Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8656 8657 [8658] 8659 8660 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14519974 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129855 on: January 07, 2018, 05:56:33 pm »

You know how you can hear a part of a song somewhere and then it bugs you because you know the thing but can't recall the name? Well I'm having a bit of the opposite issue for whatever reason :V

Stumbled upon Gymnopedie earlier today, instantly recognize the piece but now I'm trying to figure out where the hell I heard it last time, was a part of something I just can't recall what, and it's driving me crazy :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #129856 on: January 08, 2018, 12:50:13 am »

Kevin MacLeod's cover of Gymnopedie is a commonly-used royalty-free track. You hear it in many, many places.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #129857 on: January 08, 2018, 12:59:17 am »

http://cghub.com/

This. All of this. Poe's Law is in full effect.

EDIT:
The Disney movie Frozen is a lighter side of the Antichrist, with Elsa being the great whore of Babylon.

The thing that weirds me out the most is this is being hosted on CGHub.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129858 on: January 08, 2018, 09:27:57 pm »

More of a 'this is cool' wtf....

Turns out that some Australian birds of prey intentionally use fire as a tool rather than incidentially. https://www.inverse.com/article/40018-australian-birds-light-prey-on-fire The research doesn't say whether this is a learned behavior passed down by parents or more instinctual, but it's definetly interesting. They can't create fire themselves though, obviously.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #129859 on: January 08, 2018, 11:02:33 pm »

i decided to look up dragonforce live and what the fuck they're actually good

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #129860 on: January 08, 2018, 11:36:36 pm »

Playing Pokemon TGC Online. Some attacks (e.g., pikachu's iron tail) keep doing damage until your coin flip fails. My opponent just got 11 heads in a row.
That's about a 0.05% chance. I guess that's not as bad as drop rates in some MMO's. 220 damage isn't spectacular compared to some of the better cards, either.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 11:40:54 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129861 on: January 09, 2018, 12:35:26 am »

Because I decided I need to purposefully inject some WTF into my life, I decided to read one of Sitchin's books. (The 12th Planet)  Naturally, I refuse to pay money for it, so I admit to grabbing a poorly OCR'd pdf instead, but I am not disappointed. Nice WTF, Lots of citations to follow-up on later. You can't ask for better space opera.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129862 on: January 09, 2018, 06:21:22 am »

I had to google who he was, but holy shit the cunt is the spitting image of Colonel Sanders. Given his affinity for wild theories, clearly they are the same person.

Also, now I know where a certain band I like gets their name from.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129863 on: January 09, 2018, 06:33:12 am »

He wrote his books while sampling his original recipe of 11 secret herbs and spices.

It's literally out of this world. ;P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #129864 on: January 09, 2018, 10:28:09 am »

In 2016, Kazem Finjan, the Iraqi Minister of Transport, claimed at a press conference that Sumerians had built and used an airport in the Dhi Qar Governorate to launch spaceships from, 5000 years ago. He cited the work of Sitchin and others to support his assertion

Well... at least the lunatics aren't confined to the anglosphere?
The New Arab reported that Mr Finjan referred to the work of Russian professor and Sumerian expert Samuel Kramer, who studied the civilisation’s creation myths and wrote about their understanding of the solar system.
Don't think Kazem's mad, I just think no one's brave enough to contradict their boss's misreading of a book on mythology

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #129865 on: January 09, 2018, 10:29:10 am »

Akatosh came to Nirn in a silver space ship
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #129866 on: January 09, 2018, 11:29:14 am »

Akatosh came to Nirn in a silver space ship
Akatosh nineveh  torah suleiman  efreet nasrudin ibn sina.  Behemoth ariel gemini elohim?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129867 on: January 09, 2018, 01:23:38 pm »

Just watched The Land Before Time for the first time in many years.
Such a huge, prolonged hit of nostalgia, wow... for a while it was very intense, like I was remembering every bit as soon as it happened, and then it only wound down a bit because I was pretty dang tired- it's past 4am here and I worked yesterday.
I must have watched that movie soooo many times whilst extremely young, for the memories to be so vivid but so well buried.
There is at least one scene that I remember from (at least) one of the sequels, too. I'll have to track them down as well.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #129868 on: January 09, 2018, 02:25:49 pm »

My mother blames those movies for my still ongoing obsession with dinosaurs, paleontology and geology. She may be right...

It didnt help they let me watch every educational program featuring dinosaurs too
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129869 on: January 09, 2018, 03:01:24 pm »

You know, I wanted to be a paleontologist when I was growing up.

Oh boy did I love to everything about prehistory, even got magazines about it. I was very young (about 5 or 6) but I was darn sure I wanted to study that. It was the first thing I pictured myself doing as a grown up. Sadly that career doesn't even exist here, much less a job market for it, and as a final blow, I meet computers and fell in love with them.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 8656 8657 [8658] 8659 8660 ... 11037