Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 979 980 [981] 982 983 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369802 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14700 on: May 29, 2015, 07:17:44 pm »

On a purposeful joke run, after dropping all of my deudly firearms on the ground, I toked all the joints (and various other drugs) I had to make me STONED or something and died in a cathedral because I prayed wrong (and it was also on fire.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14701 on: May 30, 2015, 10:20:22 am »

Firewall all of a sudden decided WT should be blocked after running fine for almost a year.

War Thunder
This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14702 on: May 30, 2015, 05:46:06 pm »

Playing unturned, put my firearms on the floor so I can build things, go to the mainmenu for a moment, and when I come back they are all gone. Ah, why could I not have remembered that it removes items from the floors?

I think this counts as a death, because I am rather certain that someone who just lost a LMG, two different assault rifles, and a 8-shot shotgun in that sort of situation would have taken some objects to the head until they are dead.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14703 on: May 30, 2015, 05:59:23 pm »

A Vicar that transformed into some wolf/stag thing smashed me to bits. Multiple times.

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14704 on: May 30, 2015, 06:43:41 pm »

I think I remember that boss. Use fire damage, it's hella effective against beasts. Although why you'd want to kill something that looks so damn cool is beyond me... :P
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14705 on: May 31, 2015, 03:52:59 am »

In the KV-1 and I manage to nail an enemy heavy after having a bunch of bad matches but evidently the game didn't want me having fun so I got kicked from the match by an unknown error.

This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14706 on: May 31, 2015, 10:20:43 am »

I discovered that it's possible for "the dead are restless!" to occur in the Black Market. I tracked down Ash's grave, and carefully found a spot where I thought I could safely bomb without damaging any shops.

And then discovered that even throwing a bomb in the Black Market triggers every shopkeeper on the level, careful positioning be damned.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14707 on: May 31, 2015, 12:07:55 pm »

The living story's possible solo... though I agree some parts of it are tough. That bloody Teragriff boss still gives me nightmares.  :o

That said, are you on NA or EU? If you're on NA, I could lend a hand if you're still struggling.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14708 on: May 31, 2015, 12:12:57 pm »

I was riding a motorcycle through an abandoned town, throwing molotovs and looted military explosives at buildings and zombies when I rounded a corner and almost plowed into a parked car. I was going much too fast to stop and had to jump clear, forgetting that I had a live grenade in my hands at the time.

Cataclysm DDA.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14709 on: May 31, 2015, 02:47:43 pm »

Spotted enemy in time so everyone makes it to the fight

Outnumber the enemy, both in weaponthanes and fyrd.

Spend 5 points of magic.

Successfully sacrifice to humkat

Have half the fortifications built

Lose anyway, half my troops killed, enemy has a few wounded and zero deaths, tons of horses, cows and goods stolen.

King of dragon pass again. I seriously do not understand why this game is so highly rated and everyone seems to like it, it seems like pure 100% RNG every step of the way. I almost feel like they designed the game with savescumming as an intended game mechanic because it hardly seems to matter what you do, it's all decided by RNG.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14710 on: May 31, 2015, 03:01:01 pm »

I reloaded a game because I didn't get to kill a dragon. I was turning in quests in Solitude when a dragon appeared. The dragon landed in Castle Dour's courtyard, where it was quickly surrounded by 10+ guards. I didn't even find it until after it was dead. So aggravating >:(

Skyrim.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14711 on: May 31, 2015, 03:52:56 pm »

Spotted enemy in time so everyone makes it to the fight

Outnumber the enemy, both in weaponthanes and fyrd.

Spend 5 points of magic.

Successfully sacrifice to humkat

Have half the fortifications built

Lose anyway, half my troops killed, enemy has a few wounded and zero deaths, tons of horses, cows and goods stolen.

King of dragon pass again. I seriously do not understand why this game is so highly rated and everyone seems to like it, it seems like pure 100% RNG every step of the way. I almost feel like they designed the game with savescumming as an intended game mechanic because it hardly seems to matter what you do, it's all decided by RNG.
I think you are just being horribly unlucky. I've never had a run that bad. Keep in mind that the selected tactics matter. If you have a lot of weaponthanes and few hunters, you should just charge.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14712 on: May 31, 2015, 04:38:03 pm »

Maneuver is also good on defense.

Another thing to bear in mind is that sacrificing is sometimes worse than not sacrificing.  Sacrificing takes time which means if the enemy charges they can hit you before the sacrifice is finished, and Humakt's battle sacrifice only helps once the battle is joined, not in the pre-battle maneuvering.

I've found the key to winning battles in that game is two things: stacking advantages and making sure that anyone you're in a feud with is pathetically weak.  It sounds like you are doing that, but you could maybe do it more.  Get small shrines to war gods, put max magic into war every season (one point in war magic is equivalent to spending one magic in EVERY fight that year), make sure the thanes are happy, get war artifacts.  As for keeping your enemies weak... spend all the non-raiding seasons sacrificing for blessings from war gods and then raid the same clan four times in a single year.  Then next year Earthblast them repeatedly to ruin their crops.  And raid them again in storm.  Let no one stand against you!
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14713 on: May 31, 2015, 05:14:15 pm »

So, I decided to give up on Vicar Amelia, went through the entirety of Old Yharnam, killed the Blood-Starved Beast, got a bit more insight. Went back to the Cathedral Ward and... HOLY $%!% SINCE WHEN CAN THE LANTERN DUDES DO THAT?!

Bloodborne, again. I knew stuff changed when you got more insight, but damn...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14714 on: June 01, 2015, 09:15:39 pm »

So as I'm playing for speed, I'm noticing that getting healed/hurt provide a small amount of invisibility frames.  Since I'm trying to get good enough to beat the game as the old lady I think it might come in handy to know that.

Crypt of the Necrodancer
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 979 980 [981] 982 983 ... 1574