few stories
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She's my lovely military commander. She has never had a drink. She has never had any of her mandates carried out. She has taken part in many defensive operations, witnessing many death. She's happy. So I guess the game is still very lax in that regard.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And since no mandates have ever been carried out, there's always someone sentenced but not so much. At most I've seen only 2 guys in the prison couple times. I even disobeyed the bans on silver and steel export once and still saw only a total of 21 days imprisonment. Thus I'm still cetain that it's unneccesary to reduce the amount of mandates held by the military leader and the chief medical dwarf.

Other stuff:
 + The abaddon an the phoenix have been acting like retards and I blame the AI not reading their building destroyer tags correctly.
 + I've noticed can_speak pets now can be butchered for whatever reasons. I have been using it to allow war pets to eat and prevent dwarves from eating them. Not sure what toady has been up to.
 + I think I'd set a few reactions to be automatic. Auto smelt ores, for example. If you dont like the idea, shout.
 + I like the raging elephants alot (they killed like 25 dwarves so far, out of 30 deaths total) so I'd set raging attributes to all evil creatures. I personally never play on evil biomes cause I hate masma from zombies in the cavern so if you want to comment on this, please do so.
 + I think the description for many creature are abit lacking, It'd be nice if they can be as long as a paragraph with decent background flavour. If you know any about this, kindly give me some pointers.

And finally, as a bonus, HERE is my fort. Ya I know, I always build it like that...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 09:59:51 am by rephikul »

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 07, 2012, 06:47:23 pm »

"She isn't given to flights of fancy." Hahaha.

I don't play your mod much (mostly just a lack of spare time lately and I'm not super in to the "less is more" things) but it's taught me a bit. I didn't know about the trick for getting invaders to wear full armor until seeing it here, for example. I love the "kitchen sink," too, even if it's kind of silly.

Personally, I wouldn't like auto-smelting ores very much - I can see it causing some headaches with fuel usage and it's not much trouble to set them to repeat anyway. Still, it's your mod, and it's just one token to change if someone doesn't like it. More angry wildlife sounds great, though.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 09, 2012, 06:05:19 pm »

Hey, come on!  :P Why must you set the default installation data folder to "IM data", forcing me to delve into a new (or, forgotten) file format?
Are you trying to... educate me?  ;D
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22