Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9609 9610 [9611] 9612 9613 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454598 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #144150 on: April 08, 2019, 07:59:47 pm »

Most VHS tapes in existence are probably wearing out - the magnetic strips don't last forever. They don't make VHS players anymore, not even DVD/VHS combos, and even VHS->DVD/Digital converters are rare.
This, aye. They just more or less weren't seeing circulation, so out they went to make space for stuff that might. Most weren't actually trashed, but we've been giving them away for like five cents a whatever. We're down to maybe three or four dozen (out of hundreds, maybe breaking four digits) left, outside a handful of kids tapes kept for holidays.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #144151 on: April 09, 2019, 05:20:27 am »

According to some "news" article that the Google itself recommended to my mom onto her tablet's front page, aliens from Nibiru are going to invade St. Petersburg on April 16th.

Someone's still living in the year of 2012.

EDIT: How the fuck did I write "leaving" instead of "living"?!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 05:27:58 am by CABL »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144152 on: April 09, 2019, 05:24:53 am »

Hello, ever hear of pussy riot?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144153 on: April 09, 2019, 05:25:04 am »

Look, the Anunaki didn't get enough gold last time they were here, and they want to restart the slave labor program, M'kay?

Look at it this way, they will give contraception to everyone, and get the population in order.  We should be ASKING them to come set this shit right

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144154 on: April 09, 2019, 05:30:10 am »

I mean, I do welcome our Anunaki overlords; if our own people can't deal with the corruption in our country, then aliens will finally give our country a big ol' douche it deserves and needs.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #144155 on: April 09, 2019, 05:34:36 am »

How easily does mankind reject his agency, saying to himself "woe is my stewardship, and the fields are ash. Bring me slavery that I may trouble no one and no thing with my recklessness."
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144156 on: April 09, 2019, 05:37:52 am »

Well, some do prefer serve in Heaven than reign in Hell.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #144157 on: April 09, 2019, 05:43:01 am »

You speak of the heavenly paradise where man is no longer man, but wrapped in the eternity of perfection which is God. Agency ceases to matter if, with one voice, all cry their willingness, nay, their love, for that state.

As for the pits of Hell, agency is truly sacrificed. None submit to the rack for eternity willingly, nor turn their head from the Lord's beautific Light.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144158 on: April 09, 2019, 06:12:54 am »

I was just WTFing at this John Olive segment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCC8fPQOaxU

it's hard to imagine what would incentivize someone to be this shamelessly, nay, proudly evil. If you're looking for people to victimize, he found the trifecta: Helpless, Captive, and deserving of better.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #144159 on: April 09, 2019, 07:33:06 am »

You speak of the heavenly paradise where man is no longer man, but wrapped in the eternity of perfection which is God. Agency ceases to matter if, with one voice, all cry their willingness, nay, their love, for that state.
I know it's your religion and all, but it sounds a lot like brainwashing. 'cause it doesn't matter what you want, because your god is going to make you want it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144160 on: April 09, 2019, 07:57:23 am »

Obviously it's like Cordyceps fungus. The god lays memes in your brain, then once you arrive at the heavenly realm it forces you to worship and love as loudly as possible, attracting a cthulhu which consumes the divine memes along with your soul.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144161 on: April 09, 2019, 08:00:45 am »

(Preeetty sure Dwarfy is atheist :P)

As for the pits of Hell, agency is truly sacrificed. None submit to the rack for eternity willingly, nor turn their head from the Lord's beautific Light.
If the damned don't have agency, then it's not their fault.  Fair or not, they will always have the comfort that they had no true chance at salvation.  That they were falsely imprisoned for crimes they had no actual part in.  Without agency, they were merely puppets cast into an eternal torture to satisfy some Mythos beast.

The situation has so much more meaning if Hell is something we choose, knowing full well the consequences.  Whether we do so out of pride or shame, it's a choice I think many would make.  Heaven could be like that doohickey in Hitchhiker's Guide which shows you your full significance in the universe.  How could someone enjoy such an ordeal unless they were first free of all baggage, all the insignificant concerns of the material world? 

Being reabsorbed into the lifestream sounds nice and all, but it's essentially an actual end of one's self.  Ironically I think an atheist who's ready for nonexistence is ready to meet God, while someone who craves an afterlife will remain apart.  By their own will.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144162 on: April 09, 2019, 08:19:53 am »

If I die having prepared for non-existence and find that the universe traded me up to a free eternal stay in some pleasant yet stagnated realm I'd be pretty disappointed.

Unfortunately (fortunately?) the most common doctrine that I've encountered seems to be that it doesn't matter how at peace or ready or enlightened I am, I only get to the pleasant one if I accept into my heart a specific dead human and nothing more or less. Pretty blatantly unfair of a criteria in a cosmology where I only get one go-round, if you ask me.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #144163 on: April 09, 2019, 09:12:14 am »

(Preeetty sure Dwarfy is atheist :P)

If the damned don't have agency, then it's not their fault.  Fair or not, they will always have the comfort that they had no true chance at salvation.  That they were falsely imprisoned for crimes they had no actual part in.  Without agency, they were merely puppets cast into an eternal torture to satisfy some Mythos beast.

The situation has so much more meaning if Hell is something we choose, knowing full well the consequences.  Whether we do so out of pride or shame, it's a choice I think many would make.  Heaven could be like that doohickey in Hitchhiker's Guide which shows you your full significance in the universe.  How could someone enjoy such an ordeal unless they were first free of all baggage, all the insignificant concerns of the material world? 

Being reabsorbed into the lifestream sounds nice and all, but it's essentially an actual end of one's self.  Ironically I think an atheist who's ready for nonexistence is ready to meet God, while someone who craves an afterlife will remain apart.  By their own will.

The point is that you have no agency in hell, not that you didn't choose whatever ended you up there.
Love, scriver~

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #144164 on: April 09, 2019, 10:20:55 am »

Nonexistence sounds fucking spectacular.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 9609 9610 [9611] 9612 9613 ... 11040