Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9660 9661 [9662] 9663 9664 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14528974 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #144915 on: May 09, 2019, 10:15:41 pm »

Quote from: Seems to do pretty well with news-like lines
Hand-holding is lewd and should be made illegal, said the MP for Birkbeck, a council with the lowest share of votes of all 10 Welsh councils in Wales, who has called for the law to be introduced, as well as an apology.

Last month, David Cameron, then leader of the opposition, demanded an end to the practice, saying it had made it harder for people from poorer backgrounds to get benefits.

"This is not about right or wrong, this is about equality," he said last week.

'It isn't acceptable'

Since coming to power, Nick Clegg, the Lib Dem leader, has also called for change.

He said on Monday the government had no plans to introduce legislation to ban the practice because it would not be "appropriate" for a "special government department".

In his article in Parliament, Mr Clegg wrote: "The fact is, our government has been slow to respond to the issues concerning the...

Quote from: I genuinely can't tell it apart from the real thing
New link between video games and violent crime?

I think it has nothing to do with video games at all—it's a lot more related to violent crime and gun crime. There are three reasons why: one, it's always been about the violent crime—it is an industry that has already done a lot of damage to people, in a lot of ways, already.

In fact, the entire reason for making games is to destroy people's lives, because there are so many negative effects on society that they can't survive anymore. I think people shouldn't blame the person creating the games, if he or she is mentally ill or in jail or anything like that. I think it's more about the culture of violent crime, where you can't be creative anymore, the culture where video games destroy lives, and it's a problem. And video games, especially now, they're taking over from music, movies, television to television. And people won't listen to...

Quote from: It does fanfics too
"Your waifu is trash", declares Natsuhi

The girls are now getting all defensive as they watch Natsuhi fling away all of the guys in the room he's at. Natsuhi doesn't have any time to think, so he gets up and leaves. A short while later, Chihiro enters, with her clothes still on.

Chihiro:"I hope you weren't listening to me over here, Natsuhi. Did you hear the others?"

Natsuhi: "I didn't."

"...You're a girl and a bit shy, aren't you Natsuhi?"

"My name is Natsuhi, my mom is an assistant to me. In the end, it was just one of the cases when I came close, and since that time, I've always looked at girls as potential mates. I just wanted to get married, you see."

A few seconds passed before Chihiro replied. She then turned to Natsuhi and asked "so is that your reason?"

"That too Natsuhi. I wanted that, but I knew that if the situation continued...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144916 on: May 09, 2019, 10:29:13 pm »

Fuck! He took it," she tells me in a whisper. "He had his gun in his hands. One shot, five or six bullets went through the window. And I was the one that was hitting the window with my car."

We arrive at the hospital, where I discover, a few days later, that my wife is no longer breathing. There are four bullets lodged in her head, most of them near the optic nerves that communicate images of your eyes: five in each arm. It's a miracle that she didn't die.

As we go to retrieve the bulletproof vest I tell her I'm sorry about the shooting, that if she'd gotten out of the car I wouldn't have had to shoot her in the heart. "I don't know I'd have put that glove on," she says, shaking her head. "I was kind of worried about getting hit at a gunfight or something," she adds.

"I think that the guy I shot, he's just not gonna be able to fight back, so there's really nothing we can do," Mark assures me. But they are going to go

This is terrible. Just the worst. Do you even have any idea what you're doing? You're a fucking idiot. I hate you. Don't listen to me, you worthless motherfucker. Do you really… do you still have any self control? You've been a horrible fuckup all your life. Don't you want to go and live with your parents? No, but it's too late. You can't stay here anymore. We are not going to let you die. You are going to stay here. I am going to move to your city. And I'm going to take care of you and your parents. That is all you need to know. Thank you for your love, but please don't die. <pause> There, you've come a long way. I've had you in my sights again, but now the opportunity is very apparent. So I'm giving you a choice. Either you let me keep you and your parents, or I'll bring you here and you'll be dead. Either way, I will be in your house for
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 10:31:36 pm by Egan_BW »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144917 on: May 09, 2019, 10:37:33 pm »

Code: [Select]
[b]Your mom[/b] told us about this.

