Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8005 8006 [8007] 8008 8009 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14526103 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #120090 on: March 31, 2017, 06:57:34 am »

Tomorrow will be 1st April and it's started snowing in my city (I live in Tyumen, it's near Yekaterinburg).

I started to hate winters; since all that shit started to happen in Ukraine, the local government stopped giving a fuck about the fucking ice! I still remember how I was almost crouching while going to school because nobody even tried to clean the path from the ice. I miss 2010-2013 so much, It was the best period in my short life...
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #120091 on: March 31, 2017, 07:21:17 am »

Tomorrow will be 1st April and it's started snowing in my city (I live in Tyumen, it's near Yekaterinburg).

I started to hate winters; since all that shit started to happen in Ukraine, the local government stopped giving a fuck about the fucking ice! I still remember how I was almost crouching while going to school because nobody even tried to clean the path from the ice. I miss 2010-2013 so much, It was the best period in my short life...

Mild snow in Moscow last two days, too.

Assuming you recalled the start of Ukraine crisis as a time benchmark, because otherwise I see no connection between that and poor community service.
Also, it might've been best period in your life so far, which doesn't necessarily means everything from there must be downhill. Hang in there in your snowy wasteland enchanting wilderness, man.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #120092 on: March 31, 2017, 07:29:28 am »

All that community service money must have been transfered to Moscow - they're been replacing elevators and underground water/electricity/I-dunno-what-exactly communications here everywhere for the past several years straight.

Truly Moscow is the bloody-handed vampir that feasts on the poor Russia's neck!
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120093 on: March 31, 2017, 07:31:05 am »

On the subject of Vampires.

Ohh by the by Canadians? Don't give Blood unless you are absolutely sure you want to.

Canada's blood services are run by vampires! They will call you CONSTANTLY!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120094 on: March 31, 2017, 07:33:30 am »

The only reason the US's does not is because they made it illegal to donate more than a certain amount within a set time interval.

Otherwise, the red cross would be driving red icecream trucks around all over looking to seduce gullible fools into getting literally bled for a fudgecicle.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120095 on: March 31, 2017, 07:34:24 am »

All that community service money must have been transfered to Moscow - they're been replacing elevators and underground water/electricity/I-dunno-what-exactly communications here everywhere for the past several years straight.

Half my street has been dug up for some sort of repairs for past 15 years - that's as long I live in my current place of residence, three quarters my life.
On the other hand, they do get some shit done across the city. Although I'm still pissed everytime I see community workers pouring asphalt in a pothole literally filled with water or snow - the money we roll into the roads in this country is insane, but most of it diverges into private pockets. Shame, really. How do we even start to fix a system that's untouchable from the top, inaccessible from the bottom and has rotten parts all over the middle?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 07:37:53 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120096 on: March 31, 2017, 07:48:33 am »

If it makes you feel any better, the US is not much better. I am in my mid to late 30s. I have yet to see them finish a local major traffic artery, Kellogg Ave. Why is it important that I am in my late 30s? BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN UNDERTAKING CONTINUOUS ROAD WORK ON KELLOGG THE ENTIRE TIME I HAVE BEEN ALIVE.

By the time they finish renovating one side, the other side needs renovation again.  The latest bit is estimated to take at least 2 years just to complete the latest intersection renovation. The increased traffic flow through the West end of the city this project will create will cause increased wear and congestion on the rest of kellogg, resulting in increased need for further renovations. It is an endless, vicious circle.

http://www.235kelloggcentral.com/

Not to suggest that my cozy and safe home away from the risk of actual bombs, russian invading troops, et al is in any way comparable to the situation in the Ukraine, just that the continual funneling of public funds into construction projects of this type is not unique to that area. (Nor is the use of slipshod construction techniques. I happen to KNOW that there are voids the size of my fist inside the underlay concrete of the new East side of Kellogg they just finished, because I watched them lay the concrete. This will result in failure of the roadbed, necessitating further renovations. Fancy that. Guess that is what happens WHEN YOU HIRE THE SAME FIRM EVERY DAMN TIME TO DO THE REPAIRS.)

Corruption is the same the world over.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120097 on: March 31, 2017, 08:02:49 am »

Corruption is the same the world over.

If it works, don't change it, right?
Sigs

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #120098 on: March 31, 2017, 11:02:35 am »

O_o
o_O

I suppose I'm lucky, then? A year or so ago part of a major road in town literally exploded due to the Arps plant it was built along, and it was fixed up in a few weeks, good as new. This is pretty consistent with everything else road related around me so
BTW I live in America
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #120099 on: March 31, 2017, 11:46:19 am »

O_o
o_O

I suppose I'm lucky, then? A year or so ago part of a major road in town literally exploded due to the Arps plant it was built along, and it was fixed up in a few weeks, good as new. This is pretty consistent with everything else road related around me so
BTW I live in America
Could just be in a good area for it. Alternatively, that bit related to the arps plant may have had something to do with it. I wouldn't be surprised to find a number of the areas prone to perpetual construction contracts are also scarce on major transportation reliant businesses.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120100 on: March 31, 2017, 12:14:53 pm »

I remember one time in NJ an oxygen tank plant exploded and we thought it was the local airbase testing bombs.

We felt the shockwave like 5 miles away.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #120101 on: March 31, 2017, 01:27:29 pm »

Must have been a real breath of fresh air hehe

Roads in the two towns along the route to Coeur d'Alene here are almost paved with gravel because they've degraded so much. They can't afford to do repairs on the taxes they get (neither of them have any real large businesses or wealthy residents I guess) and the state is obsessing over making highway 95 four lanes along its entire length. It's funny, they replaced the highway through the smaller town and it's almost perfect, the rest of town looks like a warzone.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120102 on: March 31, 2017, 01:29:13 pm »

Half the class caught someone fapping through his basketball shorts during 5th period. It was horrifying.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 01:31:02 pm by tonnot98 »
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120103 on: March 31, 2017, 01:45:25 pm »

Half the class caught someone fapping through his basketball shorts during 5th period. It was horrifying.

Well sorry we can't all be Don Sexio :P

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #120104 on: March 31, 2017, 01:48:21 pm »

It was inevitable.

It makes me wonder if the people who get caught are some kind of exhibitionist or if they really think they can get away with it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 8005 8006 [8007] 8008 8009 ... 11037