Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Crusader Kings: El kingo of spaino.  (Read 8020 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings: El kingo of spaino.
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2010, 08:54:29 pm »

I did kill my cousins son.

But only because I was next in line for the throne, being king of Leon in the third crusade is great. After about 10-20 years your kingdom doubles in size if your cousin does not have any boy brats.

Then he went and wasted all my inheritance by attacking some heathens, he was forced to give up ALL the land he owns. Thank god his vassals stayed out of it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2010, 12:56:40 am »

DAMN YOU BAD BOY SCORE! DAMN YOU TO HELL!

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2010, 03:01:50 am »

DV also changes how children gain skills. It also gives you the awesome bride finder.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2010, 04:52:28 am »

CK is a joy to play but on my first play through all my sons looked exactly the same, was annoying to see which one was which

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2010, 01:55:28 pm »

My reputation in this game is awful. Do you lose reputation for marching through other people's land without permission? Also how are you supposed to regain reputation?

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2010, 02:07:51 pm »

My reputation in this game is awful. Do you lose reputation for marching through other people's land without permission? Also how are you supposed to regain reputation?
Assuming it's anything like EU, reputation should be called infamy. High = bad.

Tres_Huevos

• Bay Watcher
  • All I want for Christmas are your two front teeth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2010, 02:10:04 pm »

You lose reputation, I believe, for claiming titles, starting wars, and, perhaps, for actually taking titles from someone else to conclude a war. There might be more, too, but I don't think marching through others' lands matters. You can gain it back by granting titles, recognizing other people's titles when ending a war (I think), and it also just rises over time, based on how pious you are. More piety and it will increase faster.

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2010, 06:18:34 pm »

Does warring with Pagans kill your reputation too? Because I killed a lot of Pagans...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2010, 06:29:44 pm »

Does warring with Pagans kill your reputation too? Because I killed a lot of Pagans...

Yup, you still get almost all the bad boy with them as with christens.

Here is a list of all bad boy actions.

It seems the only thing you do not get it for when attacking them is sneak attacks.

I made my kingdom three times as large with a war once, needless to say when the war was over I lost ALL my lords other then my sons. Thus
DAMN YOU BAD BOY SCORE! DAMN YOU TO HELL!

Luckily I saved before hand, I am going to attack now and only take what I can without killing my rep.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2011, 11:43:25 am »

Take this advice. Adopt the law that makes the strongest son inherit, so that you can in effect appoint your inheritor by giving him titles and land, to make him the strongest militarily. This can guarantee your inbred bastard with 1 in each stat, whom seems to have an unnaturally long life span, never gets on the throne.

Second, as far as Bad Boy goes, the best way to deal with it, honestly, is to not take shit that isn't yours. Unless it belongs to a Muslim. Or a Pagan. If you are the King of a Large Kingdom, when your son takes the throne, it is likely that several vassals will try to rebel. The tactic here is to offer them peace recognizing them as the rightful holder of their titles, and demanding that they return to a state of vassalage under you. This, for me, almost always worked, usually without much of a fight, if any.

The reason they try to Rebel is, A: The son of the King inherited the King's claims to all the titles he granted to his vassals. Titles he got through brutal badboy inducing warfare. B: The New King has relatively high badboy, and is therefore likely to try to enforce his claims by warfare.

Theoretically, their goals are simply to have their hereditary titles recognized, and do not trust you to have such respect for them. With this knowledge, holding together large empires is very possible. However, the other issue that will come up, if you're using DVIP, is diplomatic vassalization. Almost never do this unless the current title holder is of the same culture as you, other wise he gets a higher possibility of trying to break away from your rule.

Finally, the best place to start, in my opinion, is Cyprus. Plenty of Muslim provinces to expand into nearby, and the Seljuks don't start with claims on the territory, like they do with the rest of the Byzantine Empire's eastern half. However, it is probably best to wait until AFTER the Byzantine empire crumbles and the Seljuk empire fractures before making the attempt to expand. They are a bit out of your league.
!!&!!

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2011, 12:54:23 pm »

I've always considered Sweden to be pretty much an Easy mode. You have quite a few pagan areas around there and Finland is just enough to give you a small challenge once you've taken a few of the independent counties. Once you have that covered, you're in a pretty good starting position to attempt going after mainland Europe. Or even continuing to expand further east.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2011, 05:35:30 pm »

I've always considered Sweden to be pretty much an Easy mode. You have quite a few pagan areas around there and Finland is just enough to give you a small challenge once you've taken a few of the independent counties. Once you have that covered, you're in a pretty good starting position to attempt going after mainland Europe. Or even continuing to expand further east.
Also, Sweden is one of the only countries with elective law, so you can expand into the pagans as a mere county and one day realize you're set to inherit the kingdom. Sweden is definitely one of the easier countries, but still fun.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2011, 09:58:21 am »

This game is awesome. I started up a game as the Duke of Galicia, I'm now the ruler of a tleast half of Iberia.

I first ate up a couple rogue sheiks south of me, Lisboa and Alacer Do Sal. After that I got lucky and the Emirate of Badajoz, a four province Muslim emirate, went to war with someone in Sicily. They boated their whole army off, so I declared war and swept up all their provinces. It turns out that they'd won the war and had one province left in Sicily and kept sending their invading armies back at me. They eventually asked for white peace which I accepted since I couldn't be bothered to go all the way to Sicily.

Then the Seljuk Turks turned up. They took pretty much all of the Muslims in Iberia and controlled most of the middle-east. Eventually they got a load of rebel lords so I was saved from being eaten by them. Leon then decided to declare war on Castille, so I geared up to go to war with them. I was actually only at war with their king, who had one province in his demesne, so it was pretty easy to destroy him. I sieged and took Leon within 3 months while his armies finished off Castille and took the title King of Castille. Once I had his province I sued him for everything he had. I am now the proud ruler of both all of Leon and Castille.

I was pretty amazed when I saw I had all of his vassals and kingdom titles, my territory now spans 2/3rds of Iberia  8). I'm probably going to go take the last few provinces I need for the King of Portugal with my huge manpower, then go all Reconquista on the remaining Iberian Turks.

Edit: Is it normal that your empire starts trying to break itself up once it gets big enough? My second son has decided to form an independent state with one of my provinces that I gave to him, to 'better manage far away lands'  :-\.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:42:54 am by Cheese »

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2011, 04:58:20 pm »

Edit: Is it normal that your empire starts trying to break itself up once it gets big enough? My second son has decided to form an independent state with one of my provinces that I gave to him, to 'better manage far away lands'  :-\.

Yes, read my post above for advice on how to deal with it.
!!&!!

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2011, 01:05:22 pm »

Bumping/necroing. Only a month since last post.

My son, the rightful and long-standing heir to the throne has inherited after my 56 year old, last of his siblings king died of old age. Now everyone is extremely disloyal, even though they mostly still have +200 relationship with me. Is this normal? Any way to deal with it?

I've got like 3 vassals that are anywhere near 100 loyalty and this is pretty annoying since even my starting provinces are looking to break away. It's not like there was a disputed succession or something. The heir does have about 5 rivals though, at least 3 of which are vassals. Still pretty damn annoying when my vassals that have been fanatically loyal to me for a generation or 2 now suddenly decide they dislike the heir.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]