Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9285 9286 [9287] 9288 9289 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14541893 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #139290 on: October 23, 2018, 07:05:26 pm »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139291 on: October 23, 2018, 08:02:34 pm »

You'd be better off with the crunchy chocolate frogs

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139293 on: October 23, 2018, 10:38:43 pm »

My immediate supervisor (one who had been ignoring her work, lying about workers, and ignoring orders from her supervisor to just do the work she wants instead of what needs done) is now basically gone.  The store manager and district manager have been out on vacation for 2 weeks. 2 days into their vacation she injured herself and claimed workers comp.  She was officially out for a week.  According to the department her workers comp claim was forwarded to she has done this before, and the claim was getting investigated.

That supervisor made the mistake of adding everyone who works there to her facebook friends. (not me because I refuse to touch the disease that is social media) It seems she forgot about that, because there have been videos on her facebook of her out partying, and on a motorcycle, and swimming at the beach, when she is supposed to be basically crippled with a back injury all week.  On the weekend all that evidence was sent to the risk management department.

She was ordered to return to work today, her doctors excuse lapsed 2 days ago,and she was claiming she was too hurt to go to the doctor to do her followup (which was going to renew her excuse if needed).  Today as acting store manager I was told to remove her from payroll if she did not show up today in light of 'new evidence'.  She did not so I removed her.

tl;dr my WTF is how the hell do people in 2018 not realize it's a bad idea to post evidence of fraud on facebook?  She's an older woman sure, but she has shown incredible amounts of evidence that she knows how to game our workplace's system to get away with everything short of bloody murder, how does she not know to not post shit on facebook when yer supposed to have a broken back?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 10:40:23 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139294 on: October 23, 2018, 11:06:12 pm »

tl;dr my WTF is how the hell do people in 2018 not realize it's a bad idea to post evidence of fraud on facebook?

It's more common then you think.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #139295 on: October 24, 2018, 12:12:53 am »

tl;dr my WTF is how the hell do people in 2018 not realize it's a bad idea to post evidence of fraud on facebook?

This is why Truean do like they do innit
Love, scriver~

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139296 on: October 24, 2018, 12:41:01 am »

This is why Truean do like they do innit
I suspect so.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #139297 on: October 24, 2018, 08:44:36 am »

Confirmed. However, without fraud, and with foresight.

I still get the shocked questions though.

Humans beings are stupid comfort seeking things. They are comfortable and stupid with social media. Thank you for considerately condemning yourself on film, it makes things so much easier.... well, not for you......

I am routinely insulted for teaching people not to post like that...... I honestly tried to be nice.... fell on covered ears and seen by eyes wide shut....
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 09:00:02 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139298 on: October 24, 2018, 08:47:22 am »

Cuvva yo' ass 'fore you turn on the gas.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #139299 on: October 24, 2018, 09:11:19 am »

Oh, hey Truean! Good to see ya!

...Buy I sort of feel like you know when you talk about someone and then they're standing right behind you. At least it wasn't anything bad :P
Love, scriver~

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139300 on: October 24, 2018, 09:17:45 am »

Social media must make prosecutors' lives so much easier

and personal investigators, come to think of it

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #139301 on: October 24, 2018, 09:39:55 am »

Hi scrivs. Good to see you too. The mild comedy just proves the point, and is somewhat helpful. It's all good.

Yes cas, it does, in so many ways. Big brother's job has been made so much easier by the selfie, the status update,  the stupid, and all of the above. They've mass produced surveying you all, digging for anything they can invent and you paid for it while clamoring for more. You demanded to pay to include a picture of yourself in the paper trail they'll use to bury you while mocking those warning of the danger....

Those magnificent bastards. You pay for the bread and circuses that spy on you too.

O crap....
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 09:42:33 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139302 on: October 24, 2018, 10:01:49 am »

Wryly remembers back in the early 2000s when the social media disease first appeared.

Seem my statement about it being giving 3-letter-agencies all they want and more on a silvered platter was quite true, despite being called a paranoid crank.

I never saw the allure of that cancer anyway. I much prefer the older, more anonymous internet culture of the late 80s and early 90s.  The very idea of using my real name online mortifies me, and the demands for email addresses and the like anger me. Facebook can die via cometary impact.

Sadly, despite all the flagrant abuse by the IoT things, the social media things, the "smart device" things, and the brass balls of TLAs post-snowden, people STILL don't understand that telegraphing everything about your life to soulless enterprises is bad, putting spy appliances in your home is bad, and thinking that either is worth whatever carrot these providers wave at you makes it worth it is the worst.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #139303 on: October 24, 2018, 10:10:10 am »

So, uh...

Can someone just tell me if or when 1984 or whatever will become a reality?

Or has that already happened and I just didn’t notice?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139304 on: October 24, 2018, 10:16:11 am »

So, uh...

Can someone just tell me if or when 1984 or whatever will become a reality?

Or has that already happened and I just didn’t notice?

Between Brave New World and 1984, I thought we'd get one or the other... but it looks like we're going to get both somehow.
Pages: 1 ... 9285 9286 [9287] 9288 9289 ... 11037