Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7855 7856 [7857] 7858 7859 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14478140 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #117840 on: February 07, 2017, 05:38:43 pm »

I only get my hair cut once every year or so. It used to cover my eyes, but then male-pattern balding set in around 23 or so. The only thing is that it tends to push into my ears.

Also, the most relevant song for this topic.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117841 on: February 07, 2017, 05:50:39 pm »

I was expecting "I whip my hair back and forth", was pleasantly surprised.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117842 on: February 07, 2017, 07:21:03 pm »

So I saw a Chinese Rip off of Gumball

And... it is soo extensively ripping the show off it sort of loops around being offensive and is kind of fascinating. It is just so thorough in its plagiarism.

How can you be such a plagiarist that it is somehow unique?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs_oOxjeLh4

---

It reminds me of those counterfeit coins that have become so infamos that they actually became a collector item onto themselves.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:25:38 pm by Neonivek »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117843 on: February 07, 2017, 08:25:18 pm »

My hair's now long enough to regularly fall into my eyes. Having to whip it aside is giving me whiplash.
lol k
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #117844 on: February 07, 2017, 09:57:16 pm »

So I saw a Chinese Rip off of Gumball

And... it is soo extensively ripping the show off it sort of loops around being offensive and is kind of fascinating. It is just so thorough in its plagiarism.

How can you be such a plagiarist that it is somehow unique?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs_oOxjeLh4

---

It reminds me of those counterfeit coins that have become so infamos that they actually became a collector item onto themselves.
Gumball actually parodied this rip-off, which was pretty funny.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117846 on: February 08, 2017, 01:12:56 am »

Good for them they got a physical release! That's unheard of for most indie games let alone fangames of another series. But for myself I'm wishing they were headphones with cool Touhou art on them.

TIL that Toy Story, one of my favorite films and franchises of all time, was once going to be called "Toyz In The Hood."
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117847 on: February 08, 2017, 03:56:07 am »

On the way to work my car suddenly started violently shaking and barely accelerating. This is the third time this has happened, and the previous two times we took it back to the dealership so that they could "fix" it. I do not understand why it continues to happen, as we have had this car barely a month.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117848 on: February 08, 2017, 04:42:07 am »

On the way to work my car suddenly started violently shaking and barely accelerating. This is the third time this has happened, and the previous two times we took it back to the dealership so that they could "fix" it. I do not understand why it continues to happen, as we have had this car barely a month.

Sounds like a lemon.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117849 on: February 08, 2017, 04:50:28 am »

Sounds like a lemon.
It is certainly a PoS. If I'm asked for my opinion, I would say give it back to them. This is also the second car we've had from them, as the first was a crap and we traded it in. But somehow this one manages to be worse.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #117850 on: February 08, 2017, 05:47:31 am »

Tom Zarek was actually Apollo WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS SHIT
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #117851 on: February 08, 2017, 06:11:45 am »

I don't know where to put this, so.... TFW you have social anexity (yeah, i just discovered i had this when i googled what it is)and have to ask someone something ("Is your real name [not telling you this]?"). AAaAaAaaAaAaAAaaAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #117852 on: February 08, 2017, 06:18:12 am »

Tom Zarek was actually Apollo WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS SHIT

Good question. They made a huge deal about Richard Hatch playing a major role in an effort to quell the GINO people.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117853 on: February 08, 2017, 07:56:30 am »

Ok odd thing here...

Has anyone ever felt like they had to up play their disability in order to convince people they had it?

Like... I have clinical depression and extremely intrapersonal. Yet I can act like a happy outgoing person because that is an essential skill for me to have.

As well ONE time I read the notes that my doctor wrote about whether or not he thought I had depression actually list my level of kempt as good... Even though at that time I hadn't showered for two weeks (maybe more) and only did so because I was going out to the doctor... and otherwise was avoiding it.

It is this weird play everytime I go to the doctor... because I want to be honest... But I have a very ingrained way of speaking to strangers that is "Be pleasant, upbeat, and intelligent" that only like two people have ever felt was masking for inner turmoil... and those people had depression as well. So in my head I am like "Ok I don't know how to act, I want to be honest but I can't give no signs" (because... well... You don't try to give depressed vibes to people. You learn that in what? Elementary?)

And yet it isn't like I know that I am being completely irrational... I've been to people and doctors who flat out turned me away because I didn't have any exaggerated symptoms and only after complaining about them enough did they finally listen (Asthma). Heck forget that parenthesis, I had someone turn me away for getting myself checked for Asthma BECAUSE I didn't pass out.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 07:58:14 am by Neonivek »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #117854 on: February 08, 2017, 08:07:33 am »

There's been a few times where I had to push myself to the brink of collapse to convince an employer that my asthma was a serious issue, mostly because it isn't too serious unless badly triggered.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 7855 7856 [7857] 7858 7859 ... 11037