Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373083 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #6960 on: October 05, 2012, 11:15:21 am »

Dug a few feet down, and sudden asploded. This happened more than once.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ghosts. Goddamned, paralyzing ghosts, and my silly lack of a Free Action spell.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6961 on: October 05, 2012, 01:23:29 pm »

Fuck, I forgot about ghosts and dying of old age. There goes a promising dwarven wizard...

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6962 on: October 05, 2012, 01:27:50 pm »

I got that game as one of those Total War deals that pop up from time to time. I should probably give it a shot one day :P

If your computer can run it even moderately well, I would sincerely reccommend it. Then again, I've played every Total War game, starting with Shogun Total War, right up to Napoleon, Empire, and Medieval 2. I'm going to get Rome TW 2 the instant it comes out, if it hasn't already. I love these games.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: October 05, 2012, 01:55:12 pm »

I was laid on a forested slope opposite an airfield with the rest of Bravo squad, there were six of us, used to be 7 but one got gunned down by a tank's MG. The one who brought along a rocket launcher had finally managed to get the range of the tank from someone, and blew it up. A bunch of their crew bailed and we opened fire. Almost as soon as they did, there was only me left and a couple other guys.

One called for our pilot to fly over some medical supplies seeing as our squad mate was hit to the point of being incapable of anything beyond crawling along the ground. The pilot had half of Delta squad who'd just got back from finally blowing up the factory (the map was really awkward about where the explosion had to be. I'm sure we must have blown up enough C4 on that thing to launch a small car into space), and they came to back us up. We continued firing into the ~9 guys prone around the destroyed tank. They looked to be mostly dead, and the medics were treating the minor wounds. I was fine because of luck and cover, so I kept a lookout for any approaching enemies. I saw one guy who was skirting around a nearby building and opened fire. He went down, but the shots must have been audible on the airfield because a tank was rolling along the runway, turned to face us, and started firing into the trees where we were. It was about a kilometer away so none hit anyone as far as I could tell, but they were still dangerously close and explosive.

I shifted myself behind a tree in the hopes that it would lose line of sight on everyone and stop, and just then I heard the crack of a single rifle shot, and then I dropped down dead. No bleeding out or anything, so it must have been an extremely lucky body-shot or a headshot. Looking back on it, it was almost certainly the last guy I thought I'd downed earlier. He must have dropped and had all of the shot miss anything vital, leaving him with enough ability to instantly kill me as soon as he could see me again.

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6964 on: October 05, 2012, 06:17:19 pm »

I had blazed my way through Super Mutants and Giant Radscorpions with my trusty Combat Shotgun. All was well. I had uncovered a few new locations, and then proceeded along one of those elevated highways. In the midst of a rather uneventful journey, I notice the distinctive red blip of an enemy. I walked towards it, because I'm bored, and want to kill something. The blip disappears. I turn around. The blip is there. It takes me a while to figure it out, but I eventually realized that the enemy was below the highway, on an island in the river it was passing over. I hop down through a hole, thinking 'I have 360 hitpoints. I should be fine.'

*THUD*
LOLNOPE.

At least I managed to take a shot at the Mirelurk Hunter that was down there before I hit the ground.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: October 05, 2012, 08:25:06 pm »

I got that game as one of those Total War deals that pop up from time to time. I should probably give it a shot one day :P

If your computer can run it even moderately well, I would sincerely reccommend it. Then again, I've played every Total War game, starting with Shogun Total War, right up to Napoleon, Empire, and Medieval 2. I'm going to get Rome TW 2 the instant it comes out, if it hasn't already. I love these games.
We recently upgraded the family computer, actually. I installed it today while I was at school :P

And my first "death" already! Playing the second part of the Road to Independence campaign. I have taken Quebec and am moving on Montreal from two sides. Suddenly, a massive Huron force moves in on one of my armies. I notice that I'm fairly  outnumbered, but I decide to fight anyway.

On my side: Four colonial soldiers, three rangers, and two colonial militia.
On their side: Boatloads of warrior musketmen. Probably at least thirteen units, plus the General.

I place my units on a small hill. I arrange the soldiers in a semicircle at the base of the hill, with hidden rangers guarding the flanks and the militia covering the back. My cunning strategy is to allow the Native Americans to attempt to encircle my soldiers, which will get themselves ambushed by my rangers (who have yet to fail me) and hopefully make them break in panic. The militia will guard against any units (like the general on horseback) who manage to actually get around.

What I failed to account for was the fact that nearly the entire ground between us was considered cover (thus allowing to Huron warriors to move through much of it Hidden). Plus, the Huron weren't interested in falling for my fancy little ploys. They smashed directly into the front lines of my soldiers, causing them to break and flee from sheer firepower. I ended up moving my militia up to fill the ranks, all the while cursing my soldier's cowardice. The ranger ambush actually worked fairly well, each ranger killing a fair number of enemies before I told them to fall back. But there were so many of those dastardly foes that they simply marched forward and swamped my fleeing rangers.

And then the game crashed  :o

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: October 05, 2012, 10:44:23 pm »

Lol, I must be too pro at TW, because I took all the outlier provinces, then made an army and marched AROUND Montreal so I could go kill the Huron. I wiped them out, then went to the other town they had and sieged it. They sued for peace, offering a payment of 21000. Holy christ. Deal. Then I took out Montreal.

Also, today I was playing DF. Bandits. With crossbows.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: October 05, 2012, 10:47:10 pm »

Instant kill bugged npc, it shot arrows at me and killed me several times before I told it to die and gave up.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6968 on: October 06, 2012, 01:25:41 am »

Good gravy, I wish I could play Arma. :( Or Red Orchestra.

But anyways, my last death was... Hrm. Lemme think.

Pretty sure I botched an attempt to steal a cop car, (it's easy if you do it right) and ended up crashing into something, going flying out the front and faceplanting into a wall.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: October 06, 2012, 05:06:02 am »

Jumped off my airship because my friend jokingly said I should and didnt think I actually would

((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6970 on: October 06, 2012, 06:10:28 am »

I forgot that Solberg's Tower entrance is trapped.

With demons.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: October 06, 2012, 07:01:44 am »

"IM TARZAN HAHAHAHA FUCK YOU MON- OH SHIT" *spikes*

I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6972 on: October 06, 2012, 09:31:41 am »

Fell into my own magma trap.  I ragequit and almost uninstalled the game...

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: October 06, 2012, 11:18:10 am »

Forgetting to feed once a month. Then running into a ghost.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6974 on: October 06, 2012, 11:32:52 am »

6 nosalises and a tripwire connected to explosives on the second hardest difficulty level. Need I say more?

Metro 2033

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 1575