Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8686 8687 [8688] 8689 8690 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14528933 times)

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #130305 on: January 27, 2018, 05:29:24 pm »

Nope. Not where I got the idea from. Although it is odd. (and that is the first time I have ever seen that scene. unless I was really young, don't recall much from when I was under 10.)
Also the transformation as I meant it was that even the girls became guys wearing togas. But the human brain can do weird things, such as combine things you have seen into crazy stuff that makes less sense than the sum of its parts.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130306 on: January 27, 2018, 06:11:37 pm »

The roads were surprise icy this morning. On the way to work, I saw 3 cars flipped over, and one that went off the highway into the woods, plus a news report of another flipped vehicle elsewhere. I've also heard from a few others that it was closer to 7 flipped cars on that highway. In one morning.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #130307 on: January 28, 2018, 01:12:30 am »

So, I was watching a trance mix on YouTube (eww, yuck, but I couldn't find is elsewhere, so...), and while the DJ was doing one of his stupid "jump up and down and wave his hands in the air" routines, suddenly a hand sneaks up over the edge of the table and turns one of the knobs.

Seems one of the sound techs decided something needed tweaking, but the DJ was busy.

A second WTF: How the hell does a video site become the #1 place to listen to free music? There are other places, but nothing with the same selection.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #130308 on: January 28, 2018, 02:38:52 am »

Cause millenials like music videos.
Ohhh colour.
Might as well put a song up too

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130309 on: January 28, 2018, 03:40:18 am »

I have never seen a movie called Animal House. I may have seen a short clip at some point, but how many other ways can one chant the word Toga?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flPFUD8CzlQ
It's in spanish but you get the same dialoge I guess.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130310 on: January 28, 2018, 03:58:21 am »

A second WTF: How the hell does a video site become the #1 place to listen to free music? There are other places, but nothing with the same selection.

Same as what Billy said, because music videos exist. e.g. ton of people already use youtube, they pretty much all like music to some degree, and will want to check out the music videos for their favorite song, but music videos only go for a few minutes, so you need to keep putting more on, leading to a high demand for music videos.

The alternate - that people go "oh no, i only want audio, I'll log out of youtube and go google whatever music-only site there is" just isn't how people actually think. Youtube has TV shows, game feeds, music videos. It's just easier to use it for music as well than to try and memorize different sites for all the content that youtube has.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 04:08:19 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130311 on: January 28, 2018, 04:15:50 am »

The only real decent alternative is Bandcamp, and I dislike them for various reasons as well... though the convenience/novelty of having your whole collection displayed nicely to peruse, as well as convenient merch purchases, means I use it anyway. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #130312 on: January 28, 2018, 07:13:55 am »

but you only get quality musical memes on soundcloud, so there's that option too
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #130313 on: January 28, 2018, 07:27:39 am »

Most YouTube music videos arent actually the music videos of that song though. They're a parade of still images of the artist or just a single screen with the title, and also maybe the lyrics if the creator is ambitious.
Love, scriver~

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130314 on: January 28, 2018, 07:32:27 am »

It's quite common for people to stick on a Youtube video purely for it's audio while they do other stuff. I often stick on Let's Plays or music I've not gotten around to buying yet to play in the background while I paint.

There are probably better places to go for things individually, but there's not many other places I can turn round and use two clicks to swap from music to a D&D session and then again to a Subnautica video when I pause between coats of paint or turns in a video game.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #130315 on: January 28, 2018, 08:38:20 am »

I don't know, I guess I just hate video enough that spending extra bandwidth on it just grates at me.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130316 on: January 28, 2018, 08:51:30 am »

So i’m the only plebeian who uses Spotify?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #130317 on: January 28, 2018, 08:59:52 am »

No, spotify for me too. Comes as part of my cell phone internet deal.

Can't find all the music I want on there though. I'm a fairly nichepster guy.
Love, scriver~

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130318 on: January 28, 2018, 09:19:54 am »

That is so weird because I recently remembered one of my exes was in a band and looked it up and Spotify had it.
Granted like 8000 listens but still.

Also nostalgically traumatic and I stopped that nonsense real quick.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130319 on: January 28, 2018, 12:58:17 pm »

I like lyric videos, and I'm poor so buying music isn't really worth it when I can just find it on youtube
Pages: 1 ... 8686 8687 [8688] 8689 8690 ... 11037