Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8252 8253 [8254] 8255 8256 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14527166 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #123795 on: July 01, 2017, 09:25:45 am »

That being said, some people DO go into medicine just so that they can advocate the use of various alternative therapies.
... I mean eventually I'm sure I'll find a positive example.
Like someone who goes into newspaper reporting because they've got a bone to pick with the trump administration and then spend the entire time bashing them and receiving kickbacks
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123796 on: July 01, 2017, 09:38:33 am »

Dr Oz is a corrupt bastard, he shills for-profit quack "medicines" that have been linked to dangerous side effects and don't do what they claim to do.

The fact that he's so charming about it is actually the scary part.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #123797 on: July 01, 2017, 10:02:58 am »

Don't blame them, blame Mercator.
Isn't that the guy who founded the Sealeucid Empire?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #123798 on: July 01, 2017, 10:07:09 am »

Dr Oz is a corrupt bastard, he shills for-profit quack "medicines" that have been linked to dangerous side effects and don't do what they claim to do.

The fact that he's so charming about it is actually the scary part.

Do you expect a snake oil salesman to be boring? :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #123799 on: July 01, 2017, 10:10:09 am »

Don't blame them, blame Mercator.
Isn't that the guy who founded the Sealeucid Empire?
I heard he was also a roman emporer. It physically hurt to write emporer.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123800 on: July 01, 2017, 10:42:01 am »

Naah, Mercator ruled Phoenicia.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #123802 on: July 01, 2017, 10:57:37 am »

That being said, some people DO go into medicine just so that they can advocate the use of various alternative therapies.
... I mean eventually I'm sure I'll find a positive example.
Like someone who goes into newspaper reporting because they've got a bone to pick with the trump administration and then spend the entire time bashing them and receiving kickbacks

sadly enough yes. I've always found it bizarre. I wish the institutions and the establishment cracked harder on quackery.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #123804 on: July 01, 2017, 11:11:15 am »

Naah, Mercator ruled Phoenicia.
My joke was merman Nicator.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123805 on: July 01, 2017, 11:25:30 am »

Ever play a "story based" RPG where you swear you could just skip 90% of the game AKA the middle part and lose absolutely nothing of substance except MAYBE pacing?

Ever play a series where you could just flat out eliminate say... the first and second game (of a trilogy) and it wouldn't really matter?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #123806 on: July 01, 2017, 11:28:04 am »

Yeah, Tales of Vesperia AKA how many hours can I put into a game with no central antagonist or conflict?

As for unnecessary games in a trilogy, In Mass Effect that would be my favorite game in the series :P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123807 on: July 01, 2017, 11:43:16 am »

I am just starting to feel the blah by the pointlessness of a lot of story based games lately.

The ultimate was this letsplay of .Hack which at the time was mildly popular but actually seeing it myself it feels so overwhelmingly pointless. The actual full breath of worthwhile story could probably fit on a napkin. (and that game can't even use the excuse of gameplay because that is bad too!)

Then I also seen Xenosaga which is also a trio of games with a plot so thin and stretched soo far that the entire first game, which is almost entirely pointless, would have probably been the first 1-2 hours of any normal RPG (It doesn't help that the second game... kind of invalidates the first game...)

Which don't get me wrong scant story can work as long as you bolster it up with atmosphere and character... Which games are allergic to.

Not that games don't HAVE atmosphere... But the atmosphere most games seem to go with is to inspire lethargy. Goodness when was the last game I played that actually seriously attempted to instill a sense of wonderment in me and tried to pull me into this world and its many people? Skyrim? No that game uses dull tones (Lethargy).
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 11:46:04 am by Neonivek »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123808 on: July 01, 2017, 11:49:20 am »

Breath of the wild?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123809 on: July 01, 2017, 11:54:39 am »

Breath of the wild?

I haven't played it... But I could imagine you being right about that.

Not exactly story based, but then again I didn't say story based when I just said wonderment and pull into the world.
Pages: 1 ... 8252 8253 [8254] 8255 8256 ... 11037