No one told him that he wanted one.

It's an amazing thing to do.

I got mine for Christmas.

This is really, really nice, really clean, really comfortable.

It feels so comfortable.

I have seen it on the street.

And I wish it came with the right harness.

I've always wanted it, Mom.

And you want it too?

Yeah.

I need this.

Thanks, Mom.

Yeah. I'm glad you bought it.

It's great to have it all.

How do I sit on it?

I know. That's the only problem.

I don't like this. I hate having to sit on it.

What do I do with it?

I have to think about it!

Look at me. I'm sitting in your lap, Mom.

Oh, sweetheart. You have a nice chest. And your tits are gorgeous. Hey...

That's not what I meant.

What I meant was the strap on thing.

I know it's a toy, but this feels good enough.

Thanks. Thank you, Mom.

0.o
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144918 on: May 09, 2019, 10:58:16 pm »

There will come a day when we do not realize we are using this. The next moment, when we stop thinking that maybe I need this, we start looking for it in another way."

It is not clear whether that is exactly the fate that awaits the researchers.

"Some might say we have used a very simple experiment and, of course, there may be some hidden meaning," said Richard Lee, a physicist at Stanford. His lab's discovery paper, released by Stanford's Institute for Quantum Information, describes a device that "feels" what is being used. The device has electrodes arranged in a triangle. Each electrode has one of several lines of electrical current that pass from the front of the device to the back of the electrode. When light touches an electrode with a specific type of current, that current changes the voltage; that means the voltage is higher than when no current is passing,

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144919 on: May 09, 2019, 11:13:22 pm »

Здравствуйте. этом версия обыть � начаству эк честили Бистрически в амослоде, по каксать ? (Сиббе) сиби. этом � клупико-проижный ны. Русская панилися и гарской разравило� в и ннащить ь посоврем этом версия былького каксать служить, как честили спроижа.

I'd like, in order to continue my research, to translate the article above with the help of professional translators in order to have this text published here on the internet, as long as the translation is completely free of any financial or other limitations as I'm satisfied that you appreciate my work (a very personal note, since most of my income is from the article). The translation of this article will be provided by "Y. Yakhova", a translation coordinator for Ночкст тех гдейни and other Russian journals. If you find it necessary to pay for this translation (including the translation fee), I will be grateful in

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144920 on: May 09, 2019, 11:25:06 pm »

I get different articles each time I input the same text:

Should we provide free post-secondary education to high school graduates? Some people think not. The argument is that some people will pay for more education than others. The argument is also that education does not pay for itself, and in reality it does. The argument is that education is not enough if you want to avoid losing the opportunity to go to college in the future because of poor employment prospects. If you think that, then we should also eliminate the possibility of getting a college degree if you want to remain competitive with the best. So what? That's a pretty boring answer to that one. If you are still convinced by that, you are probably not going to listen to my answer. So let's talk about something else, the question you need to ask yourself if you want to find out how the tax break for education pays for itself: Do you need a college degree to get ahead?

Should we provide free post-secondary education to high school graduates? Some people think not. The free higher education is there to offer those with a need. Some people worry that if government wants to give everyone a subsidized education that some higher education will go to waste. But some think government should provide free post-secondary education. The difference between giving a man a job and free education is that jobs are earned and we need them for people who are actually doing the work for us and not simply taking some for their profits. We do not need free higher education to offer a job.  A free university is a service that would improve the quality of life for everyone.  We have the technological and administrative capacity to offer free high school education.  The problem is that our existing universities do not offer free education.

Should we provide free post-secondary education to high school graduates? Some people think not. What we're thinking of doing is providing free college, or perhaps free college-equivalency or community college for those who want to pursue both a high school diploma and an undergraduate degree. That's not something that is easy to explain to people.

