Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9335 9336 [9337] 9338 9339 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14558608 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #140040 on: November 13, 2018, 02:48:26 am »

I dunno, from what I could see from the action scenes it looks like it'll be pretty alright even if the plot is contrived.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140041 on: November 13, 2018, 07:26:49 am »

They only used the first gen pokemons.  That speaks of cashing in on nostalgia to me.

Bring the kids too, and enjoy the mediocrity together.  Is it any worse than Disney or Pixar's vomiting forth of princess/hero archetype movies?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 07:29:00 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140042 on: November 13, 2018, 07:37:56 am »

They only used the first gen pokemons.  That speaks of cashing in on nostalgia to me.
Nope. I don't know what they are, but the three fuzzy little dudes on top of the left-hand stall at 1:05 in the trailer are not 1st gen. Same for the panda-thingy on the "missing" poster next to squirtle's at 1:26, the floaty mushroom heads briefly glimpsed above the bulbasaur convoy at 1:32, or the jumpy whatsits at 1:37 and 2:11.

I'm strictly a 1st-genner. These new-fangled pockymonglers frighten and confuse me, so I can immediately identify that they are not 1st gen.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140043 on: November 13, 2018, 07:41:40 am »

You sure about that? I saw quite a few Greninjas in there. I’m pretty sure they’re simply choosing Pokémon that look good or are at least iconic in general (greninja was popular enough to get smash after all).

Ninjaed
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #140044 on: November 13, 2018, 07:51:30 am »

Greninja’d, come on man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #140045 on: November 13, 2018, 08:01:54 am »

Modern media has become a cynical, cynical place to be a fan of anything. All I have left is TF2 and ES6, one dying from ten thousand diseases, the other years away. I don’t watch movies that much, but from what I can tell, it’s becoming a bad place too. I suppose the emoji movie shiuld have been the hint.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140046 on: November 13, 2018, 08:10:19 am »

Well, Garfield: The Pokemon Dectective is a pretty solid hint that movie quality is on the slip.

I watched the trailer briefly from my phone in the bathroom.  I'd take a kid to see it and probably consider it to be only slightly overexpensive.  I mean, mediocre is okay if you go with someone else?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #140047 on: November 13, 2018, 08:14:35 am »

I actually liked the trailer despite it being pure WTF.

And there's been more than a few good licenced movies recently, as evidenced by Marvel's.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #140048 on: November 13, 2018, 08:15:20 am »

Let's not forget Fantastic Beasts. Boy was that better than I thought it would be.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140049 on: November 13, 2018, 08:37:31 am »

Well, Garfield: The Pokemon Dectective is a pretty solid hint that movie quality is on the slip.

Speaking of the Garfield Movie, if the book on Bill Murray's misadventures is to be believed, he voiced Garfield because signed the contract by accident because he thought it was a different director than who it was, and then was obligated to follow through.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #140050 on: November 13, 2018, 03:10:48 pm »

Fun fact: the voice actor in the ghostbusters cartoon voicing Bill Murray’s character voiced the cartoon Garfield.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140051 on: November 13, 2018, 03:26:02 pm »

Fun Fact: Bill Murray's character in Ghostbusters was played by Garfield the Cat, and was altered later with CGI.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140052 on: November 14, 2018, 06:42:59 am »

Fun Fact: Bill Murray's character in Ghostbusters was played by Garfield the Cat, and was altered later with CGI.

Yeah but back then it was Cat Generated Imagery.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140053 on: November 14, 2018, 05:05:54 pm »

Learned that my sister was fired yesterday, boss refused to give reason why, just enough information to guess. Then another coworker tried to start a fight with me; if I didn't know 100% that my boss is a useless sack of shit, I'd have demanded that coworker's immediate termination as well.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #140054 on: November 15, 2018, 12:19:58 am »

Did you and your sister work in the same place?  Also at my job threatening a coworker is an automatic termination, and the policy is enforced.  I work for a large corporation tho.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 9335 9336 [9337] 9338 9339 ... 11040