Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Most awkward/hilarious sex scenes in books  (Read 14110 times)

Stormrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Most awkward/hilarious sex scenes in books
« on: November 17, 2010, 11:50:54 am »

I've recently read Cryptonomicon and just couldn't get THAT scene out of my head for a strange reason. I won't quote it here and spoil some people 900 or something pages of getting there, but I would like to start a thread to find the contender to the spot mentioned in the title.

Also, speaking of Cryptonomicon, there are many other hilarious sex-related themes in Cryptonomicon which are equally hilarious, but not as awkward as the cryptically aforementioned scene, which some people dislike because of their length and no apparent relation to the plot, but they, and other semi-plot related multiple page spanning bonuses, are what made the book for me.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Most awkward/hilarious sex scenes in books
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 12:02:42 pm »

Open any Stephen King book. I kinda lost steam at the first book, but Dark Tower 1 had an odd one involving a ghost oracle spirit thing.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 12:05:06 pm »

The sex scene in IT is pretty uncomfortable.
Shoes...

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 12:12:47 pm »

My grandpa collects a long-running series of Western serial novels called "Jake Slocum". There is one sex scene in every book.

And yeah, the one I read included the obvious pun.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 02:02:08 pm »

My grandpa collects a long-running series of Western serial novels called "Jake Slocum". There is one sex scene in every book.

And yeah, the one I read included the obvious pun.

Must be awkward.

Anything in Imajica is just "LULWAT". Some guy starts porking a man-like (not human, I mean like male-looking) alien thing that has a swirling vortex for a vagina and that's just the start of it. Lobstermen made of lobsterhands that rape small children, a pig-guy raping the aforementioned alien thing, two people having sex and imagining eating each other during the process...

The list just goes on and on.
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 02:23:17 pm »

90% of Piers Anthony has awkward sex or sex-related conversation. I still love him for his Adept and Incarnations of Immortality series, not to mention Tarot.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 03:45:11 pm »

That's the one with the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
right?
fuckin' gross

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 03:49:56 pm »

Pretty uncomfortable? That was the only time I've ever taken a double take while reading to make sure my mind didn't just make somthing horrible up over the past two pages.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 04:06:39 pm »

I was pretty discomfited by the scene in Winter's Tale where the dude seems to, er, thrust his way through multiple layers of clothing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 04:08:26 pm »

Song of Ice and Fire series, I forget which book but it's one of the first two.

The scene with the soldiers in the inn... pretty messed up
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 04:12:00 pm »

I was........uncomfortible, to put it lightly, with a scene from a book called "Warlock", its set in ancient egypt. Long story short, egypt currently devided into two kingdoms, two asshole cousins work their ways ento positions of power on each side then have their kings killed and themselves positioned as Regents. One marries both the King's daughters, one 16 and one like 12. The other marries the other King's daughter, like 14. Both the 12 year old and the 14 year old get very disturbing scenes, the 12 year old is worse, at the end of the book and she dies from it, and her sister is the one who does it.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2010, 04:24:00 pm »

I can't even remember the name of it, but there was this odd horror scifi novel that my friend recommended to me that featured a dwarfish midget main character and halfway through the book, out of no where, while avoiding human-collecting aliens and being frozen/being placed on meat hooks, the main character just hooks up with a prostitute on the spaceship.

And then there was the oral reading of choice bits of Stranger in a Strange Land in class. lolllllll

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 04:27:32 pm »

I was pretty discomfited by the scene in Winter's Tale where the dude seems to, er, thrust his way through multiple layers of clothing.
...Ambiguity caused by bad writing, or just...?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 04:30:23 pm »

Ohh, and I forgot to mention Mendel's Dwarf.  That is so full of awkward masturbation and sex scenes... it was really disgusting, because the author just couldn't stop reminding us that the "only regular-sized part of Benedict was his penis."  Plus, the adoration of the words "nacreous" and "tumescence."

Just... yergh.

...Ambiguity caused by bad writing, or just...?

No, the book was actually really good.  It was just that one part where he apparently rips through his pants and her dress in his passion, and then there's some more lurid descriptions of how this sex act was so different from all others in its intensity and heat blah blah blah.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 04:53:08 pm »

Open any Stephen King book.

This.
Thankfully most writers have the decency to not go into detail, when they include such scenes in their books.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5