Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 93

Author Topic: Hilarious Civ/Dwarf/Fortress/other Names Compilation  (Read 273767 times)

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
Re: Hilarious Civ/Dwarf/Fortress/other Names Compilation
« Reply #345 on: January 20, 2013, 08:45:54 pm »

"Whip of Beaches"... Again, only I will understand what's so funny about this name.
My ALL saves have got corrupted, so I will post my names here after fixing it...
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

Rutilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 20, 2013, 09:03:36 pm »

"Whip of Beaches"... Again, only I will understand what's so funny about this name.
My ALL saves have got corrupted, so I will post my names here after fixing it...

Really?  Well now I'm tempted to try guessing.

Whip them beaches real good?

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 20, 2013, 09:15:46 pm »

"Whip" is "bicz" in Polish. And "-cz" is prounced like "-tch"...
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 20, 2013, 09:46:06 pm »

Actually, Rutilant was right. But that kinda works too.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 20, 2013, 09:54:03 pm »

My longest running fortress (at fps avg 8) is bridgefondled. The civilization name is the Abyssal Pick; whose symbol is a dwarf.

The human civ is the Union of tongs,.
The goblin civ being The Rapid Torment. (actually pretty acurate, though I can't remember how close I was to a gobbo tower.)
And the elves- well their civ is called The Velvety Stone the damn posers.

Of course the funniest stuff is still the artifacts:
       Pageboulders  the Relic of Forking (a mule bone shield)
       Dourlesson the Severe Sanctuary  (a silk cap)
       Inkyleaves the Apex of Sun  (steel greaves - these were nearly made out of lead)

Not to mention I know a few people who pronounce beaches as beitches so lots of fun there. Everything is hilarious when pronounced with a Ukrainian Newfie accent
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

Coalwalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 21, 2013, 12:00:16 pm »

So to recap, one minute everything was going just great, and the next we have caverns collapsing, firebreathing cave beasts, underground brush fires, a screaming swarm of poltergheists back for revenge, zombies in the corridors, drunken brawls in the dining halls, magma pouring into the caverns, rotting miasma everywhere, insanity, madness, and a flying crocodile heading right towards us!

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 21, 2013, 03:35:02 pm »

Ukrainian Newfie accent
O.o
sorry slang for Newfoundlander. It's what happens to a coastal celtic accent combined with norse/northern references and cockney rhyming and substitution patterns. With a gospel bent to it half the time no matter how dirty the guy's trying to be. Its all kinds of messed up by itself + what I tend to hear anytime someone rolls up a dwarven rouge in D&D. When you add a thick European accent typical to seniors around where I live it just gets better.
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 21, 2013, 03:40:51 pm »

When you add a thick European accent typical to seniors around where I live it just gets better.
What the hell is a European accent? Europe is full of languages, each one full of dialects.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 21, 2013, 03:50:02 pm »

When you add a thick European accent typical to seniors around where I live it just gets better.
What the hell is a European accent? Europe is full of languages, each one full of dialects.

The gemanic-auustrio-slavic-cezch-italian mutt mix that occur one generation removed from respective motherlands and then thrown together in a community- they come as varied as Europe but none of them are directly recognizable from a European dialect. The problem is that the most distinct accents cross multiple socio-political and economic groupings so it's hard to pin down without writing an essay - hence European...

Cause you know Canadian describes a completely different accent...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:52:34 pm by Necrisha »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 21, 2013, 04:10:58 pm »

As hard as I try, I just can't imagine how that would sound.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #355 on: January 21, 2013, 11:08:23 pm »

today the RNG gave me:

Urnsquirted

Tooldangles

Sternswords
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Coalwalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 22, 2013, 09:56:30 am »

Ukrainian Newfie accent
O.o
sorry slang for Newfoundlander. It's what happens to a coastal celtic accent combined with norse/northern references and cockney rhyming and substitution patterns. With a gospel bent to it half the time no matter how dirty the guy's trying to be. Its all kinds of messed up by itself + what I tend to hear anytime someone rolls up a dwarven rouge in D&D. When you add a thick European accent typical to seniors around where I live it just gets better.
Aye, I'm from the Maritimes, so the newfie accent is familiar. It's the Ukrainian that just pushes it over the edge.
So to recap, one minute everything was going just great, and the next we have caverns collapsing, firebreathing cave beasts, underground brush fires, a screaming swarm of poltergheists back for revenge, zombies in the corridors, drunken brawls in the dining halls, magma pouring into the caverns, rotting miasma everywhere, insanity, madness, and a flying crocodile heading right towards us!

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 22, 2013, 12:27:42 pm »

Just realised the dwarf who killed the FB in this fort is named Cerol Dancefloors.
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 23, 2013, 11:14:38 am »

Renamed him Michael Jackson  ;D
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 23, 2013, 11:31:51 am »

I don't remember what it was, but "The amazement rampant of murder". Coincedently, I killed most migrants by drawbridge on that one.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 93