Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8744 8745 [8746] 8747 8748 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14556722 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #131175 on: March 01, 2018, 01:40:51 pm »

Maybe don’t park right next to the lake when it’s freezing.

A problem if you live next to the lake and it’s Winter, but that’s your problem. Tarpaulins, maybe?

The lake effect is also quite nice sometimes, though. The Summer is slightly less unbearable ‘cause of the cooler air. Also I didn’t get snowed on like my friends 150 miles in state did over the weekend. Unfortunate that I was visiting them at the time, but ah well.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131176 on: March 01, 2018, 02:18:43 pm »

As a Michigander, it's pretty routine for us at this point. We're not at Russian levels of don'tgiveafuck, but we're pretty close. Shit doesn't close down even when the road are slathered in slippery death slush and the snow is coming down in quantities that trucks can't plow away fast enough. I've done full 180 and 360 spins in my car while driving, and it's a fun amusement so long as you don't hit anything, you just keep right on going where you were heading, it doesn't deter me or anyone at all.

A local highschool has really inconsistent behavior when it comes to school days. One time it closed for the day for being really cold, not even snowy or icey or anything, but whoever was in charge wanted the day off I guess; another time it was literal snow apocalypse and he held his ground, they weren't having a snow day that day. He had to send out an apology afterwards for that one.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131177 on: March 01, 2018, 04:52:40 pm »

I know over in Wisconsin, if it gets below negative 30 something Fahrenheit the schools usually shut down

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #131178 on: March 01, 2018, 06:37:07 pm »

Protip:  Don't try to melt ice off your car.  You'll shatter your windows.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131179 on: March 01, 2018, 07:45:55 pm »

Lmao my boss telling everyone not to go to work because the snow made it unsafe. There's like 3 inches of snow and the world shuts down, but I appreciate it all the same. All this snow makes collecting freshwater for my plants real easy, just shovel it into a box and wait for it to melt, bottle and water

*EDIT
Oh dang, people have died. Seems like a little snow really can kill
To be fair, where I live it's not gonna be long before it's a foot deep, and it's over that where the snow's formed drifts.

The cats are hating it. They go out only when really, REALLY desperate for a piss/crap. One of them at least braves the snow for privacy, the other just pisses in the front yard. And not ours, you don't shit where you sleep, after all. She does it in the neighbour's yard. Digs a hole in the snow, pisses everywhere but the snow, then makes a brave attempt to cover it up, missing both the hole she dug AND her piss.

...She's not the brightest animal.
If you live in America or really anywhere but Europe, I would REALLY recommend getting a litterbox, as most places are filled with predators who would gladly eat a cat

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131180 on: March 01, 2018, 09:41:09 pm »

Lmao my boss telling everyone not to go to work because the snow made it unsafe. There's like 3 inches of snow and the world shuts down, but I appreciate it all the same. All this snow makes collecting freshwater for my plants real easy, just shovel it into a box and wait for it to melt, bottle and water

*EDIT
Oh dang, people have died. Seems like a little snow really can kill
To be fair, where I live it's not gonna be long before it's a foot deep, and it's over that where the snow's formed drifts.

The cats are hating it. They go out only when really, REALLY desperate for a piss/crap. One of them at least braves the snow for privacy, the other just pisses in the front yard. And not ours, you don't shit where you sleep, after all. She does it in the neighbour's yard. Digs a hole in the snow, pisses everywhere but the snow, then makes a brave attempt to cover it up, missing both the hole she dug AND her piss.

...She's not the brightest animal.
If you live in America or really anywhere but Europe, I would REALLY recommend getting a litterbox, as most places are filled with predators who would gladly eat a cat

The worst predators for urban cats are cars and crazy dogs to be honest. Greatorder is in the UK though.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #131181 on: March 01, 2018, 10:04:22 pm »

Pretty much the same there. Not really any big predators that’ll be willing to take on anything with 5 pointy ends.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131182 on: March 01, 2018, 10:09:01 pm »

There are raptorid birdies that think fat housecat is delicious.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #131183 on: March 01, 2018, 10:11:45 pm »

A car's diet is oil, which comes from dead animals. Therefore they kill animals for food in the future once humanity has gone extinct and cars rule the Earth.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131184 on: March 01, 2018, 11:22:10 pm »

People talking about ice and snow.  While it was unseasonably warm today just short of 30C.  I think I heard  the radio saying something about how we might break a record.  Can you send a little bit of that cold down here?  Not all of it mind, maybe like 10%?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131185 on: March 01, 2018, 11:23:55 pm »

Sadly, the planet does not allow us to easily export bad weather.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #131186 on: March 02, 2018, 12:00:27 am »

Ran into another "40K is teh ebul filth and people who like it are all fascist misogynists cuz spess muhreens" type, wrote up a few thousand words of rebuttal, and decided not to post it 'cause the drama is more trouble than it's worth. :|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131187 on: March 02, 2018, 12:10:03 am »

I'm pretty sure there are female space marines, you just can't tell under all that armor. I mean, no evidence AFAIK that the space marines in warhammer 40k are all male.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131188 on: March 02, 2018, 12:21:37 am »

I don't get it...

How is it misogynist to have an all male army? Especially if cloning is involved?  Wouldn't it be more misandronist? I mean, the ONLY thing those men are good for is being shot through space to get killed/kill things. Very low culture value living, full of hardship and loss, and emotional trauma is the normal day to day.  It takes a pretty twisted mind to conceive the idea that "Hey, yeah-- this super bad thing that causes horrible mental harm? A way of living that causes severe mental health problems, antisocial behaviors, and chronic physical health problems, including but not limited to being maimed and killed? Yeah-- It's TOTALLY UNFAIR that I am not subjected to that!"

Again, especially in the case of the Replicae. Given the loss of skill and technique needed to produce super soldiers, it makes sense that they would select only the finest original to attempt copies, and that means being pragmatic, not idealistic.  Yes, totally misogynist that it isn't a female archetype. (rolls eyes) It has nothing to do with the natural higher statistical strength profile of the masculine gender. Oh no-- those space marines are just DOWN ON WOMEN. /s

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #131189 on: March 02, 2018, 12:39:25 am »

... Are Space Marines even portrayed sympathetically very often?  I thought the general flavor of 40K is a universe immune to morality where everyone is an asshole, and space marines are just less cosmic horror than most other things.  People like the setting because it takes grimdark to such extremes that it's comical and stretches the imagination.  Yeah, I don't see how that can be construed as misogyny.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 8744 8745 [8746] 8747 8748 ... 11039