Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8601 8602 [8603] 8604 8605 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14518441 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129030 on: November 27, 2017, 05:01:49 pm »

This is both a wtf and an EuroPol thing, apparently Der Spiegel (a German news mag) asked this British singer Morrissey whether he'd kill Trump given the chance. Leaving aside the fact that Morrissey got baited with the question and could have answered differently, why did the magazine ask that? Killing the leader of a country isn't something to casually make a joke question about. Were he American, Morrissey would be getting a visit from the Secret Service, wouldn't be surprised if he got blacklisted by them already. http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/361951-morrissey-i-would-kill-trump-for-the-safety-of-humanity  The Die Spiegel article itself is in German though.

The tl;dr is that the wtf is why did Der Spiegel even go there, though they're kind of a somewhat provocative magazine, but still.... seriously?
Find me the full version somewhere and I'll be happy to translate - that sounds like something taken way out of context.

The link is in the article, but here: http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/morrissey-ueber-brexit-kevin-spacey-und-merkels-fluechtlingspolitik-a-1178545.html might be paywalled. I tried to use google translate, but it wouldn't load the article page for some reason on mobile.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129031 on: November 27, 2017, 05:10:03 pm »

I'm being trolled by buses this morning.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #129032 on: November 27, 2017, 05:24:55 pm »

*trollied
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129033 on: November 27, 2017, 05:56:29 pm »

Did some more digging, turns out there's actually at least two class-action suits against my insurance provider(Cigna). One was from their own employees, a 15-year case resolved about 2 years ago regarding being shafted by changes to pensions. The changes were actually legal, but the company illegally mislead their employees that the changes were worth less than before.

The other, filed about a year ago, is alleging massive fraud by ordering pharmacies to charge huge co-pays on prescription drugs, well in excess of the actual cost of the drugs. The extra cash goes right into the company's pockets as profit.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129034 on: November 27, 2017, 07:53:38 pm »

Goethe is pronounced "girta"?? Wtf?!
Bloody good thing I googled that 'fore tryna say it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129035 on: November 27, 2017, 08:01:02 pm »

Goethe is pronounced "girta"?? Wtf?!
Bloody good thing I googled that 'fore tryna say it.

You're reading it wrong, that's the International Phonetic Alphabet, probably easier to listen to the audio pronounciation, which the Wikipedia page has. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Wolfgang_von_Goethe

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #129036 on: November 27, 2017, 09:47:27 pm »

I cut (ran some hair clippers through my hair several times for a while) my own hair.

Uncertain of the result. Can’t seem to get the back of my head done right. Ah well? Ah well.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129037 on: November 27, 2017, 10:17:24 pm »

UgghI just saw an advert for loans which tried to do the "smart woman / silly man" dichotomy, except the "smart" thing the woman wanted to get with credit was a holiday and the "silly" thing the man wanted to buy was a new car. (It was coded as smart woman/silly man since the woman acts as the "voice of reason" at the end slamming down all the man's ideas).

C'mon advertising people it's getting old already. Buying a new car is a better investment than a travel holiday that you clearly can't afford since you need a fucking loan to go on it, especially since a new car will probably save on fuel and servicing compared to your old car.

Don't fuck with me that it's silly just because a man wants it. Like a lot of the "you go, girl" shit, this kind of advert is actually exploitative of women - it's encouraging them to go on expensive vacations on credit, which is one of the most irresponsible uses of credit I can imagine, but it wraps it up in gender-superiority bullshit, a sort of pseudo-feminism which bears no relation to actual feminist issues.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 10:34:42 pm by Reelya »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #129038 on: November 27, 2017, 10:20:54 pm »

Saw an advertisement where a young girl was explaining to her father what Chex Mix was.

While the idea was probably to be funny (the girl describes it as cereal that has lines and holes), Chex Mix is so common that it seemed way too strange that someone wouldn't know what it was...

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129039 on: November 27, 2017, 10:27:55 pm »

Saw an advertisement where a young girl was explaining to her father what Chex Mix was.

While the idea was probably to be funny (the girl describes it as cereal that has lines and holes), Chex Mix is so common that it seemed way too strange that someone wouldn't know what it was...

The father nods, entertaining the daughter then goes to a cupboard and pulls out his copy of Chex Quest. They spend the afternoon blasting Flemoids.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #129040 on: November 27, 2017, 10:43:22 pm »

A discussion on another forum led me to look into early cookbooks, in the course of which research I discovered a rather famous early Roman cookbook. Looking through the Gutenberg version of a translation, I was not simply surprised at some of the ingredients, but how lacking the instructions for cooking most of them were.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129041 on: November 27, 2017, 11:15:56 pm »

A discussion on another forum led me to look into early cookbooks, in the course of which research I discovered a rather famous early Roman cookbook. Looking through the Gutenberg version of a translation, I was not simply surprised at some of the ingredients, but how lacking the instructions for cooking most of them were.

What, Apicius? I've cooked from it before; it makes more sense in practice than on paper, aside from the laser.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #129042 on: November 27, 2017, 11:29:42 pm »

That's the one. Most of the recipes with odder ingredients I noticed were just a list of ingredients with no quantities or cooking instructions.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129043 on: November 27, 2017, 11:35:24 pm »

What, Apicius? I've cooked from it before; it makes more sense in practice than on paper, aside from the laser.

That's the one. Most of the recipes with odder ingredients I noticed were just a list of ingredients with no quantities or cooking instructions.

What laser?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #129044 on: November 27, 2017, 11:39:59 pm »

What laser?

The cooking laser, obviously.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 8601 8602 [8603] 8604 8605 ... 11037