Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8652 8653 [8654] 8655 8656 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14520865 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129795 on: January 04, 2018, 11:20:01 am »

Odd. She prescribed hydroxyzine, which came up when I searched it as Prozac and fluoxetine which is an SSRI antidepressant, commercially known as celexa.

Derp. Got em backwards. Hydroxyzine helps though, fluoxetine doesn't.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 11:22:31 am by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129796 on: January 04, 2018, 11:32:14 am »

Everybody's metabolism and internal chemistry is slightly different (which is why personalized medicine is slowly becoming a thing), so, whatever works for you I guess.

At least it's helping you. :)

edit: Practicing calming excersizes like meditation or yoga or whatever you choose may help too because it's all about the state of mind.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 11:34:10 am by smjjames »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #129797 on: January 04, 2018, 11:49:42 am »

Odd. She prescribed hydroxyzine, which came up when I searched it as Prozac and fluoxetine which is an SSRI antidepressant, commercially known as celexa.

Derp. Got em backwards. Hydroxyzine helps though, fluoxetine doesn't.
Hydroxyzine is atarax, an antihistamine, first generation. Strong, but makes you sleepy. Commonly used for relief of skin itch.

I switched to this from my previous antihistamine. I take it at night, get stronger allergy relief than I would otherwise and a good night sleep. Win/win.

Of note, however, there was a recent EU report warning of it being potentially arrythmogenic :/
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129798 on: January 04, 2018, 11:52:26 am »

Usually on the rare occasion when they buy simulated poo it's to torment another kid with it, not whatever this is

Constript reporting

You take that the fuck back. The conscript is glorious.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #129799 on: January 04, 2018, 12:12:28 pm »

Everybody's metabolism and internal chemistry is slightly different (which is why personalized medicine is slowly becoming a thing), so, whatever works for you I guess.

At least it's helping you. :)

edit: Practicing calming excersizes like meditation or yoga or whatever you choose may help too because it's all about the state of mind.
Uh. Not all about state of mind. Meditation and whatnot definitely can help even (especially, to an extent) with the more physiological parts, though. It's just entirely possible that it's far from sufficient even if you're very solid in regards to practicing the stuff. Sometimes yo' brain just be fucked up and there ain't much you can do (without outside assistance, so to speak) so far as tricking your body into unfucking itself goes.

... not that trying isn't still pretty helpful, most of the time. It's just probably a good thing to not downplay what aspects seriously can't be controlled, that there are in fact situations where you can't do jack (save cope/suffer, which friggin' blows) about what your body is trying to force your state of mind to be. Even odds I'd be in notably better shape if someone had jammed that down my throat a decade or two ago before I managed it on my own, personally.

tl;dr, the specific wording "all about the state of mind" is something I kinda' hate in reference to anything anti-anxiety or whatev' meds should be involved with.

Ruddy thing comes with that hanging accusation that folks that don't have it are failing primarily because of what they do rather than how their brain is screwing them over.

It is/can be both, but stuff like that and society in general really sodding loves downplaying the latter, which causes a lot more misery for a lot more people than necessary. It ain't all about the state of mind, however pithy the saying is *grumbles*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129800 on: January 04, 2018, 02:06:19 pm »

Well, if the anxiety attacks are triggered by stress, then doing something to de-stress could help.

Just trying to help a bit, he doesn't have to take my advice.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #129801 on: January 04, 2018, 03:19:13 pm »

I think he’s upset with the way you worded it (“all” about the state of mind) rather than the essence of what you said.

Anyhows, my nugget of fun with anti-depressants is that your body is going to change so what works now might not work later. Took mirtazapine for a year, was “alright”. Stopped mirtazapine for a year. Got a prescriptionfor it again, took it for four weeks and those four weeks were, quite frankly, fucking awful. Worse than not being on them.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #129802 on: January 04, 2018, 04:07:17 pm »

I think he’s upset with the way you worded it (“all” about the state of mind) rather than the essence of what you said.
Yeah, more or less. Like said, the stuff's good juju at the end of the day, that was just a particular sort of (common-ish) phrasing that's part of the problem(s) related to people getting help (even non-pharmaceutical help).

Not being able to get to that state of mind when it's (regularly said to be) all about the state of mind (or something roughly equivalent) isn't exactly helpful when it comes to things like... well, basically anything psych related, but especially some forms of anxiety or depression, heh. Good ol' nagging feeling of failure and whatnot.
Ask not!
Ask!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129803 on: January 04, 2018, 09:17:23 pm »

That 'Everybody Poops' book should put out a range of merchandise.

