Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Okay, now that's a weird prediction.  (Read 1825 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Okay, now that's a weird prediction.
« on: November 16, 2010, 11:04:45 pm »

Last Friday I got this weird earthquake sense.  Like, we were going to get one soon.  So I told a friend, IM'd some folks.  I didn't know what criteria to use, so I just said "western WA, next week, 4.0 or higher".

And it happened this morning!  http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Quakes/uw11161551.php

Third-biggest earthquake within 200km of me, in the last ten years.  It's not even on that last chart yet.  http://neic.usgs.gov/cgi-bin/epic/epic.cgi?SEARCHMETHOD=3&FILEFORMAT=4&SEARCHRANGE=HH&CLAT=47.66944&CLON=122.1238&CRAD=200&SYEAR=2000&SMONTH=&SDAY=&EYEAR=2010&EMONTH=&EDAY=&LMAG=4.0&UMAG=&NDEP1=&NDEP2=&IO1=&IO2=&SLAT2=0.0&SLAT1=0.0&SLON2=0.0&SLON1=0.0&SUBMIT=Submit+Search

...I get them with weather, too.  I used to think I could actually play with the weather a bit, but it's most likely it's just I'm good at predicting them.  Still, I was trying to play with the weather in Portland, OR just before it got its biggest lightning storm on record...and a couple years later when I was in the zoo down there, I got this sudden weird craving for a sno-cone, and as soon as I got to the sno-cone stand GIANT HAILSTORM OUT OF NOWHERE.  The sno-cone people hid under the tarp (which fell over).  I held a sno-cone cup to the sky.  It was tasty.  :x

What the eff.  I don't get it.  This is really cool, and I've been practicing it, but it denies all logic and reason.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Okay, now that's a weird prediction.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 11:05:48 pm »

Dude, start making demands and ransoming the worlds food supply.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 11:06:20 pm »

You can't predict the future.  It's impossible.

The obvious answer is that reality bends to accommodate your assertions.  Use your powers for good, not evil.
Shoes...

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 11:06:56 pm »

Use your powers to turn good into evil.

And then do good.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 11:08:43 pm »

Yeah see, what I didn't know when I was trying to call down the lightning storm, was that we were picking up a friend from the airport that night.  After a rather fun drive of hydroplaning (and pagan roommate frantically trying...stuff...to make it go away), we arrived at the parking garage and...the lights went out.  Yeah the airport lost power.  And our friend said "You would not believe what happened as we were coming in, the pilot said 'We are now coming in for a landing and OH SHIT' just as a bolt of lightning streaked past the plane"

Dude, my life is AWESOME.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 11:09:15 pm »

marry x2yzh3. He predicted something too, in other thread.

Then you can have ultra-predictor children, and use them to tell the lottery numbers and stuff
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 11:10:01 pm »

Legalize gay marriage.

Then marry x2yzh3.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 11:13:25 pm »

Legalize gay marriage?  How am I supposed to use my hypothetical powers for THAT?  Hit Fred Phelps with a bolt of lightning or something?

Honey, if I could hit things with lightning on purpose, I'd become a rock star instead.  Best shows ever.

...Shit.  I was planning on trying that anyway, I was taking guitar lessons and planning to rock out at a little secret...thing...in the Californian wilderness on December 21st 2012.  You know, just to thumb my nose at the world for kicks.  WHY IS MY LIFE SO AWESOME

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 11:14:48 pm »

I AM LITERALLY TEARING MY CLOTHS OFF AT THE THOUGHT OF YOUR UTTER AWESOMENESS.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 11:22:47 pm »

I think we all know what needs to happen here. Make it rain magma and gold from the skies. Not lava, magma. How you make that possible is up to you, oh dear reality bender.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 11:24:00 pm »

Presumable he would rain down lava until it solidifies into a heaven tube of obsidian, then rain down magma from inside that.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 11:24:35 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 01:51:57 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 11:24:46 pm »

Shit guys do not tempt me into something volcanic, this won't be pretty for anyone.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 11:25:39 pm »

I think we all know what needs to happen here. Make it rain magma and gold from the skies. Not lava, magma. How you make that possible is up to you, oh dear reality bender.
Strike any who would dare correct your mistake from reality.
Shit guys do not tempt me into something volcanic, this won't be pretty for anyone.
It'll be pretty for me.....

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 11:25:50 pm »

I love how:

One guy does it: We deride him with scorn.
Another guy does it: We joke around and have fun.
Pages: [1] 2 3