Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1126 1127 [1128] 1129 1130 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369862 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16905 on: April 16, 2016, 10:54:04 pm »

A single Mechnoid Scyther dropped on my little back power cave. I didn't think they'd be too much trouble, and I had someone back there already with a sniper rifle. As the others went to get set up near the doors to fire on him, the Mechnoid took a hit from my sniper. All seemed well, one dangerous foe isn't bad when you have 6 people with rifles... until he headshots my sniper with his first shot... They were one of my original three, and had been married just 3 days before. Now I have 1 person always depressed, and 3 more upset about the death of a friend. All this occurred just after a raid which killed my best farmer.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16906 on: April 17, 2016, 12:22:19 am »

I spotted an anti-tank mine during a large armor movement. Seeing the hazard it posed to friendly tanks and Sunderers, I ran over it and pressed '3' on my keyboard to take out my tool, and had already pulled the trigger right as I realized I had forgotten I had changed out of Engineer and into Heavy Assault.

Instead of disarming the mine with my repair tool, I shot it with a rocket launcher. At touch range.

That's just thinking outside the box!   ...As in they didn't send you home to your family in a box.  They probably used a water bottle.... or a soup can.

At least you still helped your team though.   Last time I had a loadout malfunction I was spawning to a friendly sunderer that had a tank around it on the map.  I planned to spawn, whip out my repair tool and fix it up all in one instant.

Instead it seems the 3 key didn't register somehow, so I spawned, whipped around, shot the friendly sunderer I just used as a spawn point with an Archer Anti-materiel rifle, it blew up in my face, and then the tutorial lady told me what "greif points" are.

Planetside 2 (To be fair though if it was low enough hp that a single archer bullet would kill it, it was probably done for anyway)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 12:24:40 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16907 on: April 17, 2016, 09:05:34 am »

Went in to kill a boss with a single flask of Estus left. Had plenty of other healing, but none of it on the quickbar. Figured the phantoms would keep her busy while I heal. Then the bitch summoned Velstadt made out of green goo, he promptly smashed all my hp out of me.
I suspect there might be a bonfire somewhere nearby tho, so I can handily avoid all those drakeblood knight assholes.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16908 on: April 18, 2016, 02:22:22 am »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16909 on: April 18, 2016, 03:25:52 am »

I might have eaten a rocket. Or two. To the face. And a shotgun blast.

And I did some dumb bullshit for Liara, and she still won't join my ME1 reunion tour mission to save the galaxy.

Also, I'm pretty sure I was unable to recruit Kaidan because:

Mass Effect 2.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16910 on: April 18, 2016, 04:18:56 am »

If it makes you feel better, you cannot recruit your LI form ME1 in ME2 whether it's Kaiden, Ashley, or Liara. They're always going to go 'Cerberus nuuuu'. A DLC does allow you to run with Liara for a few missions, but that's about it.

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16911 on: April 18, 2016, 04:24:55 am »

War thunder. The Yak-1 is overkill for a T1 plane, one cannon and two MGs for a BR of 2.something. You're regularly facing biplanes who have two 7mm guns.
The LaGG-3 is similar in that it has a BR of 1.3, which means 90% of the time you're facing biplanes at ground level. If you go up, the bombers that seemed unkillable with four 7mm guns (firing for minutes on end) die in a few 20mm cannon rounds.
Sniping biplanes with the 20mm is also great.

But yeah. I died mainly to other Yaks and LaGGs. One time I faced a hurricane who had four cannons and I noped out using the parachute after losing my wing.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16912 on: April 18, 2016, 01:05:46 pm »

If it makes you feel better, you cannot recruit your LI form ME1 in ME2 whether it's Kaiden, Ashley, or Liara. They're always going to go 'Cerberus nuuuu'. A DLC does allow you to run with Liara for a few missions, but that's about it.

Well, of all the people that I will be unable to recruit, at least it's the crybaby biotic, the insanely xenophobic sergeant, and the person that I had for all of ten minutes before the endgame and never got to know. :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16913 on: April 18, 2016, 07:53:26 pm »

In Virmire I
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16914 on: April 18, 2016, 08:01:59 pm »

We'll bang, okay?
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16915 on: April 18, 2016, 08:22:39 pm »

Attacked by a survivor with a knife spear. First hit took a token amount of hp off my torso. Next turn, the game lags... then I'm dead.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16916 on: April 18, 2016, 08:26:44 pm »

CONSECUTIVE NORMAL STABS
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16917 on: April 18, 2016, 09:16:30 pm »

Attacked by a survivor with a knife spear. First hit took a token amount of hp off my torso. Next turn, the game lags... then I'm dead.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE KNIFE SPEAR
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16918 on: April 19, 2016, 01:15:52 pm »

I married Lissa, primarily because I had accidentally raised my support level with Tharja to A and I really really wanted to get away from her. I didn't know that this would cause Morgan to start out as a healer. Completely unable to defend herself. Surrounded by enemies. On the opposite side of a cliff.

I didn't realize this at first, and she died on the first turn. Okay, what the fuck, I told myself. After 5 minutes of staring at the preparation screen I attempted to pull a trick where I would use Cordelia and Sumia to carry Lon'qu and Chrom to the other side of the cliff and protect her, but I couldn't move people in such a way that they could get all the way across the gap and position themselves just right to be able to wall the enemies away from her. I kept trying and trying in the hopes that the enemies would attack one of my units instead of charging straight into her, but it didn't work. On the hundredth try, Morgan was finally able to dodge one of the attacks and then activate Miracle on the second attack in order to not die.

She still died 99 times before she was able to live, so it goes here.

Fire Emblem Awakening.

FAKE EDIT: Also, I'm going to buy FE Fates: Conquest. I've heard it's wicked hard, so I decided to rise to the challenge, but I'm still going to preemptively mention it here.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #16919 on: April 19, 2016, 01:36:27 pm »

I was starving and then an iguana ate me as I chowed down on pizza.

Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 1126 1127 [1128] 1129 1130 ... 1574