Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bull crap with adventure mode quests  (Read 2145 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Bull crap with adventure mode quests
« on: November 12, 2010, 08:00:21 pm »

I had created a demi-god hero hopping to kill many a vile villian and sem-mega beasts, maybe even a mega-beasts! However, after killing 10 bad guys, no one ever asked me for another quest. Lords and Ladys just said they were too humble and the people were down-right happy with everthing. I guess my adventure in the game would be happy, but I wasn't. I wanted moar bloodshed, for my demi-god dude to be the greatest of all heros. So I ventured out of my starting town in the hope of something exciting.
That is, not without a cost.
In the middle of traveling a desert to get some where else I was ambused by goblins. A lot of goblins. Not to forget the vultures. I lost almost my intire party, only a swordsman and a lasher made it through alive. I even almost got to the point of having to do my adventuring while laying down! But we killed them all, dispite the loses. Most were lost to vultures. When I came out of the desert, it was very late. If I didn't get to someplace soon I would get raped by bogey-men! To my great thanks, I saw a castle not to far in the distance! By the time I got there it was almost too late, but we made it! We sleep first, enjoying some a lot beer to my imagination. When I woke up, I went to ask the lady who governed this place for a quest. She denied me, asking me to ask some of her guards. I asked around with them, but they had no quest either! So I traveled all the way through a wasteland, have very close calls with goblins and bogey men to be told i have to go futher!?!?! I gave them the finger and left.

Any thoughts?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bull crap with adventure mode quests
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 08:03:22 pm »

Kill them all.

Traece

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 08:08:46 pm »

I've had no problem getting quests in my world. I worked my way up from creatures of the night to a minotaur now.

Have you generated around 100 years of history? It was suggested by Toady that you generate around 100 years to let the beasts settle.
In adventure mode I killed a Hydra within fifteen minutes, and then was mortally wounded by Carp while swimming in a river.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 08:09:12 pm »

Kill them all.

Can't. Going for a good-guy adventurer. How come bad guys get all the fun >:(

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 08:09:44 pm »

I've had no problem getting quests in my world. I worked my way up from creatures of the night to a minotaur now.

Have you generated around 100 years of history? It was suggested by Toady that you generate around 100 years to let the beasts settle.

try 500.

Mckee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 09:52:01 pm »

I guess you are fast travelling right? A lot of settlements seem grouped relatively close, you can nip from one to the other grabbing quests as you go.
'What good is a lesson if your idiot is too dead to learn from it?'

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 04:32:35 am »

Kill them all.

Can't. Going for a good-guy adventurer. How come bad guys get all the fun >:(

Sshh, just do it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 04:51:47 am »

try 500.

Hmm, maybe most of the mosters and baddies have been wiped out by the year 500, and you just finished off the rest? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 05:13:38 am »

How big is the map? A small map with a relatively long gen period could easily have wiped out its beastly inhabitants. If you're unwilling to travel further (which seems quite a silly complaint to me) then gen another world and start again.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 08:35:00 am »

Or, start adventurers that raid other towns, then you will always have a quest because each group wants an eye for that previous eye, and maybe a few teeth too.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 01:52:22 pm »

Bogeymen, my god, the bogeymen. I got pummeled to death most recently by an ambush of them. But not without chopping a couple of them in half first.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 02:05:53 pm »

Or, start adventurers that raid other towns, then you will always have a quest because each group wants an eye for that previous eye, and maybe a few teeth too.

But doesn't everyone in a given civilization automatically stop talking to you once you steal from or attack any of them?

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 02:21:24 pm »

I think his idea is have new adventurers attack towns. then use the ORIGINAL adventurer to get quests to kill the new ones.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 02:24:24 pm »

I have around 200 quests to kill various bandits which I totally ignore... You were unlucky enough to have most bandits exterminated. After you kill 20-30 bandits, you will start getting quests from nobility to kill mountain titans, deep crows and minotaurs.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 02:27:44 pm »

20-30? I just needed like 3 or 4, then I got sent against a night creature spouse.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: [1] 2