In other news, I need to poop right now.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #129804 on: January 04, 2018, 09:29:06 pm »

this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y82EsETuMbM
the more this goes on the more confused I get about the story
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129805 on: January 04, 2018, 10:27:12 pm »

Another thing is calming exercises don't FIX things beyond random, short term stress.

Long term stuff is more likely gonna need a therapist. Calming exercises can alleviate symptoms, but until you either alleviate or deal with the underlying cause, it'll keep coming back, and may even get worse and worse, assuming it responds to the exercises in the first place.

I doubt the anxiety-inducing trauma of having my dad be ill for nearly two years and die would be fixed by calming exercises. They'd be about as effective as a small plaster over a bullet wound.

Well yeah, for long term stresses meditation or calming excersizes won't help, I just thought it'd help if those anxiety attacks are caused by random short term stress or as a method to just sort of help.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #129806 on: January 04, 2018, 10:31:09 pm »

*waggles hand* Fixing those short term symptoms can help a bit with the longer term ones pretty easily, though, or potentially keep you at least still mostly functioning when they're trying to kick off. Helps so you can live long enough to middle through longer term stuff.

Being able to deal with random short term stress can definitely help with long term issues, too... and similarly, not being able to can exacerbate them. At the absolute least a modicum of breathing and muscle (relaxation/untensing) control can do a good bit of good.

Personal level, gods know if I couldn't keep some of my physical stress/anxiety reactions under a least partial control I'd be a helluva' lot more fucked up than I am. Also utterly incapable of driving, heh.
Ask not!
Ask!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129807 on: January 05, 2018, 05:22:30 am »

This is a popcorn story if there ever was one.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/katie-nichols_n_4832514

Katie Nichols, a Tennessee woman accused of stabbing her mother and leaving her for dead, isn't to blame for her actions –- a satanic cult is, Nichols told a television crew Tuesday afternoon.

Later that same day, a WVLT camera crew interviewed a neighbor of the stabbing victim. The neighbor, an unidentified woman, said she hoped Katie Nichols would come back "so we can get the authorities to get her."

Minutes later, Katie Nichols walked up to the camera crew and freely relayed information about the alleged cult, of which she claimed her mother was a high-ranking member.
"The satanic cult in this city has been casting satanic spells on me for three, four days. I'm exhausted," Nichols told Knoxville's WVLT. "I came home and found out my mom was the ringleader and was trying to kill my daughter."
"I had to kill her ... she was so powerful, I had no idea -- I had no idea that my mother was that powerful," Katie Nichols told WVLT.

She added, "She should have died ... She was the antichrist -- she did not die."

Katie Nichols went on to detail how spells had been put on her and she spoke of nuclear explosions that had been scheduled to occur, but have now been prevented, "because all of the satanic cult has been rounded up and killed."

The camera crew ultimately notified police of Katie Nichols’ whereabouts and she was taken into custody without incident.

Yeah, that's how she got arrested, by giving an impromptu press conference about Satanic cults and nuclear explosions. Man I can imagine being in that film crew and going "WTF is going on?"
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 05:26:01 am by Reelya »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #129808 on: January 05, 2018, 06:59:12 am »

Missed the discussion after my posts. My two cents though. I agree that exercises can help some, but they fall flat sometimes. Medication is a bit of a crapshoot but often is beneficial. I've not found and nor do I expect to find a cure or one thing that always works 100%. My brain is screwed up (because I did too many drugs) and I gotta work each day in many ways to deal with the screwiness. I am just glad it's not worse.

My thoughts are very disconnected and elusive today.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #129809 on: January 05, 2018, 08:22:06 pm »

Please do not quote:

Another messed up bill for furnace repair due to some jerk messing with me. Welp, another thing to fret over.

I am incredibly thankful that I, at the moment, have health insurance. The US healthcare system is so messed up that your average person can't get crap for relief. I used to do junk like reviewing medical paperwork legally too. The insurance companies realize the cost of disputing it is unattainable, especially the small little ways they end up screwing large numbers of people.

I have people sadly asking me about how to do jack when the insurance company screws them. There isn't a good answer; all I can do is nervously, awkwardly say that in a better world than the one we live in.... That and, "If I had the answer to the US healthcare system...." Occasionally awkward sort of half apologetically smile. Ultimately, there needs to be some regulatory agency to hold these insurance companies accountable, but that seems unlikely at present. The myriad of rules (research time), and cost of dispute are for all practical purposes, insurmountable under present situations.

Even in present administrative law with regulatory matters, the lobbyists are so thick you can't see around them.

Please do not quote:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 08:27:57 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 8652 8653 [8654] 8655 8656 ... 11037