Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 174359 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #1710 on: December 06, 2010, 07:31:03 pm »

I'm up for a coalition, was about to say something about it too. Username's Inteuniso.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: December 06, 2010, 07:43:41 pm »

I am up for a coalition as well, I am "Doohl". Currently in the 6th day of Creeks of the raven king. As of right now there's 250-ish incoming zombies tonight and we have but 200 defenses. Almost everyone is doing the smart thing and hoarding every defensive item possible, upgrading their tents to hovels, hovels to shacks, shacks to houses, houses to forts (we actually have one fort), etc.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: December 06, 2010, 08:16:43 pm »

Stop trying to steal my converts, Podger!

Anyways, my town SHOULD last long enough to open up the 100sp towns. I plan on coalition jumping people into it, and people who have signed up via my account will have preference just cause it's easier. :P

Toriad

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: December 06, 2010, 09:02:26 pm »

No, join under my username damnit, I got a coalition too, send me a message and i'll invite you (if it isn't full by the time you apply, that is)  :D

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1714 on: December 06, 2010, 09:08:35 pm »

Mine is in my sig, across the entire forum. Mwahahaha

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: December 07, 2010, 02:25:39 pm »

I'm kinda expecting that I die2nite. Does anyone have any hints and tips on how I can do a better job next town? I'm peticularily interested in how to efficiently scavange the wastes.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: December 07, 2010, 02:32:38 pm »

I'm kinda expecting that I die2nite. Does anyone have any hints and tips on how I can do a better job next town? I'm peticularily interested in how to efficiently scavange the wastes.

Go on expeditions to good spots (buildings and the like). If no one is planning them, plan them yourself.

Try to get a group of 3-4 people to agree to go on the expedition around the same time and plan to come back to town around 22:00 or so. That'll make traveling out safer and saves weapons for saving people or other emergencies. Plus, 4 people autosearching a square all night is going to maximize the amount of stuff you'll get out of it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: December 07, 2010, 02:54:50 pm »

I forgot to go on, hope my village doesn't steal all my stuff.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1718 on: December 07, 2010, 03:12:27 pm »

This village sucks, everyone's building hovels and one guy has built a shack (stealing the planks we needed for our defense construction tonight to do so) and stolen all the defensive items from the bank to keep in his house.  We're not going to make it through tonight, and it's only our second day!

Does anyone have a coalition going yet?  I'm username Androgen, and I would love to be in a town with at least a few better players than this dump.  And it looks like I'll be joining a new town tonight for sure.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: December 07, 2010, 03:29:22 pm »

Go on expeditions to good spots (buildings and the like). If no one is planning them, plan them yourself.

Try to get a group of 3-4 people to agree to go on the expedition around the same time and plan to come back to town around 22:00 or so. That'll make traveling out safer and saves weapons for saving people or other emergencies. Plus, 4 people autosearching a square all night is going to maximize the amount of stuff you'll get out of it.

Could you (or anybody else really) tell me a bit more on just how an expedition works?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: December 07, 2010, 03:35:03 pm »

Sure.

An Expedition is just a plan. It lays out a course to follow on the world map. Each person can have 1 Expedition Planned and a town can have a total of 16 up at any one time. (I've never seen more than 3, personally).

So the expedition might say Go to 0,1->0,2->1,2 (target square) the come back by 1,1->1,0->Town. Or it might have you go back the way you got there (common to avoid clusters of zombies).

If people follow the same route you can support each other, avoid getting stuck in random packs of zombies, and all end up at the same place.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: December 07, 2010, 03:45:54 pm »

Also, if you select an expedition, while on the world map there will be a yellow diamond showing you which way to go next.

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: December 07, 2010, 05:07:12 pm »

This village sucks, everyone's building hovels and one guy has built a shack (stealing the planks we needed for our defense construction tonight to do so) and stolen all the defensive items from the bank to keep in his house.  We're not going to make it through tonight, and it's only our second day!

I can sympathize. In my new town I took the effort to post newbie guides on the forums, put up a roll call thread, even posted individual messages on everyone's doors to make sure they read the forums.

End of Day 1, and we don't have a workshop, 3 people have built hovels, one hero has gone off into the wastes to suicide (taking with him lots of alcohol and pills from the bank), 16 people are inactive or non-responsive, and of the active players, several are openly advocating every-man-for-himself. I am hoarding wrought iron in a valiant attempt to get workshop built tomorrow, but I fear it is going to be a losing battle.

I miss my last town. :-P

Edit: What is it with these new players and suicide-griefing? One hero suicided last night, and then this morning another griefer went 12 ap into the corner of the map, it seems he picked up the items the dead hero dropped when he died and carried them further from town.

And there are a couple of people who went "yeah I read the forums, but I don't care about the town, neener neener". They started building the catapult before someone stopped it by yanking the planks.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 09:33:51 pm by Langdon »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: December 07, 2010, 05:19:53 pm »

...I'm not sure why I'm dead...  did noone close the gates... ?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: December 07, 2010, 05:40:00 pm »

I managed to survive into day 3! woohoo. theres 14 of us left, we lost 16 in this nights attack. We have some defences but not neaaarly enough... and no workshop. We need to get our shit together and get ourselves a workshop today
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 127