Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Multiverse Fortress (Week 1)  (Read 13781 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Multiverse Fortress
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 07:45:33 pm »

OK, the book's Glossary defines Endolg as follows:

Endolg. An intelligent animal that looks much like a woolly rug. Endolgs have a unique ability to sense truth which makes them popular companions in the Faerie Realm.

The way they move is kinda like a really wide millipede, with lots of little legs, but they can also undulate to move. They can float, and can hold their breath for exceptionally long time. (Read: They can't drown.)
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 07:51:56 pm »

Hrm. You can't generally play as an animal unless it can do pretty much everything a person could, like hold and use tools. Being a quadruped (or milliped?) also isn't so great.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 07:57:40 pm »

...Damn, I was just about to join up when I got to the part about citations.   :P

brb, stealing brother's monster manuals
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 07:58:55 pm »

Disadvatages
Sunlight deals damage to vampire/minotaur form
Vulnerable to Holy weapons
Can only get nourishment from blood
can only heal with extra blood
weakened if lair is destroyed (like a coffin or altar or shrine)

Advantages
Undead
Shapeshift bat
Shapeshift wolf
sees well in the dark

This way i can be outside during the day if im fully covered, or just stay in wolf form or bat form. Am i missing any powers i should have? positive or negative

Edit; i can be something else its fine too, Liek a horrible gelatinous blob from futurama lol
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 08:02:16 pm by Hastur »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 08:00:40 pm »

Hrm. You can't generally play as an animal unless it can do pretty much everything a person could, like hold and use tools. Being a quadruped (or milliped?) also isn't so great.
In the books, they seemed to be able to handle tools just fine, although no clue how.

As for the quadruped thing, they look like rugs. They can also climb walls/ceilings.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 08:03:49 pm »

Name: Ochita
Race: Breton (Morrowind, basically normal humans with a magical lean. They are resistant to magic and can make their skin as hard as dragon scales for a minute. They then have to wait a day.)
Class:Herbalist (Potion making/ herb picking)
Stuff:Hemp robe, rations and a sickle.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 08:07:34 pm »

Something that weird wouldn't work too well, so I'd strip it of almost all its qualities. If you're specifically going for certain abilities you can ask, but generally whatever it keeps will be its most iconic, important, or fundamental abilities, not just whichever you like most. This applies to weaknesses as well.

I'm also going to recant and say that a D&D vampire would indeed be destroyed after one "action" in direct sunlight, so while it's certainly doable, you should really reconsider being an inside/night only guy. Especially since this would mean the tool you brought would probably have to be a coffin to hide in.

In the books, they seemed to be able to handle tools just fine, although no clue how.

As for the quadruped thing, they look like rugs. They can also climb walls/ceilings.
Hrm, I guess they can rear up and wrap their hands/tassles around them. That might not be an issue then.

But yeah, the issue with being a quadruped is it doesn't really fit with humanoids. I'm assuming when you say they look like rugs you mean rugs lying on the ground, so they're normally much, much longer than they are tall.

Name: Ochita
Race: Breton (Morrowind, basically normal humans with a magical lean. They are resistant to magic and can make their skin as hard as dragon scales for a minute. They then have to wait a day.)
Class:Herbalist (Potion making/ herb picking)
Stuff:Hemp robe, rations and a sickle.
You sure you don't want to start with a mortar&pestle instead?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 08:12:45 pm »

Sensing the truth makes them a popular companion?

Class: Bonecrafter/Undertaker.
Name: Suggestions welcome.
Appearance: (if ghost) Tall, pale, lightly built.

Tool: carving knife File.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 08:21:10 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 08:18:31 pm »

They can be made from rock, a sickle can't. Plus its a weapon...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 08:26:15 pm »

Yup. Pretty much the dogs of that dimension. The designated Sexy Queen/Trusty Companion's Sister/Hero's Date makes sure to keep one up her dress when she goes to discuss terms on a NAP with the Big Bad Uncle.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 08:28:10 pm »

Yup. Pretty much the dogs of that dimension. The designated Sexy Queen/Trusty Companion's Sister/Hero's Date makes sure to keep one up her dress when she goes to discuss terms on a NAP with the Big Bad Uncle.
Huh. That is fascinating. Best cloaks around, I imagine.

Sadly, I'm still going to have to declare them unfit for a player race.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 08:28:29 pm »

3 more people needed.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 08:28:42 pm »

I sense an ambivalence about being a vampire minotaur, and without less ambiguous guideliness, it would require me guessing and checking repeatedly about what would be fair or ok.
This of course assumes that my list of advantage-disadvantage tradeoffs is not acceptable. I think this is the safest guess since it get the feeling you do not like to say NO to folks. You do not mention my idea of being able to be outside while i am in animal form, so i guess thats a no also.

How about a Mummy-Minotaur? or a Lich-Minotaur?Or a Horrible Gelatinous Blob from futurama?

Edit scratch the gelatinous blob, i reread the character guidelines and i think thats too cartoony for a realistic anything
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 08:31:12 pm by Hastur »

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 08:33:46 pm »

Name : Kaguro Draven
Appearance : Roughly 6'4', covered in white loosefitting clothing from neck to toes, straight brown hair that reaches the middle of his back, pale skin, silver eyes, an odd bit of white armor-looking stuff on his nose, back of his neck, and shoulders.
Race : Hollow, Arrancar Class. Hollows are the souls of the dead who though various means where turned into monsters after they died. They must feed on souls to survive and go through an 'evolutionary' process, Normal Hollow, Menos Grande, Adjudace, Vasto Lorde, Arrancar. Arrancar have the largest difference in power of any evolutionary form as any hollow from Grande and above can become one. Basic Hollows and Menos Grande are little more than wild animals, the other forms have enough intelligence to seem human.
Class : Swordsman
Tool : Sword.
Equipment : Sword, Cloths.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2010, 08:41:34 pm »

Sadly, I'm still going to have to declare them unfit for a player race.
NOOOOOO!!!! WHY?!?!?!?!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11