Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9611 9612 [9613] 9614 9615 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454766 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #144180 on: April 09, 2019, 05:46:40 pm »

What's this? Random nausea all evening? Don't mind if I do!

Also I'm still being an idiot, but that shouldn't be too surprising.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144181 on: April 09, 2019, 05:56:20 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:49:32 am by dragdeler »
let

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144182 on: April 09, 2019, 07:56:07 pm »

I found an unusual J-Drama on Netflix: My Husband Won't Fit

It's exactly what it sounds like, a woman's husband's dick doesn't fit when they (try to) make love. I've only watched one episode, but this situation sparks a 10 episode drama. I'm really just curious how a dirty joke gets expanded so much that it's too big and girthy to fit into 1 little episode.

I'm really confused as to the behavior of the man so far; our protagonist is a university student and moves into a tiny apartment, and she makes the mistake of leaving her door open and this guy just walks right in and makes himself at home. He's not saying "I'm your husband now" but that's basically how he's acting. The shameless imprudence of the guy would have badly pissed me off personally, but she just goes along with it, she doesn't seem to have much assertiveness or personal agency at all and so just gets walked all over. 

When they try to have sex, they fail pretty miserably. It's not mentioned why so far, but the dick just don't fit. You'd think that would have been a pretty clear brick wall to the relationship, but episode 2 takes place two years after episode 1 and they're still together, and he still doesn't fit, not even a little.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #144183 on: April 09, 2019, 08:00:36 pm »

I... what?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #144184 on: April 09, 2019, 08:03:44 pm »

I mean, I'm relatively immature with regards to male genitalia, so I would enjoy Dick Jokes: The Show, which is what I'm hoping My Husband Won't Fit would be.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144185 on: April 09, 2019, 08:20:37 pm »

Ok look, there are ways around that. Unless it's some kind of magic anime curse, as such things often tend to be, that is not a realistic drama point. I am not overweight, but I am 2.5x times the weight of my wife. You just gotta know what you doin'.

That said, I don't think this topic is a rabbit hole (pffff ha) we want to go down.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #144186 on: April 09, 2019, 08:24:43 pm »

I... what?
This describes about 77% of Japanese media
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144187 on: April 09, 2019, 08:24:59 pm »

I mean, I'm relatively immature with regards to male genitalia, so I would enjoy Dick Jokes: The Show, which is what I'm hoping My Husband Won't Fit would be.

Naw, J-dramas take themselves really seriously. The premise is a dirty joke, but the resulting storyline seems to be about the stupidity of young and inexperienced people, and the innate desperation of benign modern life.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144188 on: April 09, 2019, 08:26:28 pm »

Without meaning to go down the rabbit hole, then, the point of the book the show's based on is that it needlessly is an unsolvable problem, due to cultural pressures against seeking treatment for this sort of issue -- and it is most probably a combination of medical and psychological factors, the latter of which is arguably harder to get people to get treatment for.

The passivity is part of that cultural commentary as well. It is, in short, supposed to be boring and frustrating to watch, because it's supposed to highlight the barriers to dealing with this.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144189 on: April 09, 2019, 08:37:30 pm »

If that's the actual basis of the show, then that's genuinely interesting XD

To be fair it did take some practice. Maybe it's going to turn out to be an honest look at how very different people can have a fulfilling relationship and overcome obstacles that society tells them are insurmountable.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144190 on: April 09, 2019, 08:52:21 pm »

It's not so much that society says they're insurmountable as that, per the book, society says it's impolite to talk about them so the thing to do is to just suck it up forever because getting help for a problem involves admitting you have one and that's Just Not Done. The cultural underpinnings are vast and complicated, but that's the core of it.

It is, perhaps, an honest look at how a cultural taboo against airing dirty laundry can trap people in a particularly dull kind of hell where everyone's terrified of admitting they're terrified of admitting they're sad, but it's not a particularly happy book or show.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #144191 on: April 09, 2019, 08:56:28 pm »

Ok look, there are ways around that. Unless it's some kind of magic anime curse, as such things often tend to be, that is not a realistic drama point.
It's not even the first time I've heard of that plot coming out of japan. Last time I can recall didn't involve a magic anime curse (just interspecies incompatibility), but the cure did involve magic harpy, uh. "Oil." The world's a weird place, some days...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144192 on: April 09, 2019, 10:17:52 pm »

If that's the actual basis of the show, then that's genuinely interesting XD

To be fair it did take some practice. Maybe it's going to turn out to be an honest look at how very different people can have a fulfilling relationship and overcome obstacles that society tells them are insurmountable.

Well, what turns me on enough to penetrate the show is what I presume will be the Greek Tragedy that the main character suffers. In the first episode, she makes it very explicit that she hated how her aunties would be the local rumor mills and talk constantly about the neighborhood's disgusting and lurid scandals...

I was curious where the show was going and if it was worth my time, so I took a look at the episode synopses for later episodes, and it becomes clear that the MC's life eventually gets filled with the scandals and affairs that her aunties always gossiped about. It seems delightfully ironic to me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144193 on: April 10, 2019, 02:05:17 am »

My girlfriend may or may not have propositioned one of her good friends while we were drinking. I don't believe anything will come from it, but I certainly wouldn't turn it down. Also, I may be a little drunk and missing you all.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144194 on: April 10, 2019, 02:19:50 am »

Most things that sound like good ideas when you are drunk, probably aren't. 

Just sayin'.
Pages: 1 ... 9611 9612 [9613] 9614 9615 ... 11040