Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8634 8635 [8636] 8637 8638 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14520831 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129525 on: December 22, 2017, 01:04:27 pm »

Heh. I got a lift back from work with someone this morning.
"You don't drink? Wow. What do you do then?"
"Take it easy, really. Don't go to nightclubs or anything."
"Oh, so you're laid back?"
"Mhm."
"..."
"..."
"Want some weed?"
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129526 on: December 22, 2017, 01:10:32 pm »

What the fuck? It's just me or that's just like the opposite choice, really counter intuitive for me at least.

I mean, if somebody tell me she/he doesn't drink, the last thing I would think of them is that they smoke marijuana. Granted might be a stereotype in my mind that you at least must drink alcohol if you use drugs... so I don't know. Since I rarely went to clubs or anything I woulnd't know, I do drink on occasion but never did drugs.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #129527 on: December 22, 2017, 01:16:28 pm »

There's a good handful of drugs that aren't as bad for you as alcohol is, heh. It's been pretty rare but I've met one or two folks that wouldn't touch alcohol, but had some other sort of drug they indulged in.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #129528 on: December 22, 2017, 01:19:25 pm »

I've definitely heard a "the drink is poison for your body man, you gotta stick with God's sweet herb" line a couple of times.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129529 on: December 22, 2017, 01:21:23 pm »

People don't like it when people are different.

It's the same with teetotallers.

I'm a teetotaller, honestly never even been drunk before. I imagine being slightly drunk is something like going 24-30 hours of no sleep and getting my second wind, which I do pretty often. I just say that cause I tend to lose my introspection, and I stop overthinking things, and although I'm pretty shit at thinking or concentrating at that point, I generally feel I'm looser and more carefree.

I have a feeling I'm dead wrong about the comparison however.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129530 on: December 22, 2017, 01:38:13 pm »

It gives you a slight euphoric boost and loss of inhibition, then the further you are intoxicated it can make you either much euphoric, depressed or violent, it depends on the person and the moment I guess.

Generally I just get supper sleepy after a point and start speaking in english for whatever reason until I fall asleep.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #129531 on: December 22, 2017, 01:40:55 pm »

I kinda put vegans, atheists, tee-totallers and ex-smokers into a similar category. Like, imma let you do you, but don't get all smug and tell me what a horrible person I am for not doing that. All four are categories full of fine people, but also have a vocal minority of scolds.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #129532 on: December 22, 2017, 01:43:12 pm »

I've only been drunk once, and the only thing I really noticed was my lack of anxiety towards dedicating the whole night to playing DSIII. It was alright. I even made progress, so I guess it doesn't incapacitate me that badly. I wasn't around anyone else though, so maybe I'm a violent drunk and just didn't notice.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129533 on: December 22, 2017, 01:46:43 pm »

All four are categories full of fine people, but also have a vocal minority of scolds.
This is applicable to almost all human groups ever. Heck I could even say it applies to animal and why not extraterrestrials too.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #129534 on: December 22, 2017, 01:47:12 pm »

I'm actually fairly curious what drunk-me would be like. Curious and slightly anxious.

As for the weed thing, he was basically saying "you're laidback, you'd like weed. Here, have some of the one I'm smoking at this moment in time."

Then he tried to sell me on the idea of weed with me politely telling him that, no, I do not want to get high.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129535 on: December 22, 2017, 02:17:41 pm »

getting hammered just made me more depressive and awful IME
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #129536 on: December 22, 2017, 02:24:56 pm »

While I don't drink, have no idea why anyone would want to get drunk, and despise this cultural worship of drinking neurotoxin to act silly, I don't go around acting like I am morally superior or whatnot.

Not drinking does save you a whole lot of money though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129537 on: December 22, 2017, 02:37:10 pm »

Drinks are more of an acquired taste. And they can be indeed very, VERY tasty. There's also the fact that beer is really refreshing, and drinks can have good effects on your health. All this of course if taking moderately.

In the past we used to have beer on the fridge, buy it by the bin (36 bottles of 350 ml each), and they would last for months in the fridge. Taking one after work every other day or so, or in specially hot days. Sometimes two with the wife on fridays.

I discourage everyone to indulge in heavy drinking. It's awful and can have bad and lasting effects. Please don't do it.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129538 on: December 22, 2017, 02:40:56 pm »

Beer just tastes like urine to me, I'm sorry.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #129539 on: December 22, 2017, 02:49:05 pm »

I kinda put vegans, atheists, tee-totallers and ex-smokers into a similar category. Like, imma let you do you, but don't get all smug and tell me what a horrible person I am for not doing that. All four are categories full of fine people, but also have a vocal minority of scolds.
While meat-eating, religion, and drinking is fine, there really isn't any good reason to smoke. It is expensive, and bad for your health. Why do it?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 02:52:53 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 8634 8635 [8636] 8637 8638 ... 11037