Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Moments that make you want to scream  (Read 3017 times)

ThaMuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Moments that make you want to scream
« on: November 07, 2010, 10:00:39 pm »

Realizing, several years in, that the embark zone you've been building you 88x88 base pyramid in has only 17 above ground z-levels.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: Moments that make you want to scream
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 10:11:44 pm »

Realizing the next DF version is pretty darn close, that it has targetted attacks in adventurer mode, combined with the fact I'm getting a break from lawschool in 2 weeks or so.

Makes me SCREAM OF JOY.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 10:25:34 pm »

Realizing that it's entirely possible that the release of DF, my new computer, and my birthday will all arrive on the same day (Tuesday), and I have a paper due Wednesday that I haven't started yet.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Johnnyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 11:31:33 am »

Realizing the next DF version is pretty darn close, that it has targetted attacks in adventurer mode, combined with the fact I'm getting a break from lawschool in 2 weeks or so.

Makes me SCREAM OF JOY.

Is the next release pretty much all adventure related stuff?

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 11:51:20 am »

Makes me SCREAM OF JOY.

No, it's pretty much all awesome related stuff.

Joking aside, Fortress mode got some love in the way of bug fixes and some yet not discovered relations with night creatures.

Johnnyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 12:01:08 pm »

Makes me SCREAM OF JOY.

Joking aside, Fortress mode got some love in the way of bug fixes and some yet not discovered relations with night creatures.

Awesome! when is it supposed to be out?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 12:41:08 pm by Johnnyr »

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 12:36:07 pm »

TBQFH, nothing in game, as if something goes wrong I know it is my fault and just deal with it..

If is things like THIS THREAD which kind of piss me off.  People who come and spew walls of text bashing a game, before they have taken the time to actually learn about what they are bashing.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 01:10:38 pm »

Makes me SCREAM OF JOY.

Including also the fact that all your unproperly treated corpses can rise from the dead  :-X

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 01:41:28 pm »

Makes me SCREAM OF JOY.

Including also the fact that all your unproperly treated corpses can rise from the dead  :-X

This is some of the kind of fun we could expect, but it is not confirmed.

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 02:56:38 pm »

TBQFH, nothing in game, as if something goes wrong I know it is my fault and just deal with it..

If is things like THIS THREAD which kind of piss me off.  People who come and spew walls of text bashing a game, before they have taken the time to actually learn about what they are bashing.

He's not bashing, he clearly states that he loves the game, he just wishes there was a developer manual or an official read-me straight from Toady.

Which is too much and you're not a real dorf if you do it that way, but hey.

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 03:23:22 pm »

Actually, the thread which complain about criticism are generally far worse, not to mention more common.  I seriously don't get how an inoffensive post like the one you linked to could possibly be upsetting

Posts that complain about posts that complain that some posters complain are even worse though  :P
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 03:56:30 pm »

Realizing, several years in, that the embark zone you've been building you 88x88 base pyramid in has only 17 above ground z-levels.

Constructions tend to cause these for me.

The first time I tried to make a pump stack, I didn't build any corners because I didn't think water flowed diagonally. This went on for about 10 floors. I flooded out the lever that turned the whole thing off, and it proceeded to eat my fps.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 01:59:28 am »

Spending a whole season gathering materials, and constructing a zone to work as a desalination plant, only for it to continue pumping saltwater. Add to it, considering farms need fresh water to be functional (right?) and also running out of booze, and low on raw materials for  making more.

ARGH!!!!

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 02:29:53 am »

Makes me SCREAM OF JOY.

Raise from the dead? O.o

Urist opens his coffin and proceeds to eat his wife Caton...
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

Afelia Fail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 04:40:25 am »

With aimed shots, every single creature, that will go unconsious, will die instantly. This will lead to short fights. Unconsious status, is easy to acquire, even one bolt in leg can trigger extreme pain, and then instant headshot death. I think it would be pain in ass.
Pages: [1] 2