Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: take THAT demons  (Read 513 times)

cadleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
take THAT demons
« on: November 04, 2010, 08:25:36 am »

So I finally found Hell. Thankfully I was able to plug up that adamantine tunnel leading through the lava before some flying beasts came up. But what to do with this HUGE sea of lava and the three underground lakes of water between me and the demons?

My solution is simple. First, open up the sea of Lava and drain it down the shoot and flood Hell. Second, open up the lakes of water one by one.

Technically, when that water hit the lava this whole mountain shoulda exploded, but I just got a bunch of steam and mist. Oh well. At least the demons cant swim up through the lava and waterfalls streaming down on them. When the flow calms down I will install the adamantine grates to keep them out for good. I got a drawbridge setup so even if they make it through all that they still cant get to my upper levels, but its still fun to watch.

Da Spadger

• Bay Watcher
  • WINDMILL!
    • View Profile
Re: take THAT demons
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 09:34:33 am »

Yeah, they can still destroy that grate. Only (C)onstructions are invulnerable.
While flooding by mining is done slowly, tediously and by accident, flooding by dwarven engineering is done with great speed, endless vigor and also by accident.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 09:46:05 am »

If it's a floor grate, it'll work. Destroyers still can't destroy anything above them, so a forbidden or linked hatch would work, too.

I believe they can still teleport directly to the surface though. Correct me if I'm wrong, maybe that's just demon lords, when you open a fortress.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 10:17:27 am »

When opening the gate in Fun Fortress (the slade one, with undead), demons can teleport through the floor (yes, I learned that the hard way), so I see no reason why should they behave otherwise with hatches/grates.

cadleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 10:27:59 am »

If it's a floor grate, it'll work. Destroyers still can't destroy anything above them, so a forbidden or linked hatch would work, too.

I believe they can still teleport directly to the surface though. Correct me if I'm wrong, maybe that's just demon lords, when you open a fortress.

Yeah, its a floor grate..

Teleportation eh? Guess its good I been building adamantine battle axes and armors. Bring it, you demon dogs!!