Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8542 8543 [8544] 8545 8546 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14527349 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #128145 on: October 29, 2017, 02:15:35 pm »

I'm mad that the "metagaming language" given to me my games of this type and Hollow Knight up until only this point specifically was violated. This is a Metroidvania. There is no Telltale "your choices matter, no going back" stuff here. There is no indication that this is a lockout and even an indication that it's what you really should be doing, because you have to go out of your way to even get this.

And again I ask, but why though? There's no actual reason to put this in here. Nothing results from it. It's just "do you want to cut off part of the game y/n" but doesn't telegraph itself that way at all.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128146 on: October 29, 2017, 03:22:52 pm »

Obviously your wifi is confused.  See wifi is actually just a little psychic hamster running on a wheel inside your router, and sadly hamsters are not very good at identifying electronics.  It probably thinks your toaster is your macbook and is sending the wifi waves over to that instead.

I recommend a full shutdown of your macbook and to unplug your toaster so the hamster can't see either one anymore, so it thinks the macbook shut down.  then turn the macbook back on.  Once the macbook has wifi again, plug the toaster back in.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #128147 on: October 29, 2017, 03:31:48 pm »

Pretty sure Tatooine was a good place to hide Luke. For starters, Anakin hated his homeworld.
Of course he did. It was full of sand
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #128148 on: October 29, 2017, 03:44:56 pm »

Anakin isn't bad at talking.  He's just good at explaining why beach sex is a bad idea.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #128149 on: October 29, 2017, 03:49:03 pm »

Well. I did not expect a simple example I used to put a situation in context to cause a debate on the flaws of Star Wars lore and release the madness that is Star Wars Memes.

Opps.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #128150 on: October 29, 2017, 03:57:23 pm »

((Above comment had exactly one more "O." The Death Star destroyed it. Fund the Resistance today!))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #128151 on: October 29, 2017, 04:30:13 pm »

I'm mad that the "metagaming language" given to me my games of this type and Hollow Knight up until only this point specifically was violated. This is a Metroidvania. There is no Telltale "your choices matter, no going back" stuff here. There is no indication that this is a lockout and even an indication that it's what you really should be doing, because you have to go out of your way to even get this.

And again I ask, but why though? There's no actual reason to put this in here. Nothing results from it. It's just "do you want to cut off part of the game y/n" but doesn't telegraph itself that way at all.

Super Metroid, the metroidvania, has a point-of-no-return save right before Mother Brain.

On the other hand, that was also bad.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128152 on: October 29, 2017, 04:56:08 pm »

I love how Popeye wasn't even the main character in the comic he's from for the first good 10 years it was in print.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #128153 on: October 29, 2017, 05:14:46 pm »

Think that's funny? Beetle Bailey was a college-based strip for about a year until Beetle joined the Army to escape his two girlfriends, and Barney Google essentially eliminated the title character in the 1930s (renaming the strip to Barney Google and Snuffy Smith), and hasn't made more than a cameo appearance in 60 years.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128154 on: October 29, 2017, 05:17:21 pm »

Popeye eats spinach due to a study claiming spinach contained unheard of quantities of iron, and thus was thought by nutritionists to widen the bottleneck of muscle growth considerably, which grew into a public reputation as a general superfood. Years later it was discovered the original study put the decimal point in the wrong spot.

Whoops!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 05:19:51 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #128155 on: October 29, 2017, 05:26:58 pm »

Parents decided to bring home another puppy. Why the fuck do we need another puppy
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128156 on: October 29, 2017, 05:39:34 pm »

Think that's funny? Beetle Bailey was a college-based strip for about a year until Beetle joined the Army to escape his two girlfriends, and Barney Google essentially eliminated the title character in the 1930s (renaming the strip to Barney Google and Snuffy Smith), and hasn't made more than a cameo appearance in 60 years.

I distinctly remember one strip of Beetle Bailey, where his sergeant tells him that the secret to winning a battle is to pretend to surrender, then attack when the enemy lets their guard down. Bear in mind that doing so is actually a major war crime.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128157 on: October 29, 2017, 06:01:16 pm »

Does Popeye enjoy spinach? The idea of canned spinach being that it's this gross vegetable thing, but he chugs it down by the can and sprouts killer arm bits. But does he enjoy the bitter flavored of processed spinach vegetable, or does he only enjoy the musculature it bestows him? Is it the plant, or the high that he's after? And on top of that, is it the high that he enjoys, or is it just necessary to him to solve whatever his day's problems are, which almost exclusively require a can of the green stuff? Is he chasing the vegetable-dragon, fully surrendered to his canned vice? Does he ever elect to forgo his fix, and for how long?

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #128158 on: October 29, 2017, 06:34:53 pm »

The evils of society might only granted necessity on the level of society as a whole. But for one alone they are the chafing limitations of an unjust world. Are you to concern yourself with the whims of your masters and be bound in perpetuity?

What will it be, you aspirant of acceptability? Are you a smiling slave of God!? Burn in the fire of your ambition! Live and die screaming!
I’m kind of expecting you to toss a wine glass and turn into a giant bat demon at some point.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128159 on: October 29, 2017, 06:37:58 pm »

I have not had a lot of luck with my gaming day, god damn. After the debacle with Hollow Knight I decided to try out Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor and I'm utterly frustrated because this game lags me to hell. I don't really get it, because this is a sprite game and I about double the system requirements, but it goes below 10 FPS regularly. Which is a shame, because I quite like the atmosphere, especially when it isn't lagging.

My immersion! Save me GPU God!

The evils of society might only granted necessity on the level of society as a whole. But for one alone they are the chafing limitations of an unjust world. Are you to concern yourself with the whims of your masters and be bound in perpetuity?

What will it be, you aspirant of acceptability? Are you a smiling slave of God!? Burn in the fire of your ambition! Live and die screaming!
I’m kind of expecting you to toss a wine glass and turn into a giant bat demon at some point.
It's in the cards, I admit.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 8542 8543 [8544] 8545 8546 ... 11037