Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9536 9537 [9538] 9539 9540 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14512086 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #143055 on: February 22, 2019, 04:30:34 pm »

If its like what happened to me working at winco, its because you make too much money, so theyre cutting your hours. Your responsibilities will not decrease. Even once theyve cut you back to half your normal hours. So youll work twice as hard for half as much, which is perfect and perfectly legal, as far as upper management is concerned.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143056 on: February 22, 2019, 05:52:12 pm »

Just opened Bay12 and found I was logged out. :o
No idea if I'd accidentally fat-fingered the logout button last night or something without realising... clearly I haven't been banned.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143057 on: February 22, 2019, 05:56:17 pm »

If its like what happened to me working at winco, its because you make too much money, so theyre cutting your hours. Your responsibilities will not decrease. Even once theyve cut you back to half your normal hours. So youll work twice as hard for half as much, which is perfect and perfectly legal, as far as upper management is concerned.

Not exactly, the entire production team was/will be sent home, not just me. Also, our production quota was decreased accordingly.

Lemme explain: we have to quotas, one is weight processed which is predetermined by corporate(and was decreased for today/tomorrow), and the other is pieces processed and sent to the sales floor. That one is determined by total hours on payroll(more people = more pieces). Store management is complaining that we've not been or barely making the latter quota, and I think corporate isn't happy either, and I'm guessing that's why hours are reduced. I also know exactly which fuckwits are responsible for the problem, but since nobody ever listens to me, nothing I say will matter. On the other hand, I think the managers are starting to figure it out. They're starting to notice the pattern, and it's just a matter of waiting for them to put two and two together which, in my observation, takes a godawful long goddamned time for some reason.

Just opened Bay12 and found I was logged out. :o
No idea if I'd accidentally fat-fingered the logout button last night or something without realising... clearly I haven't been banned.

Maybe the login cookie got deleted?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #143058 on: February 22, 2019, 06:04:04 pm »

They're probably over their work-hours budget for the period, so they're shaving an hour where they can.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143059 on: February 22, 2019, 06:17:29 pm »

Lemme explain: we have to quotas, one is weight processed which is predetermined by corporate(and was decreased for today/tomorrow), and the other is pieces processed and sent to the sales floor. That one is determined by total hours on payroll(more people = more pieces). Store management is complaining that we've not been or barely making the latter quota, and I think corporate isn't happy either, and I'm guessing that's why hours are reduced. I also know exactly which fuckwits are responsible for the problem, but since nobody ever listens to me, nothing I say will matter. On the other hand, I think the managers are starting to figure it out. They're starting to notice the pattern, and it's just a matter of waiting for them to put two and two together which, in my observation, takes a godawful long goddamned time for some reason.
I'd say try talking to the managers again, and if they're not going to listen then find a way of going over their heads and contacting the bigwigs directly. If you don't get your piece in beforehand, then it's entirely too likely that someone will find a way of pinning something on you.

Reducing hours for everyone is big shit, and the higher ups are most likely going to have attentive ears even if it's just one of the peasants talking to them about what's going on.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143060 on: February 23, 2019, 04:08:48 pm »

They explained the reason for the lost hours; apparently, the production team for every store the entire company(330 stores in US/CA/AU) is supposed to take a day off at some point in January/February every year since that's the period right after our Halloween/Christmas high, and therefore don't do enough business. They didn't do it to our district last year because of a few snow days cut our hours anyway.

That said, the production manager was pissed off for the exact reason I suggested before, and it sounded like she probably knows who is responsible as well.

In other news, my mom just asked me for $4,500 to buy a camper.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #143061 on: February 23, 2019, 05:22:13 pm »

Am i the only one that suffers from moments where i just want to smash and destroy everything around me because fuck life?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143062 on: February 23, 2019, 05:37:08 pm »

Am i the only one that suffers from moments where i just want to smash and destroy everything around me because fuck life?
Moments?

I experience moments where I don't.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143063 on: February 23, 2019, 05:45:35 pm »

Why, no.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #143064 on: February 23, 2019, 05:53:48 pm »

Moments?

Gooooood
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 05:55:38 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143065 on: February 23, 2019, 06:47:42 pm »

Just realised I never went back to reading The French Lieutenant's Woman after I accidentally left it at a friend's place.
I think it was a while before I had a chance to retrieve it, and I got distracted reading something else instead - and then by the time I'd finished whatever that was I'd forgotten all about it. Whoops.

Also, attempting to look through my forum posts to work out what it was that I wound up reading instead made me realise I never actually posted about the book on here. Huh.
It's really good from what I'd read so far. Got to figure out where it is and get back to it, I was getting down to the business end of things if I recall correctly.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143066 on: February 23, 2019, 08:32:15 pm »

Moments?

Ofttimes that feeling is all that gets me through the day.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143067 on: February 23, 2019, 08:40:50 pm »

Anger is a young mans emotional. Some of us never grow up.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #143068 on: February 23, 2019, 08:59:14 pm »

Given a bad enough day, I will experience those moments. Most of the time, I just don't see enough of a reason to destroy stuff. After all, I'm going to be punished, one way or another, if I were to do that.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143069 on: February 23, 2019, 09:04:28 pm »

Sometimes I feel like I should be impaled on a spear. Which isn't a metaphor or anything, that is specifically what I feel. I don't know why I feel this but it is oddly comforting. Just imagining my essence getting perforated by a big cold rod of metal. Hmm.
Maybe that's not actually similar at all to wanting to destroy everything.
Pages: 1 ... 9536 9537 [9538] 9539 9540 ... 11037