Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9162 9163 [9164] 9165 9166 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14569442 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #137445 on: September 01, 2018, 08:06:30 pm »

Not only was William Buckland's home filled with specimens – animal as well as mineral, live as well as dead – but he claimed to have eaten his way through the animal kingdom: zoöphagy. The most distasteful items were mole and bluebottle fly;[29] panther, crocodile and mouse were among the other dishes noted by guests. The raconteur Augustus Hare claimed that "Talk of strange relics led to mention of the heart of a French King preserved at Nuneham in a silver casket. Dr. Buckland, whilst looking at it, exclaimed, 'I have eaten many strange things, but have never eaten the heart of a king before', and, before anyone could hinder him, he had gobbled it up, and the precious relic was lost for ever." The heart in question is said to have been that of Louis XIV.[30][31] Buckland was followed in this hobby by his son Frank.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #137446 on: September 01, 2018, 08:07:33 pm »

Not only was William Buckland's home filled with specimens – animal as well as mineral, live as well as dead – but he claimed to have eaten his way through the animal kingdom: zoöphagy. The most distasteful items were mole and bluebottle fly;[29] panther, crocodile and mouse were among the other dishes noted by guests. The raconteur Augustus Hare claimed that "Talk of strange relics led to mention of the heart of a French King preserved at Nuneham in a silver casket. Dr. Buckland, whilst looking at it, exclaimed, 'I have eaten many strange things, but have never eaten the heart of a king before', and, before anyone could hinder him, he had gobbled it up, and the precious relic was lost for ever." The heart in question is said to have been that of Louis XIV.[30][31] Buckland was followed in this hobby by his son Frank.
Wait, which hobby??

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #137447 on: September 01, 2018, 08:09:44 pm »

While dining out one evening at Lord Harcourt's residence at Nuneham in 1848 he was shown a silver locket containing an object resembling pumice stone. He popped the object in his mouth, perhaps to try and find out what mineral it was, and swallowed it. It was in fact part of the mummified heart of Louis XIV of France which had been taken from the royal tomb by a member of the Harcourt family.
Who even knows at this point. Question for the chronospheres.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #137448 on: September 01, 2018, 08:10:25 pm »

... of all the things that would concern me about consuming (stolen from tomb?) mummified human heart, how sacred the act would be is... it's not even the last thing. It's just not on the list at all.
I'd be upset that you ate my one of a kind human heart from a famous Frenchie who may or may not have had God's own decree stapled to his asschecks at birth.   Before I did.

Keep your tastebuds out of irreplaceable human artifacts?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137449 on: September 01, 2018, 10:30:58 pm »

Someone drove into the store's parking lot yesterday and hit a roughly 3 or 4 foot tall, bright yellow painted stationary object fast enough to damage the car.  Today, according to risk management, they apparently want to sue.

Admittedly that object was a shopping cart, in the parking lot and from all appearances it has somehow found itself in the driving lane of the lot.  But everything in that first sentence is the truth as well (though I am suddenly stumped as to the height of the things).   Somebody recently wanted to sue the store for >almost< slipping last month next to a wet floor sign too.   Why is everyone sue happy lately?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 10:37:47 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137450 on: September 01, 2018, 10:34:12 pm »

recently?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137451 on: September 01, 2018, 10:38:08 pm »

Fixed.  My confused brain wanted to overuse the word recently.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137452 on: September 01, 2018, 11:23:56 pm »

Yep, though it pays to know that big companies that fund politicians want to take your right to sue away, but that's very dangerous, and the "frivilous" cases they used to typify things tend to be very different to how the privately owned mass media (who get advertising dollars from said corporations) portray them.

One example was a guy making a call in a phone box who successfully sued the phone company for being hit by a drunk driver, instead of suing the driver. It was held up by Ronald Reagan as a "silly" case that justified taking away people's right to sue. However, the real story was that the phone box was built on a dangerous corner, it had been hit by cars repeatedly before, and the company had skimped on repairing it. So the guy had seen the drunk driver coming, had tried to get out of the phone box, but the door had jammed due to the faulty repair work. The politicians and mainstream media omitted all of this context. The company had lost the lawsuit not because a drunk driver hit someone, but because they knew the phone box was in a dangerous location and they did sloppy repair work to keep it safe.

If a jury is awarding $2 million in damages for a "silly" claim then you can bet there's another side to that story. Silly claims will get payouts on the smaller end, if they get a payout at all. If the judge or jury is making a company payout on the higher side you can bet that they company dun fucked up, and doesn't deserve a free "out" from being sued.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 11:34:30 pm by Reelya »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #137453 on: September 02, 2018, 12:52:19 am »

YOUR PASSWORD WITH 25 CHARACTERS IS NOT SECURE oh you added a 1 at the end. High Security. Much great.
ethicalCapitalismdoesNotexist1
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #137454 on: September 02, 2018, 07:15:22 am »

Except the bike is made from the tears of tortured orphans and unspoken shame.

... I think.
How does that even work?
Strange mood, like Gleipnir.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #137455 on: September 02, 2018, 07:34:14 am »

... of all the things that would concern me about consuming (stolen from tomb?) mummified human heart, how sacred the act would be is... it's not even the last thing. It's just not on the list at all.

I was just thinking: the current king of Spain is a direct descendant of Louis XIV. Maybe he should eat William Buckland's mummified heart?

Alternatively, William Buckland's descendants could eat the  king.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137456 on: September 02, 2018, 10:05:20 am »

Someone drove into the store's parking lot yesterday and hit a roughly 3 or 4 foot tall, bright yellow painted stationary object fast enough to damage the car.  Today, according to risk management, they apparently want to sue.

Admittedly that object was a shopping cart, in the parking lot and from all appearances it has somehow found itself in the driving lane of the lot.  But everything in that first sentence is the truth as well (though I am suddenly stumped as to the height of the things).   Somebody recently wanted to sue the store for >almost< slipping last month next to a wet floor sign too.   Why is everyone sue happy lately?
Are you from USA? Isn't there the land of the sue-to-get-rich-schemes? I would think that would be fairly normal, from what media oozes from the North American culture, to sue for any excuse you have till you are rich, at least for the lazy assholes.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137457 on: September 02, 2018, 10:07:25 am »

Oh my gods I do not normally eat anywhere near this much fiber.

* Yoink heaves and strains!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137458 on: September 02, 2018, 10:52:17 am »

Apparently I'm a very funny guy. I told my sister "Your infant unit has a leakage" referring to my niece pissing her pants (she's only 2), with a monotone, robotic voice, and she just lost it and laughed hysterically several minutes to the point she developed a small leakage too. Who would have know?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #137459 on: September 02, 2018, 10:57:17 am »

Apparently I'm a very funny guy. I told my sister "Your infant unit has a leakage" referring to my niece pissing her pants (she's only 2), with a monotone, robotic voice, and she just lost it and laughed hysterically several minutes to the point she developed a small leakage too. Who would have know?
YOU HAVE A LEAKAGE!!
Such wow, much burn.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 9162 9163 [9164] 9165 9166 ... 11040