Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10907 10908 [10909] 10910 10911 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14570341 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #163620 on: September 20, 2023, 02:11:33 pm »

initiating wombo mode

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163621 on: September 20, 2023, 06:00:15 pm »

If you go with edibles (I find the act of smoking unbearable) definitely start low.  And whatever you do, be patient- the "this edible ain't shit" effect is very real, it takes roughly an hour for it to kick in for me.  I ended up on 50mg once and it was actually kinda unchill.

I never go above 25mg, once or twice a week, and I'm taking delta-8 which causes less psychotropic effects but fights anxiety and helps me sleep.  It's a LOT better at that than alcohol was/is, and healthier.

To start out, 10mg is probably good- it might be a bit weak but that's better than it being too strong.  Someone I know started with 15mg and they got really giggly on main :P  (It was fine but yeah)

I tried one in ye olde netherlands and whew lad never again

but yes, better than alcohol health wise definitely.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #163622 on: September 20, 2023, 07:21:13 pm »

Those first few joints, and a few whiffs too many can scare you and give you that 'whew lad never again' feeling.
Nearly everyone I know that smokes weed passed out or got unwell in their early days of smoking. Including me.
Once you get some familiarity with the feeling, and learn what dosage you're comfortable with you can smoke to enjoy and still be lucid and fine.

It's basically the same as with alcohol. Drink too much and you will be hugging the toilet.
Smoke too much and you'll be feeling miserable because that darn toilet is sooo far away.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 07:24:36 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163623 on: September 20, 2023, 08:19:35 pm »

Broke a tooth, eating pizza. Okay, it was the crust, and the tooth was already broken for a long time, but still.

According to my insurance provider's website, the nearest dentist in my network is 13 miles away.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163624 on: September 20, 2023, 08:21:45 pm »

Reminds me of when I was younger and still losing baby teeth, and a loose tooth once broke roughly in two (lost the bottom piece) right as I was biting a slice of pumpkin bread - the soft, moist kind that's more dessert than sandwich material.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #163625 on: September 20, 2023, 08:24:06 pm »

I painlessly tore out four of my baby premolars while eating toffees.

The first one was an accident which was slightly distressing, the second one was an experiment, and the last two were seeing if I could do it again.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #163626 on: September 21, 2023, 06:51:10 am »

Teef science
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #163627 on: September 21, 2023, 07:09:46 am »

I painlessly tore out four of my baby premolars while eating toffees.

The first one was an accident which was slightly distressing, the second one was an experiment, and the last two were seeing if I could do it again.
"Want to see me do it again?"

I ate one of my baby teeth by accident. Cracked it in half with my other baby teeth. Thank god for having a second pair of teeth

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163628 on: September 21, 2023, 07:51:00 am »

Minties are the traditional baby-tooth removal lolly here. I remember losing a number of mine to them.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163629 on: September 21, 2023, 02:19:52 pm »

The jury found franchise owner Upchurch Foods was liable for failing to properly warn or provide reasonable instructions on the possible harm from the hot McNuggets served at a Miami-area location.

Ok.. uh... since when does food, that you expect to be cooked and presumably hot, need instructions about possible harm? Does it need to include warnings about possible harm due to nuggets hitting your eye at high velocity? What about if you jam it in your ear?

Do I just take for granted that I expect food to be hot, and that hot things can potentially burn me, so I need to be careful with hot things?

Like.... what am I missing here?  Is it really common for people to be surprised by such things?

Yes I know about the origin of "warning: contents may be hot."  Which is stupid, of course contents may be hot.  They also may be cold, may taste bad, or any other number of things which shouldn't require enumeration.  I think things only need a warning if they may do something unexpected... but warning people for the expected condition?  I mean... I just can't relate.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #163630 on: September 21, 2023, 02:25:37 pm »

Yes I know about the origin of "warning: contents may be hot."  Which is stupid, of course contents may be hot.

The "origin" being a woman who suffered third degree burns to her genitalia because McDonalds was serving their coffee way too hot.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163631 on: September 21, 2023, 02:31:10 pm »

Yeah I'm honestly WTF'ing at the recycling of "Haha that woman didn't know coffee would be hot" takes, which were manufactured by McDonalds to obfuscate their wrongdoing after they deliberately served their coffee at unreasonably high temperature... to save cash.

They hurt people for money, then they made fun of one victim so effectively that fools and capitalists are still repeating their spin.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #163632 on: September 21, 2023, 02:31:44 pm »

And this instance in which a four year old girl suffered burns to her thigh after dropping the McNugget in the car.

One might suggest the expectation from a fast food restaurant is that the food be ready to eat upon purchase, meaning not capable of causing burns.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #163633 on: September 21, 2023, 02:52:04 pm »

Yeah I'm honestly WTF'ing at the recycling of "Haha that woman didn't know coffee would be hot" takes, which were manufactured by McDonalds to obfuscate their wrongdoing after they deliberately served their coffee at unreasonably high temperature... to save cash.

They hurt people for money, then they made fun of one victim so effectively that fools and capitalists are still repeating their spin.

I was just thinking that
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163634 on: September 21, 2023, 03:01:36 pm »

Food is capable of causing burns when ready to eat, unless you like your food freakishly cold. I would indeed expect a freshly cooked chicken nugget to cause burns upon prolonged contact, or it isn't hot enough.

One might suggest the expectation from a fast food restaurant that "fast" food is "fast" because it comes directly out of the oven and is still going to be at oven temperatures when received.

The problem is that these things are subjective, and, since these companies are not prepared to fulfill specific temperature requests and there is no culture of making them anyway, the companies have to go with what works for most people. Most people buying coffee from a McDonalds drive-through are going to stick it in a cupholder.

So normies who expect their food hot and have never had problems with it get the takeaway about our crazy whiny litigious etc. culture, while the minority of people who always like to assume corporations are to blame for things get to feel smug about that instead, and nobody at all notices that placing a generic one-size-fits-all order with a company that specializes in perfectly uniform food-like product out of a machine and expecting it to come at the temperature - or any other property - you specifically personally wanted is actually insane. We have the same problem with spice or saltiness or anything else - and those things can and do harm people, too - but those just don't feed the culture war, so you just grab a couple of those little salt packets and go on with your day.

ETA: By the way... there already was a warning on the coffee. That case didn't even actually invent coffee too hot warnings.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 03:15:55 pm by Maximum Spin »
Pages: 1 ... 10907 10908 [10909] 10910 10911 ... 11040