Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8427 8428 [8429] 8430 8431 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14528501 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #126420 on: September 04, 2017, 06:47:14 pm »

Demiurge, divine and arcane in one character, would have been where it was at.
Except that class basically sucked, due to logarithmic growth.  You were basically half a wizard and half a cleric, which was less than a sixteenth of a either, at level 20.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126421 on: September 04, 2017, 07:15:17 pm »

I recall the best 3.5 mixed casters were Ur-Priest based Mystic Theurges.

Ur-Priest was a PrC that gave you full cleric casting in just 10 levels and was designed for those with no prior divine casting, so throw in wizards with the right skills/feats, dip one level of Ur-Priest and then take Mystic Theurge and get level 9s in both Cleric and Wizard casting before level 20.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126422 on: September 04, 2017, 07:18:33 pm »

Any sufficiently advanced science is indistinguishable from magic.
Any sufficiently advanced panda is indistinguishable from nazis.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #126423 on: September 04, 2017, 09:13:35 pm »

Any sufficiently advanced science is indistinguishable from magic.
Any sufficiently advanced panda is indistinguishable from nazis.
Any sufficiently advanced vibration is indistinguishable from Descan.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126424 on: September 04, 2017, 09:52:03 pm »

Speaking of nazis...

I never thought I would find any public figure, current or otherwise, who represented my own, seemingly-schizophrenic political views.
As far as I could see anyone who gave a damn about animals (other than humans) was expected to be a goddamn bleeding-heart lunatic when it came to every other political issue, too. I've often found myself agreeing strongly with people (usually at one end or the other of the "political spectrum") on one point, thinking to myself that perhaps I have finally found a politician I can actually support, then being horrified beyond belief by the stupidity of their views on another topic.

Kind of infuriating, really. But now I just might have found a book that, at least very loosely, captures my beliefs.
I won't know how loosely until I read more of the book, but it seems promising so far. Anyhow, that's my current WTF.

...Oh! And also I got hearing aids. That's a pretty big WTF, being able to hear all sorts of shit I normally wouldn't.
Probably worthy of a whole other post, really - perhaps I shall post photos and/or a more detailed description later once I am not so overwhelmed.
Damn, my keyboard sounds nice as I type on it. ^-^
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #126425 on: September 04, 2017, 11:44:46 pm »

...Oh! And also I got hearing aids. That's a pretty big WTF, being able to hear all sorts of shit I normally wouldn't.

And this is to go even further than before.
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AAAAAHAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
*Insert gif here*
××××××××××××××××××

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126426 on: September 04, 2017, 11:53:38 pm »

aids - plural of aid
aid - help

This has nothing to do with AIDS meaning Aquired Imunity Disorder Syndrome, I presume.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126427 on: September 05, 2017, 12:26:15 am »

This is more of a rage post rather than a WTF, but I feel like this is information that needs to be out there.

So today I spent my entire night trying to fix my cousin's laptop. The specific issue, she couldn't change the language to English (or any other language tbh). After browsing google for hours and going through multiple restarts, I finally figure out why. It turns out that the version of windows that was installed on the computer was "Windows Single Language edition", which is exactly what it sounds like. One language that you can never change. Now that already sucks, but what pisses me off is this: Why the F**K did I have to spend so many hours googling when microsoft could have simply made some notification that says "Hi, it looks like you're trying to install a language. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, but that is not a feature available for windows single language edition". Instead I get a "This language is not compatible with your version of windows" error without explaining why it would be incompatible.

What's the point of this rant though? Well the point is pretty simple, as a guy who now owns a computer with single language edition I have two options to make the thing display in actual English. One, I can fork over some cash to Micro$oft and upgrade to the pro edition, or two, I can learn to pirate and get functional software for free.

That's not the only point though. As advice to those who are computer shopping, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CHECK THE VERSION OF WINDOWS INSTALLED!! Though I wish it didn't have to be this way, it seems like doing so is a necessity if you want to avoid being blindsided by hidden costs and fees.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #126428 on: September 05, 2017, 01:50:24 am »

You could try calling Microsoft or whoever sold you that software and see what they say.  Or if the computer is recently bought, return it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #126429 on: September 05, 2017, 03:44:38 am »

Only if you don't understand it, peasant filth.
The more you understand mathematics the more you realize it's literally magic, though.

Statistics in particular is the art of quantifying the perturbations of fates to predict the future.

Honestly I feel like most academic paper will sound like alchemy if you replace tehcnical jargons with arcane codewords.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #126430 on: September 05, 2017, 06:08:57 am »

Well, this is certainly strange and annoying. Trying to change my avatar in my profile instead sets it to the "No Avatar" option.

EDIT: Turns out it only happens when the image is being linked from imgur. That's nice to know.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 06:14:16 am by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dozebôm Lolumzalės

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #126431 on: September 05, 2017, 09:43:29 am »

The more you understand mathematics the more you realize it's literally magic, though.

Statistics, in particular, is the art of quantifying the perturbations of fates to predict the future.

Honestly, I feel like most academic paper will sound like alchemy if you replace technical jargons with arcane codewords.
A physics major once told me that quantum physics was "basically magic."
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126432 on: September 05, 2017, 09:59:15 am »

Statistics, in particular, is the art of quantifying the perturbations of fates to predict the future.

Honestly, I feel like most academic paper will sound like alchemy if you replace technical jargons with arcane codewords.

It'd certainly sound arcane and 'basically magic' to those not familiar with it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #126433 on: September 05, 2017, 10:36:36 am »

Well, somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #126434 on: September 05, 2017, 10:39:21 am »

Well, somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me.
Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down...
Oh. Wrong roll.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 8427 8428 [8429] 8430 8431 ... 11037