Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 93

Author Topic: Hilarious Civ/Dwarf/Fortress/other Names Compilation  (Read 281197 times)

wrytalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hilarious Civ/Dwarf/Fortress/other Names Compilation
« Reply #495 on: August 08, 2013, 05:04:44 am »

Midway through the first year of my second most recent fortress, I got a slew of Kobold would-be thieves who didn't manage to steal anything, revealing the kobold civilization to my fort.

Its name is Peengas

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 08, 2013, 09:54:27 am »

Midway through the first year of my second most recent fortress, I got a slew of Kobold would-be thieves who didn't manage to steal anything, revealing the kobold civilization to my fort.

Its name is Peengas
Kobolds snooping as usual, I see.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #497 on: August 08, 2013, 07:46:05 pm »

after a six month hiatus, I started a new fort today.  It's called "Sackrooter"
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Aviator CJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 09, 2013, 09:08:16 am »

A moody armorer just made me an iron helm, called "Rimfell the Doctrine of Blinding." With a name like that, I have to wonder if it was made a bit too big for dorfkind - will the rim fall, covering the eyes of the wearer?
!!Science!!: Knowledge through magma

There's safe. Then there's unsafe. And then there's the average dwarf fort, which remains unrated because the OSHA inspector flatly refused to go anywhere within a dozen miles of the place.

Grey Goo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Metallic
« Reply #499 on: August 09, 2013, 02:54:05 pm »

A moody armorer just made me an iron helm, called "Rimfell the Doctrine of Blinding." With a name like that, I have to wonder if it was made a bit too big for dorfkind - will the rim fall, covering the eyes of the wearer?

Or perhaps its those menacing spikes poking someones eyes out?..

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 09, 2013, 03:09:28 pm »

An FB which has just wandered into the caverns is called Fiva Fiva Cuthabe, translated by the game to Fiva the Juice of Depths.

"Oh no! It's Juice the Juice!"

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 11, 2013, 06:45:37 am »

Like the last one I posted, not really hilarious, but astonishingly appropriate. I had came cross an old post for Mephs golems in the spellbook thread, and decided to give it a try. After arranging my embark to have the necessary resources to test whether I had modified the raws properly, I went to name my fortress. I randomly genned names til one gave me pause. "MuteIrons". Considering the description of golems:

(A big iron construct provided by the mountain homes. It resembles a humanoid with thick muscles and broad shoulders made entirely from iron. The eyes glow faintly red. It never speaks or even utters any sound. A valiant defender to guard against the vile forces of darkness.)

As the only reason for the fort was to test the golems, I deemed it appropriate and kept that name. The test went alright, I successfully turned my predetermined dwarf into a golem, but I was unable to turn it into a war golem and I'm not sure whether it would be any good in combat as a normal one. At least I know the raws were all posted in the right place.
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 11, 2013, 12:31:41 pm »

I had an elf called Nine Containedcobras. Almost makes sense! :o
Also: Wadeyell, a fort. Is that a reference to markiplier?
I'm with stupid |
                      v

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 14, 2013, 03:38:08 pm »

Baldur the Perfect Baby a dwarven god.

On a side note has anyone ever thought "why are my miners not mining" only to remember they were all just killed while charging a cave crocodile and
then falling off a cliff.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

Langolier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 15, 2013, 03:58:25 pm »

Meh it's not random and therefore less funny, but apparently I modded some of the possible book titles a while back and forgot that I did so. I was briefly baffled when looking through legends mode I found titles such as "Death 2: Electric Boogaloo".

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #505 on: August 15, 2013, 05:58:57 pm »

The Swamp of Wetting.  Well, duh.  What's next, the Desert of Dessicating?

A god by the name of Vurmum the Butters of Satin.  I misread it at first as 'Butters of Satan'.

ETA:

Human Civ called The Union of Fondling  and Elven Civ called the Bride of Enjoying...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 06:45:32 pm by Nyxalinth »
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 15, 2013, 08:27:39 pm »

Not sure if it counts, but my latest Orc Fortress started with the name "IntenseProfanity". I like to think that that's just what my captured raiders say when the interrogator demands to know who sent them.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Roostre

• Bay Watcher
  • DF addict since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 16, 2013, 10:15:47 am »

Last night my adventurer was given a quest to kill "Paddletamed the Sensual Lion."

It was a jaguar.
Quote from: Ronnie James Dio
Beware; you've found the answer.

SavageDwarf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 17, 2013, 03:05:57 pm »

One of my clothiers made a pigtail thong called "The Hot Artifact"... Dirty mind.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 17, 2013, 06:43:39 pm »

i have a speardwarf named "the blunt whip".

apparently dwarf fortress wants him to be a lasher.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 93