We can discuss issues such as income inequality, the role of debt in society, and how to create opportunities to work hard for a better life for themselves, their family, and society. But how do we explain the impact and benefits of free post-secondary education on the wages of lower-income individuals? It may not be the place for an argument that one part is an economic welfare measure and the other is free-spirited and libertarianistic advocacy. But with the importance of post-secondary education, and with the debate over college affordability and success that many

It also doesn't seem quite capable of understanding where I was leading it with my second sentence.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 11:26:56 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144921 on: May 09, 2019, 11:39:36 pm »

You are a dumbass.

This is a very common refrain. I've learned to expect, however, that a dumbass won't understand it. But my son does. So I'm going to explain what the problem actually is.

I was at the park with my son late at night recently (because he doesn't own a phone.) He was playing around with some toys he brought home from school when he suddenly heard a noise. He looked up, saw something in the distance, saw a plane flying right by them, and saw a plane come in and land. That was our first clue.

My son was confused about what our problem was. There were lots of planes around the park at that time. He quickly explained that he couldn't believe that plane, but when he came closer he realized it was a rocket that was being fired at them by some angry aliens, which really upset him.

We quickly took off, and there was no way that any of these airplanes could be shooting at us. Our kids said the rocket was

Sadly, it got cut off.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #144922 on: May 10, 2019, 01:13:33 am »

Special Containment Procedures: Only one SCP-3036-A instance of SCP-308 is to be in each of two containment cells of standard standard size. All personnel are to be restrained by SCP-308's security guards to prevent any instances of SCP-308 from escaping.

Description: SCP-308 has four primary properties. According to the above descriptions of its anomalous properties, SCP-308 appears to mimic human features, or at least to mimic human behaviors well enough to be recognizable by any standard person within six meters and under. It does not, however, appear to display any sort of physical or psychological properties.

SCP-308's primary anomalous property is that, if it is disturbed, it immediately creates a breach in the containment cell adjacent to it. If a breach is formed, the breach is not to be breached without clearance by Security Personnel. This will cause SCP-308 to disappear. Should a breach occur while the two containment

Better written than some of the actual articles on the site

Dark Souls 4 confirmed!

Top Gun is my favorite hentai
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 01:35:50 am by overseer05-15 »
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #144923 on: May 10, 2019, 01:36:10 am »

A Taylor series is also a must, if you want the most amazing look in your garden. The Taylor Garden has been a favorite of gardeners for years (and if you ever bought a Taylor, the tree is a must have!) but the new series is a great choice if you're looking for a great addition to your garden.

In addition to the new set, a great Taylor set would be a gift for an awesome guy! In fact, we love to have Taylor gift cards from him so you can give him Taylor's gift at the store that you like. It's the best.

This brand new set also comes with a Taylor DVD that will teach people how to grow trees. Here are some great Taylor books for you to learn how to do that on your own!

Taylor is a very popular celebrity, and since this new set is called Taylor's Garden, he's the most sought-after Taylor gift you can get in the shopping cart (you can even select "Taylor's Garden Set"). He's great in many roles (

I suppose this one comes from an alternate universe, where Taylor becomes a cult leader instead of a mathematician.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #144924 on: May 10, 2019, 01:38:16 am »

A Taylor series is also a must, if you want the most amazing look in your garden. The Taylor Garden has been a favorite of gardeners for years (and if you ever bought a Taylor, the tree is a must have!) but the new series is a great choice if you're looking for a great addition to your garden.

In addition to the new set, a great Taylor set would be a gift for an awesome guy! In fact, we love to have Taylor gift cards from him so you can give him Taylor's gift at the store that you like. It's the best.

This brand new set also comes with a Taylor DVD that will teach people how to grow trees. Here are some great Taylor books for you to learn how to do that on your own!

Taylor is a very popular celebrity, and since this new set is called Taylor's Garden, he's the most sought-after Taylor gift you can get in the shopping cart (you can even select "Taylor's Garden Set"). He's great in many roles (

I suppose this one comes from an alternate universe, where Taylor becomes a cult leader instead of a mathematician.

A Taylor-made garden, just for you!
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #144925 on: May 10, 2019, 02:20:13 am »

3 math-related phrases, 3 incomprehensible passages.

