Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is your experience with Tim Hortons?

Tim Hortons? Who is that?
- 40 (71.4%)
I've seen one, once or twice.
- 0 (0%)
I've been in one, once or twice.
- 7 (12.5%)
I go to one a few times per month.
- 6 (10.7%)
It's part of my daily routine.
- 0 (0%)
There is a world outside of Time Hortons?
- 3 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tim Hortons  (Read 1743 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Tim Hortons
« on: November 01, 2010, 03:25:25 pm »

Tim Hortons is a major part of Canada, but what about other countries? What is it like to live without one? Or, if you live in Canada or near a Tim Hortons, what do you think of it?

Discuss Tim Hortons and anything else you consider even remotely related to it.
Eh?
Eh!

Ephemeriis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tim Hortons
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 03:34:57 pm »

Used to love Dunkin Donuts coffee.  Would stop there every morning on my way in to work.

A few years back we took a trip to Niagara Falls for a summer getaway.  Spent about a week on the Canadian side of things.  Was introduced to Tim Hortons.

Dunkin Donuts has been ruined for me.

There is a Tim Hortons on the local college campus...  But there's no parking and no drive-thru.  It's basically there for students and faculty and whatnot.  Nobody would stop me from grabbing a cup of coffee there, but it sure as hell isn't convenient.  Probably upwards of 45 minutes to find a parking spot, walk through the various buildings, get my coffee, and get out.  So I can't grab Tim Hortons on my way in to work.

I'm making-do with a Keurig and some fancy grounds...  And it tastes good...  But the cream isn't right.  I dunno what Tim Hortons uses, but it's more rich than the half & half I can get and the grocery store.
Work is the curse of the drinking class.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 03:38:35 pm »

Tim Hortons is the best, i always went there during sundays in Michigan. sucks they don't have any out here in the west (idea pops up).

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 03:41:19 pm »

Overrated, and worse, overpopulated. Honestly, there's like three Second Cups on my campus and one Tim Hortons (like 50 meters away from a Second Cup) and there's always a ten minute line in front of the Timmies but no wait for Second Cup. Second Cup stuff tastes nicer too, I think.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 03:54:18 pm »

I think Tim Horton is a pretty cool guy. eh saturats the market, steals our hearts and doesn’t afraid of anything
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 03:55:59 pm »

The only thing I have ever had from a Tim Hortons is a hot chocolate.

Tasty and all, but I don't like most of the stuff they serve.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 10:03:27 pm »

Hot chocolate and a few cinnamon buns.
Best. Lunchsnack. Ever.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 01:33:21 am »

My town is completely littered with these places. They serve weak coffee, mediocre donuts, and terrible sandwiches with more fat and sodium in them than a Big Mac. Also, their slogan is "Always Fresh". Spoiler alert : "Fresh" is industry lingo for "Recently thawed". Also, whipped topping. Just...whipped topping.

Hatehatehatehatehatehatehate

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 02:10:04 am »

I always lolled when college kids talked about helping a small business instead of a big corporation when they went to Java City, the 'little' coffee shop built into the library. Silly hippies. Java City was the brand name of Aramark's coffee branch on campus. Thats why they had crossover ads for the buffets and cafeterias elsewhere.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 12:15:02 pm »

I always lolled when college kids talked about helping a small business instead of a big corporation when they went to Java City, the 'little' coffee shop built into the library. Silly hippies. Java City was the brand name of Aramark's coffee branch on campus. Thats why they had crossover ads for the buffets and cafeterias elsewhere.
Our campus library has a Starbucks in it.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 12:23:48 pm »

Starbucks is... just gross, all around. I hate the weird subculture they've crafted and most people who frequent it as well. And I think all their products taste burnt and crappy.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 12:33:30 pm »

Starbucks is... just gross, all around. I hate the weird subculture they've crafted and most people who frequent it as well. And I think all their products taste burnt and crappy.
What is their subculture? Everyone says that, but doesn't give me any answer. Is it like some sort of secret hangout spot for pompous sudo-intellectuals or something? (I'm actually being serious, I'd like to know if you do)

Their mocha frappuccinos are delicious, to my standards.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 12:47:25 pm »

What is their subculture? Everyone says that, but doesn't give me any answer. Is it like some sort of secret hangout spot for pompous sudo-intellectuals or something? (I'm actually being serious, I'd like to know if you do)

Their mocha frappuccinos are delicious, to my standards.
the secret is in the frapp my man.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 01:06:25 pm »

Don't drink coffee, never even seen a Tim Hortons before either.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 02:43:36 pm »

I used to be a huge fan of their chili-in-a-bread-bowl before they took it off the menu years ago. It was awesome.

I also love their french vanilla "cappaccino" coffee style flavor beverage. I saw one nutrition site referring to it as "like drinking a cup of bacon". So true. So good.
Pages: [1] 2