Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210858 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was actually coming in here to ask about clans too; any suggestions? I really want a clan (admittedly, I have no friends on WoT, and I really want a sexy tag) but don't know where to look. Either clans are requiring vent (Which is a no go) or you need to be members of the community, which I am not and don't have the time to be.

I really would appreciate someone donating a few dollars to the Bay 12 Clan cause, [BAY] sounds like a very sexy tag. Plus, I get to talk to some of you on here.

As for how I am in WoT right now: SU-100, T-43, KV3, Pz3, M2 Med, M37 Arty. No premium (Yet).

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wouldn't [Bay12] be a better tag?

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dont think you can have a tag that big, but if so, yes, that would be best.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dont think you can have a tag that big, but if so, yes, that would be best.
I think I have seen 5 character long tags, can't quiet remember now :P

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, apparently WoT keeps track of a LOT of statistics that the website/game doesn't show you. For instance:

Most Killed Tanks: KV (95), Pz3 (93), Pz4 (79)

Total Playing Time: 143h, 54m, 51s

Most Played Tank: SU-85 (30h, 25m, 17s)

Most Killed Tank While in SU-85: Hetzer

To find out this stuff, there is a russian site (Google Translated to make it english. You can make out what it says) that takes your dossiercache file (Should be something like AOAAOI32CDI97CN) and extracts info from it. It doesnt contain your password.

http://translate.google.ru/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwot.ctocopok.ru%2Fload_cache.php

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Clan wars are interesting.
Especially since it just puts two clans and the tanks they chose against each other.
So you can end up with Is-3s and Ferdinands against T-28s and Marauder IIs.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile

Always get bored of this game after a few weeks or such of playing.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I'm slowly growing tired of it too, luckily i throw a few company battles with my clan every now and again so thats fun, random battles are infuriating a good deal of the time, one of the reasons i stopped playing arty, too dependant on your team, american TD's are coming soon, so i guess i'm looking forward to that, atleast the turreted ones, they seem very fun, and the T9 monstrosity will certainly be interesting with it's 300 mm of armor and 13 km/h max speed.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got tired of it a while ago as well, but I got back into it not long ago, I play a few games a day and let it rest. I don't force myself to do more than that. I'm currently working my t-28 up to a KV... such a terrible grind, I hate the t-28. If the KV is anything like it, I'm probably just going to drop back down to a bt-2 or 7 and have fun with those and my Valentine.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

KV is a massive shift in play style from the earlier russian medium tanks. On the other hand, it sucks pretty hard until you get the 155mm or 103mm gun on it.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've NEVER played a heavy tank. Most I ever got up the ladder was the T-34 during the open beta. I hated it at first, but grew to like it somewhat. Still was annoyed at how fragile it was compared to earlier tiers. It was just that I was getting paired against heavier tanks than I ever had in the past. The tier before, 99% of the time, the worst I'd ever go up against was a KV, or one of the better medium tanks. With the T-34 I was starting to see IS's, which could usually one shot me, even from the front.

With the T-28 though, hell, EVERYTHING can kill me if it gets lucky. Even the silly little bt-7s. Now that I have the 57 mm ZIS on the t-28, it's a half way decent sniper, but a single lucky shot usually takes me out of the battle. Sometimes I get lucky, but usually not. Also, arty is my bane. It seems I'll usually get one shot off before "BOOM BOOM BOOM." I get hit by 3 or more arty or long distance TD shells all at once. The first usually tracking me, if it doesn't kill me outright.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Once you get kv, its incredibly fun. Especially since you become an unstoppable wall with ridiculous amounts of hp.
Yeah, the T-28 is terrible. You basically need to sit back with it, let the heavier tanks take the shots, and rush up at the last second to shoot thin

But once you get the KV, every tank you get from then on is decent, so its worth it to push through.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile

yea...kv is a pain to fight against, once a kv gets the 155mm cannon it can 1 shot a t1 heavy(the other tier 5 heavy tank)
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've actually done quite well with the T-28, especially with the last gun. I've even kept it and use it almost as often as the KV.

Tip by the way: They're going to revise the soviet tech tree sometime in the not to distant future, and that involves splitting the KV into a KV-1 and KV-2. That means that if you have a KV and have researched the KV-2 turret, the KV will become a KV-1, plus you'll receive a KV-2 with 100% crew and a free tank slot.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The KV is a great tank but it requires a lot of patience.You will probably hate it's speed and manouverability at first but once you get used to it it's not that bad.First thing you need to get on it is the 122 mm gun (can't remember if it needs tracks or not), after that you got tracks>both engines (don't buy the first, it only reduces the chance of a fire, and that isn't much)>KV-2 turret(don't buy it untill you have one of the guns)>whichever gun you prefer out of those two, i personally went for the 152 and used it to get the 107.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 251