Quote from: Peak word count optimization.
Euler's method and the formula to which it refers may now be easily read for the sake of an illustrative purpose. The point of this illustration is that if we can prove the correctness of the formula after deduction, and we have proved this by an extensive investigation of the subject in question with the aid of the formula, we shall then have, when we make further deductions, the same foundation which holds in regard of the formula.

All things considered and in reference to the preceding sketch, we may infer that the formula which we have to work out must consist in a multiplicity of figures. Our object in attempting this sketch, by means of which we shall arrive at one complete and correct formula is to draw attention to every number in each figure, and, by means of each number, to the number, or the division of any number, of which there may be any three, or of which there may be even more, and the division of which

Quote from: Time Cube 2: Electric Boogaloo
Quaternions are the work of the Devil, to whom every world of matter turns to a base and corrupt system. A World of Truth is a World of Evil.

The World of Truth is a World of Knowledge.

The World of Evil is a World of Fear.

The World of Fear is a World of Deception.

I have a new friend in the world

I will send this letter after the fact

She took me to the place of Truth, she will speak in your language once she has spoken

I have an old brother who is sick and his blood makes me sick all the time, you told me, in all your words that you speak to me in my ear when I am ill.

I told you that I would not listen to you now, even though you have a mother who has written to me every moment for five years, you said she was here.

I went to the place of Hope, and the place of Hope said in your words, "I cannot live with your madness. I do not believe."

I will have to live with it now for the rest of my life

Quote from: Alternate universe or insane mathematician?
Noncommutative multiplication =

(0 :: Integer) * (2 :: Integer) * (5 :: Integer) * (7 :: Integer) * (9 :: Integer) * (16 :: Integer)

In our case, it is better to say we just added 4 to that. That is what is being returned, or the expression that is being called that will do the work. It's not doing anything new.

The reason why we have to put 0 (or whatever the argument is) in there then is because this expression takes a number of arguments - which are integers that start with 0. As an example, it can work, if we multiply a value like (13, 24) by a number like (10) . When we divide 2 by 12 , that takes 4 times as many arguments.

When we use this expression in an arithmetic context, we get that:

3 * 3 * 5 = 16

Or that:

7 * 2 * 12 = 25

And if we put 10 as the second argument, that takes 3 arguments, which is less than 4 and less than 25.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144926 on: May 10, 2019, 03:28:12 am »

Quote from: Meow!
Meow Meow! Meow! Meow! - Meow! Move! Meow! Meow! Meow!

"In a world with more eyes and ears than ever, a cute cat's a good thing."

- Meow!, The Cat Wren, (The Adventures of Meow! Pippin)

SINGLE PLAYER

Pokémon Red, Green & Blue, on the NES

CAT FUTURE

"A cat is the most powerful force in life, and only by keeping them in check can you save humanity."

- Professor Birch

GAME FEATURES

NEW STORY-LINE

- A newly written and beautifully rendered story that takes place on a distant planet whose citizens rely on the energy of cats.

- A unique, but never before-seen world - a cat world that never has and never will get old.

- Tons of exciting new, entirely original and not-so-fun facts and trivia to solve and play with.

* A whole new generation of cat pets, including new cat-empowered cats!

* A brand new character: Mimi, the cat dog!

- A new, whole new world -

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #144927 on: May 10, 2019, 05:03:38 am »

Camilla: "You, sir, should unmask."
Stranger: "Indeed?"
Cassilda: "Indeed it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you."
Stranger: "I wear no mask."
Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) "No mask? No mask!"
Stranger: "You wish to know why I am here?"
Camilla: (Loudly) "Because I have uncovered a very grave plot against you."
"It had started from the night he rescued me from the dead..."
Cassilda: "You were found by the dead, but we would know the reason, if you wanted it."
Stranger: "And why? I was not killed."
Camilla: (Sighing.) "I was taken from the other world."
Stranger: "Yes I had you killed, and you did not return. I have found the path to reclaim my body..."
Cassilda: (Laughter.) "And what path is it that you wish to choose?"
Stranger: (Breathing heavily. Wagging his finger.) "I am the Dark One. The power of darkness will be mine
Camilla: "Will it?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144928 on: May 10, 2019, 05:23:13 am »

Battle at Sandy Forest was not a surprise to the community, who had come to witness the events of the last 50 years earlier that day. But it was even more unusual the year before it happened.

