A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142656 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #2205 on: November 24, 2010, 12:58:56 am »

Pffft, please you had a back-up in that game and I was just looking for some way to keep you too busy to work on a virus.  You wouldn't have even been at a disadvantage then if that happened, I was just playing my part as the leader of the empire in that game.  Here I'm playing my part, it has no effect directly on you, or indirectly, basically you just don't like where I want to go in an OOC discussion so you shoot me.  Smooth move.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: November 24, 2010, 01:02:23 am »

Can't we just eat it?

(You know, I am one of two people who voted for degenerating into a lord of the flies scenario back when that was up for vote. i didnt really expect it to happen without my prodding.)

(Also lets not gum up the thread with non thread related business here other people)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: November 24, 2010, 01:06:55 am »

I don't think so, and even if we could, we still have no butchers.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: November 24, 2010, 01:10:19 am »

Rolan's a butcher, isn't he?
If we can't eat it, I think we should just toss it outside.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: November 24, 2010, 01:11:02 am »

No butcher's tools and no one to help make them tomorrow either.  Or to help with the floodgate like I was planning.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: November 24, 2010, 01:21:02 am »

((Holy fuck!))

In character, Litast just learned that her childhood friend was killed by Mikhail (She HAS already had two blows to her sanity lately, and I just hope this didn't push her over the end). Litast thinks this will keep her from having a non-biased opinion in any case regarding Mikhail from now on... Nobody had to resort to violence. Because you had a disagreement with someone (no matter how controversial the case) gives you no right to kill them. I did not agree with Norrec's need for knowing what every dwarf was doing in their spare time, but I certainly do not agree with killing him. If Mikhail comes back, I leave it up to everyone else to take a vote to what should become of him. For now, we still really need to focus on food production.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 02:22:47 am by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: November 24, 2010, 01:30:18 am »

WHAT. That wasn't even hard-boiled! >:(
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: November 24, 2010, 01:31:24 am »

But it was loose cannon.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: November 24, 2010, 01:32:38 am »

Gee.  I was hoping for a little more sympathy.  After all, I was only acting as my character would.  Remind me never to make a character who doesn't trust inky person absorbing blackness and tries to make sure everyone actually, you know, succeeds at setting up a fortress again.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: November 24, 2010, 01:33:41 am »

OOC: But it wasn't vigilante justice. Poor decision, feel like it was driven way too much by OOC frustration.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: November 24, 2010, 01:40:57 am »

I'm not allowed to make decisions based off of how I feel? How does that work?
This assassination follows my loose cannon tendencies, and renegade trait. Vigilante justice is basically fighting crime in as destructive a manner as possible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: November 24, 2010, 01:42:19 am »

Gee.  I was hoping for a little more sympathy.  After all, I was only acting as my character would.  Remind me never to make a character who doesn't trust inky person absorbing blackness and tries to make sure everyone actually, you know, succeeds at setting up a fortress again.
Your character was a complete asshole. I did sympathize more about the OOC shit you got for it, though.

OOC: But it wasn't vigilante justice. Poor decision, feel like it was driven way too much by OOC frustration.
Yeah, that's my feeling too. Even killing him once he started trying to inquisition people would have been over the top, I think, but it would have at least been not worse than what he was attempting to destroy.

I'm not allowed to make decisions based off of how I feel? How does that work?
This assassination follows my loose cannon tendencies, and renegade trait. Vigilante justice is basically fighting crime in as destructive a manner as possible.
I dunno, this really didn't seem like vigilante justice. It wasn't like he had actually done anything, other than be extremely loud-mouthed and presumptuous.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: November 24, 2010, 01:43:44 am »

I was implying that it wasn't supposed to be vigilante justice.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: November 24, 2010, 01:44:40 am »

Oh.

Still, your own partner. After all you went through trying to murder a probably-criminal baron in cold blood...

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: November 24, 2010, 01:46:15 am »

Oh.

Still, your own partner. After all you went through trying to murder a probably-criminal baron in cold blood...

I know right? Hypocrisy is a disease.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 249