Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10857 10858 [10859] 10860 10861 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14570411 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #162870 on: June 02, 2023, 08:30:55 pm »

Getting people to like you is easy. You just smile and listen to them blather on. They LOVE that.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #162871 on: June 02, 2023, 09:02:44 pm »

To be interesting, you have to be interested.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162872 on: June 02, 2023, 09:15:36 pm »

People are never happy with me.  Haven't been in almost 30 years.  Just takes one mistake and they hate me.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #162873 on: June 02, 2023, 09:23:51 pm »

I would hate for people to be happy with me. That means I haven't been serious.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #162874 on: June 02, 2023, 11:10:55 pm »

Set out some mouse traps and caught one not an hour later. Very fast return.

[edit]
Caught another
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 11:29:07 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #162875 on: June 03, 2023, 02:17:06 pm »

People are never happy with me.  Haven't been in almost 30 years.  Just takes one mistake and they hate me.
I used to be there. I've found the accumulation of power tends to fix that. And you can acquire power by volunteering to take on responsibility.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162876 on: June 03, 2023, 02:37:13 pm »

Set out some mouse traps and caught one not an hour later. Very fast return.
The caravan right? I hope you got a reusable one.

Btw how do you dispose of them? Hopefully not catch and release.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #162877 on: June 03, 2023, 03:56:55 pm »

Traditional solution to mouse disposal is nearest garbage can or cat.

I don't think I've ever seen a mousetrap used that had the mouse survive the experience, though. Catch and release would be kinda' weird, chucking a dead/crippled mouse out your door. At least nudge it towards something that's going to eat it, sheesh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #162878 on: June 03, 2023, 04:18:23 pm »

You're thinking of spring-kill types, or possibly glue traps. There's other "humane" ones intended for "just get the thing out of my house", where you're expected to let the thing go outside.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #162879 on: June 03, 2023, 04:24:50 pm »

You do need to move it far away though, else it just comes back.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #162880 on: June 03, 2023, 04:48:35 pm »

You're thinking of spring-kill types, or possibly glue traps. There's other "humane" ones intended for "just get the thing out of my house", where you're expected to let the thing go outside.
Huh. Yeah, on thinking about it, it makes sense that kind of thing would exist. I've just... never actually seen one before. Not in stores, or in use.

I've seen the glue ones sold, at least, but the only ones I've ever seen anyone actually use is the spring-kill ones (almost always followed by feeding it to the nearest cat).
Ask not!
Ask!

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162881 on: June 03, 2023, 05:18:22 pm »

My first time [I think] there were only glue traps in stock. Unfortunately I soon realized that you essentially condemn the mice to very slow death, so I had the "great idea" to lessen their suffering by drowning the trap in bucket before disposing of them, do not recommend the experience.

Not sure who the "humane" traps are for, but I would bet that 99% of the time their humanness translates into this

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162882 on: June 03, 2023, 05:44:50 pm »

Not sure who the "humane" traps are for, but I would bet that 99% of the time their humanness translates into this

How the hell do you find a video with only 7 views?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #162883 on: June 03, 2023, 06:24:30 pm »

My first time [I think] there were only glue traps in stock. Unfortunately I soon realized that you essentially condemn the mice to very slow death, so I had the "great idea" to lessen their suffering by drowning the trap in bucket before disposing of them, do not recommend the experience.

The 'humane' traps are for my family, I guess? We caught 'em, shipped 'em off to a field, released 'em.

But yea, fairly far away is good.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #162884 on: June 03, 2023, 06:33:13 pm »

It's not like they're terrible or anything. I've basically always had cats either in or around the house, so the biggest "problem" I've had with mice or rats in my lifetime has been having to deal with a dead one dropped off to encourage me to hunt better (well, and the one time one of the cats scared the hell out of kid frumple by going through a room with a dead rat roughly as big as the cat was), but there ain't really nothin' wrong to tossing them out in a field to feed owls or snakes or whatev' instead.

... there's something to be appreciated in the humane option being to send them out to have a go with an area they're far less familiar with and that is probably chock full of more predators, though, so they get to have massive stress from the imprisonment and relocation on top of a probably painful death. Makes me feel better about just feeding them to the cats :V
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 10857 10858 [10859] 10860 10861 ... 11040