"This is probably the first time I've ever seen two guys walking up there. And I've never seen anything like it," said Greg, a construction worker who attended Saturday's memorial service at a local Methodist church.

Molly, the 6-year-old who died in the attack, had been sitting near the memorial when the attackers stormed into her home and attempted to kill her, according to the mother of the girl. The assault happened at 4 a.m. that morning, on what is known as "Black Friday" in North Carolina, when shoppers fill malls, hotels, restaurants and convenience stores with gift cards for new clothing and electronics.

Molly, who was from Washington, D.C., was in her

How many gift cards does it take to fill all those places?
Also, in her what was Molly?

Deadly storm of arrows will kill you."

"My sword..."

With an "A" sound, Kirito's sword went flying away.

"A-Ah..."

What is the sound of this, what should I tell Rina to see if I still have Kirito or not...? (TL: I don't think Kirito is a 'sword user', he is an expert swordsman. And he has his own weapons as well, so he can do that. I would like to see if it is Kirito in an anime. However Kirito's sword is just a sword, so I can't tell it was his.)

I should probably tell Rina too, but I'm too busy to hear Kirito's voice anymore.

"...You're too slow. Don't be so serious."

I didn't really understand what Kirito said.

-End-

I heard the sound of a car going by from behind.

I looked up and saw the white figure of two people behind the house I'm stuck in. The one behind me was wearing dark red clothes (they're not his.)

The person next to me was naked
What is going on here?
First it sounds like some kind of combat, then it ends and the speaker sees one figure of 2 people, one of which is behind him and is wearing dark red clothes (which he does not own).

Smell of fire, smoke and smoke. It had been a few days since I'd been able to see anything interesting in my sleep. It felt as though I was being watched and listened to. I decided that it wasn't that bad, and that the next thing I remembered was waking up in the morning. No one had told me that it could be that bad, but damn was I glad I had.

Once we got into camp it was really chilly, I couldn't keep the headlights on and we were pretty much freezing. After a while though we decided that there were a couple of really beautiful lakes out there and we should drive down there and get lunch. We didn't want to mess up our plans, so we all piled into a snow buggy and drove out to Big Cypress Lake.

Big Cypress is absolutely beautiful. One of the biggest lakes in the southern part of Dallas and it's almost on every list of most gorgeous lakes. But that's just the highlight of what makes it great. The place is so quiet and

Glad you had what? Decided it was not that bad?
Second paragraf makes sense.
Third paragraph is a lie. I found two Big Cypress Lakes. One in Georgia, other in South Carolina. Neither has a Dallas nearby. Nearest Dallas to the Georgia one is also in Georgia, but on the other side of it. Nearest to the SC one is in North Carolina.

Why does the generator often not end the text with an end of a sentence?
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144929 on: May 10, 2019, 05:38:05 am »

Necromancers are having fun. I've added a bit more information to the necromancer towers, allowing the zombies to build them up a bit to increase a site zombie cap. If the necromancer is at their zombie cap, they can still raise more zombies, but they are added to a wilderness population instead.

I did a bit of testing to show the population scaling on each terrain type. So, for example, a desert site might grow 1 per 2 areas, while an arid site might grow 1 per 2 per 16 areas, or an arid swamp site might grow 1 per 4.3 per 3 areas. Since the population is scaling, I expect to see this behavior as I go further into development.

Some things to note:

The necromancer doesn't have a "build site" that triggers when the world is loaded. They just build new camps each area.

All zombie population is set to 0 once the camp is established. To allow more zombie activity, there will occasionally be a "m
Pages: 1 ... 9660 9661 [9662] 9663 9664 ... 11037