Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8506 8507 [8508] 8509 8510 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14542087 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #127605 on: October 12, 2017, 11:44:52 am »

Indeed. He's always going "Yoink!" when he does that.

Cheeky little bugger.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #127606 on: October 12, 2017, 01:31:41 pm »

Had a series of very strange social interactions yesterday, in my quest for a certain item that could have been sold at a variety of stores.
Almost everyone I interacted with was either weirdly friendly or excessively rude, yet somehow I managed to communicate with all of them without panicking and flubbing my conversation rolls due to anxiety penalties.
Even that perfect stranger who said to me, "Hey stupid, do you got a lighter?"
Sure, a better scenario would have been to pause and point out the irony of calling someone else an idiot immediately before voicing such poorly-structured word salad, but a terse-yet-unworried "no" was good enough. I was mainly just impressed at my ability to prevent such an unexpected attack from affecting my mood. :)

Oh shit I've rambled and there's no time to abridge this post.
Good night Bay12.
Good job. I probably wouldn't have been able to prevent spitting out a comment like 'surely, someone as bright as you don't need no lighter', and gotten punched in the face by the rudeboy.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127607 on: October 12, 2017, 04:35:33 pm »

Am I the only guy who says a casual and unhurried "nah sorry" and moves on but wishes he'd said something eloquent and provocative?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127608 on: October 12, 2017, 04:39:51 pm »

Am I the only guy who says a casual and unhurried "nah sorry" and moves on but wishes he'd said something eloquent and provocative?

I say something similar, having been the only nonsmoker in a sea of them for a while and gotten thoroughly tired of being either polite or witty: "Left it on your mother's nightstand, sorry."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 04:44:53 pm by Trekkin »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127609 on: October 12, 2017, 06:34:18 pm »

I often think that, but then I think that trying to be more eloquent or witty than is absolutely necessary actually damages the conversation by adding more detail and less focus that isn't related to the actual point of the what's being talked about. That being said, I have no clue why anyone would go up to a stranger and address them as 'stupid', I'd have been baffled to the point of speechlessness in that situation.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127610 on: October 12, 2017, 08:10:32 pm »

Watch out for daimo he's always stealing your lighters
Just 'cause I'm scoffin' away on them ciggies all day...

Good job. I probably wouldn't have been able to prevent spitting out a comment like 'surely, someone as bright as you don't need no lighter', and gotten punched in the face by the rudeboy.
This was actually one of a pair of trashy females, seemingly waiting for a bus/taxi/whatever. That's not to say she wouldn't have punched me, though. :))

Generally when someone asks me for a cigarette I'll drawl out a "sorry man, I don't smoke tobacco" which tends to get a knowing grin from even the scungiest of characters.
That excuse doesn't really work for not having a lighter, though, and for all I know it's my hair that makes it work to begin with.

I have no clue why anyone would go up to a stranger and address them as 'stupid', I'd have been baffled to the point of speechlessness in that situation.
Yeah, this. Hence why I was pleased that I managed a coherent response at all.
I'm still not sure why I encountered so much weirdness yesterday. I was dressed somewhat unusually for me, and most of these confusing social interactions were with females, but I'm pretty sure I was wearing far too much colour to have been attractive.
Clearly I need to goth harder.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #127611 on: October 12, 2017, 08:19:11 pm »

You mean...

Ruud boy. /it’s funny because it’s stupid

Ruud Boymans?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127612 on: October 12, 2017, 08:20:32 pm »

Nobody says things like that to me because I am 6'4" and 240lb.

Everyone is either really nice to me because I am generally agreeable or really nice to me and I have to convince them I don't want to make them into people jelly.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127613 on: October 12, 2017, 08:43:06 pm »

GPS directed me the wrong way on a one way street in pitch darkness on winding city roads, fun times, luckily it was not very busy.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #127614 on: October 12, 2017, 11:04:12 pm »

Fight some wild dogs. Try to rest, interrupted by wild dogs. Kill them, try to rest again: even more wild dogs. Surely I can rest now! Nope, humanoid dogs (gnolls) now. Feel dread as I click the rest button. Even more gnolls. That was the last wave unfortunately, because I was hoping to see how far the game took it.

Baldur's Gate Enchanced Edition, in case someone doesn't recognize it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127615 on: October 12, 2017, 11:35:52 pm »

Now enhanced with 50% more wild dogs
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #127616 on: October 13, 2017, 01:37:51 am »

101 wild dalmations

You could've taken one of his cigs and thrown it away. Then he would've become... a cigarette lighter!
ba-dum tss
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:41:21 am by overseer05-15 »
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127617 on: October 13, 2017, 02:07:17 am »

It's not comedy unless you are laughing madly while being beaten to death.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127618 on: October 13, 2017, 03:27:30 am »

Gosh, normally I'd put this in the Mildsad thread, but... wandering the city, wracked with anxiety, struggling to enjoy myself in spite of it all and even wearing an old shirt I haven't worn in ages... it feels like I've travelled back in time. Fuck.
I think I've been getting too used to having less anxiety, now it's a shock when my issues do rear their ugly heads.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #127619 on: October 13, 2017, 04:55:25 am »

Fight some wild dogs. Try to rest, interrupted by wild dogs. Kill them, try to rest again: even more wild dogs. Surely I can rest now! Nope, humanoid dogs (gnolls) now. Feel dread as I click the rest button. Even more gnolls. That was the last wave unfortunately, because I was hoping to see how far the game took it.

Baldur's Gate Enchanced Edition, in case someone doesn't recognize it.

Reminds me of DF .40d. Critters would ambush you constantly. Like fast travelling was prohibitively dangerous just because youd probably get ambushed by a large group of wolves or a grizzly bear every 20 squares or something. It still happens now and then, but at least it isnt as frequent, and youre less likely to get scratched in the lowerbody by a wolf and have your ass just explode into gore in one hit. I once saw a child punch a critter and its lower body exploded, just one punch. Boom, no more ass.

Or bogeymen right now. Fucking bogeymen.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 8506 8507 [8508] 8509 8510 ... 11037