Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: who's excited about the next release ( 31.18 )  (Read 3119 times)

Oxinabox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
who's excited about the next release ( 31.18 )
« on: November 13, 2010, 10:22:28 pm »

I'm pretty excited about the next release (after this one.)
I'm currently (barely) hanging on to my current 31.16,
just because I have a pretty good fortress going and, the world has a bit of history from the adbandoned/destoryed forts and the lost adventurers.
and I'm using the excuse of waiting for an even number release, so bugs will have been fixed. (haven't heard about too many in 31.17 though).

Still 31.18 sound likes awesomeness to come:

Quote from: Threetoe
11/13/2010
After another release to work out some of the issues with adventure mode, the caravans begin to roll. The peasants are free from their hovels, tilling the fields and tending to their pigs and chickens. Great walled towns import food and goods from all over the world. You will be able to run one of these caravans, buying and selling across land, guided by the law of supply and demand. Not only that, you can do it on a horse.

One of the most exciting things about this next arc is that fortress mode and adventure mode will be bound together more than ever before. The dwarves will be forced to deal with the economic situation of the outside world, and adventurers will be able to experience the vast amount of dwarven goods your fortresses dump onto the market. It should be much fun.

By the ound of this we're either going to be able to  run a fortress concurrently with an adventurer, or instead of abandoning, "Hand over to self governance")
How else would we see the emense amount of dwarvengoods we are "dumping on to the market"

Hopefully tro tie in with the global economy we'll see a rebirth of the local economy again. (with fixes so that if the average bedroom is royal, then peasents can affort to live like kings)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: who's excited about the next release ( 31.18 )
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 10:51:15 pm »

My excitement depends solely on whether danger rooms work again.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 02:27:57 am »

I'm excited by every new release. Dohoho.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 02:43:20 am »

Alright. Megaproject brainstorming time.

There's always the "Kit-n-Kaboodle" dwarven cat-based goods trade. Be careful, because catsplosions can crash markets.

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 03:19:14 am »

I want to flood the elven market with knock-off training weapons.

Yes! Non-ecologically friendly wood products! May contain pitchblende
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 04:17:27 am »

Wait... they don't?
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 04:21:54 am »

I'm pretty excited about the next release (after this one.)
I'm currently (barely) hanging on to my current 31.16,
just because I have a pretty good fortress going and, the world has a bit of history from the adbandoned/destoryed forts and the lost adventurers.
and I'm using the excuse of waiting for an even number release, so bugs will have been fixed. (haven't heard about too many in 31.17 though).

Still 31.18 sound likes awesomeness to come:

Quote from: Threetoe
11/13/2010
After another release to work out some of the issues with adventure mode, the caravans begin to roll. The peasants are free from their hovels, tilling the fields and tending to their pigs and chickens. Great walled towns import food and goods from all over the world. You will be able to run one of these caravans, buying and selling across land, guided by the law of supply and demand. Not only that, you can do it on a horse.

One of the most exciting things about this next arc is that fortress mode and adventure mode will be bound together more than ever before. The dwarves will be forced to deal with the economic situation of the outside world, and adventurers will be able to experience the vast amount of dwarven goods your fortresses dump onto the market. It should be much fun.

By the ound of this we're either going to be able to  run a fortress concurrently with an adventurer, or instead of abandoning, "Hand over to self governance")
How else would we see the emense amount of dwarvengoods we are "dumping on to the market"

Hopefully tro tie in with the global economy we'll see a rebirth of the local economy again. (with fixes so that if the average bedroom is royal, then peasents can affort to live like kings)

31.18 is bugfixes. The version after that has the new content.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 05:51:21 am »

The best way to crash the market would be to export high quality adamantine items at a low price, don't you think? The inflation would go through the roof.
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 06:38:16 am »

Wait... they don't?
Upright spikes crash the game.

And I am eagerly awaiting for 0.31.18 because I hope that it will fix the crashes in the mods.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

hagbard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 07:17:13 am »

Upright spikes crash the game.
Not only upright spikes, but all weapon traps are crashing the game.

I am eagerly awaiting .18 too, because  .17 is unusable because of frequent and inevitable segfaults.
Unfortunately I loaded my .16 fort (has lots of weapon traps) with .17, and now I can't load the save with .16 any more.

.17 got a lot of new stuff, but I think it would be better if Toady would give bugfixing priority over adding new stuff for a while.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 07:40:34 am »

He's devoting an entire release to bugfixing.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lord Vetinari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 08:10:13 am »

I'm eagerly waiting for some new economical/social stuff as I'm more a manager kind of player. I'm not really interested in the military aspect of the game, so .19 or whatever will be is the release that I'm waiting most. Actually, I'm skipping .17 entirely.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 08:31:27 am by Lord Vetinari »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 08:19:04 am »

This game gets awesomier with every release, thus I'm always excitedly waiting for a new one.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 08:31:13 am »

Yea my fort crashes the game 5 seconds after the save is loaded. I presume it's because a hidden enemy, be it an ambush or a snatcher, is triggering my weapon traps. Hopefully it will work in .18.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 09:09:10 am »

I've got lots of lag in this new one. I'm not sure what is causing it, it could be something my computer recently ate, or the new version. I no longer have a DVD rom drive, them costing more than I can scrape up unemployed, so I am hoping it is something that 31.18 fixes. If not, it takes me forever to do anything.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!
Pages: [1] 2