Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9751 9752 [9753] 9754 9755 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14521046 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #146280 on: July 29, 2019, 10:32:30 am »

Those sure were some shitty puns. I think y'all should give it a rest... room? 🤔
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #146281 on: July 29, 2019, 10:35:35 am »

I'm also worried I wouldn't be applicable to the procedure because I think have have that sight problem where things appear around the things
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146282 on: July 29, 2019, 12:22:11 pm »

Do note that when my stepdad got a laser eye surgery procedure they didn't bother to tell him then that he'd have to come back in every six months for the rest of his life for a follow-up procedure to stop his eyes from bleeding.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146283 on: July 29, 2019, 12:46:25 pm »

I have fallen into the trap of watching a quiet Japanese man make sharp things out of not sharp things all evening again. He's like a Japanese HowToBasic but with cucumber and cows - not a word is spoken, he reacts to things oddly, and I can't stop watching.

You got a link, or a name, or something?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146284 on: July 29, 2019, 12:49:46 pm »

I have fallen into the trap of watching a quiet Japanese man make sharp things out of not sharp things all evening again. He's like a Japanese HowToBasic but with cucumber and cows - not a word is spoken, he reacts to things oddly, and I can't stop watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeNR0guNn70

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146285 on: July 29, 2019, 01:05:37 pm »

That guy. But the exact video I was watching at the time involved the dude demonstrating a gyroscope using a fidget spinner thing and then using the principles from that to make a gyro-axe.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #146286 on: July 29, 2019, 01:15:37 pm »

Now its only a matter of time before there's a medical procedure that enables me to shoot lasers out of my eyes...
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #146287 on: July 29, 2019, 01:44:01 pm »

Do note that when my stepdad got a laser eye surgery procedure they didn't bother to tell him then that he'd have to come back in every six months for the rest of his life for a follow-up procedure to stop his eyes from bleeding.

That sounds like it shouldn't have been what should've happened.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146288 on: July 29, 2019, 01:44:28 pm »

That sounds like it shouldn't have been what should've happened.

From what I've heard, the stepdad shouldn't have happened.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #146289 on: July 29, 2019, 01:56:51 pm »

but the first day you're out b/c of the xanax they give you.

I knew a guy who had it but apparently didn't have/need much in the way of painkillers. Fine during the op, the doc warned him to take a painkiller ASAP afterwards, he did, but still spent some time in blinding agony once the pain kicked in after the surgery.

Then apparently he took a nap and was pretty much fine when he woke up.

It seemed like a weird procedure.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146290 on: July 29, 2019, 02:12:42 pm »

There are different types of laser surgery. Coworker had an older version done because it was the only one that our insurance covered and was out of commission for several days. Uncle had Lasik and was basically fine.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #146291 on: July 29, 2019, 02:15:23 pm »

Still dealing with some light sensitivity and glowy halo effects around lights, but they say that'll go away in time.
Never fully went away for me. I still see ╬ shapes around the moon and street lights at night. Better than glasses, though.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 02:17:08 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146292 on: July 29, 2019, 02:31:13 pm »

Still dealing with some light sensitivity and glowy halo effects around lights, but they say that'll go away in time.
Never fully went away for me. I still see ╬ shapes around the moon and street lights at night. Better than glasses, though.

I see those without laser eye surgery AND with my glasses off, but they become especially long and accentuated when I squint my eyes.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146293 on: July 29, 2019, 02:43:06 pm »

I knew a guy who had it but apparently didn't have/need much in the way of painkillers. Fine during the op, the doc warned him to take a painkiller ASAP afterwards, he did, but still spent some time in blinding agony once the pain kicked in after the surgery.

How do you take a nap when you're in pain?

Thank you.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #146294 on: July 29, 2019, 02:58:17 pm »

How do you take a nap when you're in pain?

I have no idea, but apparently he did it.

Unrelated confusion, I've started watching a Chinese series (Bloody Romance) to improve my spoken/heard Chinese. I did not expect it to be as good as it is. I am pleasantly surprised, although I suppose it's not exactly as though my expectations were low. The English subtitles do occasionally vanish, forcing me to either be sharp enough to follow the speech properly or translate the Chinese subs, which I suppose is more the sort of thing I expected, and that's probably not the studio's fault.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 9751 9752 [9753] 9754 9755 ... 11037